Jump to content
ClubAdventist

Biblical Grounds for Divorce


Recommended Posts

Posted

I will not to give to much personal information, but I really need some questions answered. My spouse has left our long term marriage, no kids. The basis is because I had a drinking problem for a number of years. I was given an ultimatum to stop drinking or the marriage would end. I agreed to stop drinking, she still left. There has been no adultery or physical abuse.

Her pastor and parents have told her that drinking alcohol is grounds for divorce and that apparently, alcoholism is a form of adultery. I was not a model husband, but want to do all I can to reconcile the marriage. I've seen an Adventist counselor who says this is not grounds for divorce and another pastor also told me this.

Any advice is appreciated.

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

If you find some value to this community, please help out with a few dollars per month.



×
×
  • Create New...