Stan Posted December 16, 2011 Posted December 16, 2011 If it was not for Christmas, December would be a pretty boring month. Quote If you receive benefit to being here please help out with expenses. https://www.paypal.me/clubadventist Administrator of a few websites like https://adventistdating.com
Members phkrause Posted December 16, 2011 Members Posted December 16, 2011 LOL, I can only imagine. when living in Mass these past 38 years my wife felt the same about February. It was one of the most boring months. Very dreary days. they say one reason is because there's not much sun shine during this month. Quote phkrause When the righteous are in authority, the people rejoice; But when a wicked man rules, the people groan. Proverbs 29;2
bluebelle Posted December 17, 2011 Posted December 17, 2011 There's a commercial from Travelocity that has a woman at work, she looks at her clock, the clock says 4:30, she looks out the window and it's pitch black outside, she starts wailing like a kid. That's pretty much me from December to March. Quote
aldona Posted December 17, 2011 Posted December 17, 2011 If it was not for Christmas, December would be a pretty boring month. You are all invited to our place for Christmas in Australia - long warm days, trips to the beach, summer vacation for students, and the Christmas menu will feature mountains of fresh fruit, salads, vegie burgers and fresh fish on the outdoor barbecue, and ice cream. If Jesus came to earth right now, and had the choice of spending His "birthday" (unofficial, I know) in the northern or southern hemispheres, which do you think He would choose? AJ Quote www.asrc.org.au (Asylum Seeker Resource Centre, Melbourne)Helping over 2000 refugees & asylum seekers each monthIMSLP/Petrucci Music LibraryThe Public Domain Music Score Library - Free Sheet Music DownloadsLooking for classical sheet music? Try IMSLP first!
Stan Posted December 17, 2011 Author Posted December 17, 2011 (please someone buy me a ticket to the land down under) Quote If you receive benefit to being here please help out with expenses. https://www.paypal.me/clubadventist Administrator of a few websites like https://adventistdating.com
Members phkrause Posted December 17, 2011 Members Posted December 17, 2011 If Jesus came to earth right now, and had the choice of spending His "birthday" (unofficial, I know) in the northern or southern hemispheres, which do you think He would choose? AJ That would be a no brainer. The South Pole of course!! LOL Quote phkrause When the righteous are in authority, the people rejoice; But when a wicked man rules, the people groan. Proverbs 29;2
Moderators Gerr Posted December 17, 2011 Moderators Posted December 17, 2011 I'm in western N. Carolina, and thank God, it's 61 degrees F right now. We went to sing Christmas carols to the Nursing Home patients and the children passed out gifts and the cards they made for them. Quote
Stan Posted December 17, 2011 Author Posted December 17, 2011 Gerry, it is things like that that make such a difference in both the life of the kids, and the Nursing Home patients as well. Am so glad to read about this. Quote If you receive benefit to being here please help out with expenses. https://www.paypal.me/clubadventist Administrator of a few websites like https://adventistdating.com
Administrators Gail Posted December 17, 2011 Administrators Posted December 17, 2011 Yeah, Stanta- quit yer complaining!! Quote Isaiah 32:17 And the work of righteousness shall be peace; and the effect of righteousness quietness and assurance for ever.
Dottie Posted December 18, 2011 Posted December 18, 2011 Today our Pathfinders took double-layer fleece blankets to the Pediatric Department of one of the local hospitals, while the Adventurers delivered Christmas presents to needy children in their homes. Everyone received a blessing. Quote
GreatLakesGramma Posted December 18, 2011 Posted December 18, 2011 (please someone buy me a ticket to the land down under) Sorry Stan, I can't buy one for you. Quote Catherine God is the strength of my heart and my portion forever. Psalm 73:26. "To be a Christian means to forgive the inexcusable, because God has forgiven the inexcusable in you." -- C. S. Lewis
Members phkrause Posted December 18, 2011 Members Posted December 18, 2011 Today our Pathfinders took double-layer fleece blankets to the Pediatric Department of one of the local hospitals, while the Adventurers delivered Christmas presents to needy children in their homes. Everyone received a blessing. That sounds awesome. Quote phkrause When the righteous are in authority, the people rejoice; But when a wicked man rules, the people groan. Proverbs 29;2
Overaged Posted December 23, 2011 Posted December 23, 2011 Stanta thinks he lives "up North;" boy he should live here... Quote "People [rarely] see...the bright light which is in the clouds..." (Job 37:21)"I cannot know why suddenly the stormshould rage so fiercely round me in it's wrathBut this I know: God watches all my pathAnd I can trust""God helps us to draw strength from the storm" - OveragedFaith makes things possible; it does not make them easy, Steps To Christ
M. T. Cross Posted December 23, 2011 Posted December 23, 2011 I spent from Jan - Apr in Ponoka one year OA - that is as close to Northern Alberta as I want to get. Oh and before you ask - no, thats not why I was in Ponoka Quote
Overaged Posted December 23, 2011 Posted December 23, 2011 Ha Ha EC I had better PM the rest of this reply Quote "People [rarely] see...the bright light which is in the clouds..." (Job 37:21)"I cannot know why suddenly the stormshould rage so fiercely round me in it's wrathBut this I know: God watches all my pathAnd I can trust""God helps us to draw strength from the storm" - OveragedFaith makes things possible; it does not make them easy, Steps To Christ
Members phkrause Posted December 23, 2011 Members Posted December 23, 2011 Ha Ha EC I had better PM the rest of this reply Naughty, naughty dudes, your not gonna get a visit from Stanta. LOL Quote phkrause When the righteous are in authority, the people rejoice; But when a wicked man rules, the people groan. Proverbs 29;2
Overaged Posted December 23, 2011 Posted December 23, 2011 LOL; If I ever see Santa; I'm gonna punish him because He has not given me what I wanted for years. I'll put him in a head-lock until he says I can have what I want. Quote "People [rarely] see...the bright light which is in the clouds..." (Job 37:21)"I cannot know why suddenly the stormshould rage so fiercely round me in it's wrathBut this I know: God watches all my pathAnd I can trust""God helps us to draw strength from the storm" - OveragedFaith makes things possible; it does not make them easy, Steps To Christ
Members phkrause Posted December 23, 2011 Members Posted December 23, 2011 LOL; If I ever see Santa; I'm gonna punish him because He has not given me what I wanted for years. I'll put him in a head-lock until he says I can have what I want. Actually I was talking about Stanta not Santa, but I guess I better let him know what's in store, just in case he does decide to drop in. Quote phkrause When the righteous are in authority, the people rejoice; But when a wicked man rules, the people groan. Proverbs 29;2
Overaged Posted December 23, 2011 Posted December 23, 2011 Here's a picture of whats in store...lol Quote "People [rarely] see...the bright light which is in the clouds..." (Job 37:21)"I cannot know why suddenly the stormshould rage so fiercely round me in it's wrathBut this I know: God watches all my pathAnd I can trust""God helps us to draw strength from the storm" - OveragedFaith makes things possible; it does not make them easy, Steps To Christ
Members phkrause Posted December 23, 2011 Members Posted December 23, 2011 Quote phkrause When the righteous are in authority, the people rejoice; But when a wicked man rules, the people groan. Proverbs 29;2
Recommended Posts
Join the conversation
You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.