Jump to content
ClubAdventist

Thank God for sparing our lives this afternoon


Recommended Posts

  • Moderators
Posted

This afternoon as we were descending State Highway 30 heading from our house at Laurelbrook to the city of Dayton to do some shopping, we came to the intersection where my dad had had his fatal accident in 2005 (someone turned in front of him. The resulting crash broke his neck, and he died 2 1/2 weeks later in hospital).

As we approached the intersection, an SUV suddenly pulled out onto the highway from the rural state road and just stopped right in the middle of our lane for no good reason that I could tell. Fortunately, I was going slow enough (45 mph is not that slow, however) that I could go around him. There was no traffic in the opposite lane at that time! There wasn't even time to sound the horn.

The same place my father essentially got killed!

I think an angel was watching over us.

James Brenneman

  • Members
Posted

Praise the Lord James.

phkrause

When the righteous are in authority, the people rejoice; But when a wicked man rules, the people groan. Proverbs 29;2
  • Administrators
Posted

Yes!!! I'm so glad that nothing serious happened! Thanks for sharing that, James!

Whew!

Isaiah 32:17 And the work of righteousness shall be peace; and the effect of righteousness quietness and assurance for ever.

  • Administrators
Posted

Thank you John 423 for sharing your experience. Praise God for keeping you safe.

If your dreams are not big enough to scare you, they are not big enough for God

Posted

Sounds like the Devil is trying hard to get under your skin. Praise God that Jesus still has work for you to do.

I SO appreciate you being on the forum. I routinely read your SS Lesson study and participate in the cool poll. Had Satan beeen successful - I would have missed you.

May we be one so that the world may be won.
Christian from the cradle to the grave
I believe in Hematology.
 

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

If you find some value to this community, please help out with a few dollars per month.



×
×
  • Create New...