Gibs Posted February 8, 2012 Posted February 8, 2012 http://link.brightcove.com/services/player/bcpid949801312001?bckey=AQ~~%2cAAAACEco_Vk~%2c9bOat4XcfB_88ri1a3UMdKnLpH9aM8Fv&bclid=0&bctid=1271237687001 You will have to copy and paste 14 minutes of hard information on our education and you will be held by this fast presentation. 1Jo 4:4 ¶ Ye are of God, little children, and have overcome them: because greater is he that is in you, than he that is in the world. Quote A Freeman In Jesus Christ
Moderators Bravus Posted February 8, 2012 Moderators Posted February 8, 2012 There must be an unwritten law somewhere that anyone posting criticisms of education must include a spelling and grammar flaw somewhere in the title. The video is a bunch of ignorant, xenophobic ranting. Quote Truth is important
Gibs Posted February 8, 2012 Author Posted February 8, 2012 Bravus, There is right education and then there is a pull off into something that shouldn't be in public schools. Like she says, she'll teach her own on the subjects she was contending with. People need to stand up and stop this thing as it is going. 1Jo 4:4 ¶ Ye are of God, little children, and have overcome them: because greater is he that is in you, than he that is in the world. Quote A Freeman In Jesus Christ
Neil D Posted February 8, 2012 Posted February 8, 2012 People need to stand up and stop this thing as it is going. ok, I'm going to stand up and tell you that you need to get a life.....this lady is like you...she doesn't know what she is talking about....she parrots all the fears well... ...and before you get upset at me,..... .... I did what you said....I stood up and told you to get a life because if you think this lady espouses what you think, then you are as prejudiced as the Hitler that she makes the example of...If you think that there is jihad at every Heartland university, I would respectfull submit that you have absolutely no clue what our American kids are doing.... Quote Democracy is a device that ensures we shall be governed no better than we deserve. George Bernard Shaw
Moderators lazarus Posted February 8, 2012 Moderators Posted February 8, 2012 There must be an unwritten law somewhere that anyone posting criticisms of education must include a spelling and grammar flaw somewhere in the title. Quote Great spirits have always found violent opposition from mediocrities. The latter cannot understand it when a man does not thoughtlessly submit to hereditary prejudices but honestly and courageously uses his intelligence. Einstein
Gibs Posted February 8, 2012 Author Posted February 8, 2012 Thanks Hamilton, I do have a life and it is in Christ Jesus. He and His word is my heart song and meditation all the day long. Remember, those voices crying out in the wilderness of these times is sorely needed. You know all the voices crying out in Apostalic time were Martyred except for John and he was exciled. These days are not days to be purring peace and safety. We are beginning the most perilous times in this worlds history. I think you and her also should have perfect freedom to voice what concerns and troubles your heart. Again I see it coming, the voices crying out the truth in these times will be shut down one way or another, Martyrs are going to be many, believe me or not. 1Jo 4:4 ¶ Ye are of God, little children, and have overcome them: because greater is he that is in you, than he that is in the world. Quote A Freeman In Jesus Christ
Moderators Bravus Posted February 8, 2012 Moderators Posted February 8, 2012 The truth is important. The claims in that video are not the truth. Quote Truth is important
Moderators Bravus Posted February 8, 2012 Moderators Posted February 8, 2012 Also, this: http://www.zerohedge.com/contributed/ter·ror·ist-noun-anyone-who-disagrees-government Given that 'terrorist' is being redefined to mean 'dissenter', and given that there have been zero actual terrorist attacks in the period, it would be *fascinating* to know who those '75 home-grown terrorists' she cites were and what they did. Edit: I can find that figure nowhere in any reliable source, btw. Think she just made it up? Quote Truth is important
Gibs Posted February 9, 2012 Author Posted February 9, 2012 Strange most places I posted that testimony most found it doggone good advice and for me I do too, It was more for your all information, but it reveals to me where people are in their understanding and it alarms me. I know of several older school teachers that the curriculum was very troubling to them and were so glad to get out and retire because it was so against their grain. These older teachers are troubled greatly and from what they tell me many in the system are also. Take it or leave it is all I can say. 1Jo 4:4 ¶ Ye are of God, little children, and have overcome them: because greater is he that is in you, than he that is in the world. Quote A Freeman In Jesus Christ
Moderators Bravus Posted February 9, 2012 Moderators Posted February 9, 2012 People agreeing with something does not make it the truth. Quote Truth is important
Moderators Bravus Posted February 9, 2012 Moderators Posted February 9, 2012 And continuing to spread something that is not the truth... I seem to recall there was a commandment about that... Quote Truth is important
BobRyan Posted February 9, 2012 Posted February 9, 2012 The video is a bunch of ignorant, xenophobic ranting. Saudi money going to top US universities under Title 6? What are they paying for? Oops - I guess it does not matter what they are doing because looking into this is xenophobic. Ok - well now... at least that part is clear. Anyway - no matter what the program in the US one thing that I know for certain - many Islamic students are attending Adventist schools in India because Adventists are montheistic. And that my friends is a good thing. in Christ, Bob Quote John 8:32 - The Truth will make you free“The righteousness of Christ will not cover one cherished sin." COL 316.
ClubV12 Posted February 10, 2012 Posted February 10, 2012 Godwin's law kicks in on the fourth post. Is that a new record? Quote
Moderators LynnDel Posted February 10, 2012 Moderators Posted February 10, 2012 Anyway - no matter what the program in the US one thing that I know for certain - many Islamic students are attending Adventist schools in India because Adventists are montheistic. And that my friends is a good thing. in Christ, Bob Now that is interesting. Do we have a thread on this somewhere? LD Quote LD
Members phkrause Posted February 10, 2012 Members Posted February 10, 2012 From what I've seen most Muslim and Islamic countries treat Adventists pretty good, not always but most of the time. I think they respect us more than most other religious groups. That really says a lot I'd say. Quote phkrause When the righteous are in authority, the people rejoice; But when a wicked man rules, the people groan. Proverbs 29;2
Moderators LynnDel Posted February 10, 2012 Moderators Posted February 10, 2012 The word that jumped out at me is "monotheistic." I would have guessed they felt better toward us because of our diet -- because I am not sure we qualify as "monotheistic" in their view. LD Quote LD
BobRyan Posted February 11, 2012 Posted February 11, 2012 Originally Posted By: BobRyan Anyway - no matter what the program in the US one thing that I know for certain - many Islamic students are attending Adventist schools in India because Adventists are montheistic. And that my friends is a good thing. in Christ, Bob Now that is interesting. Do we have a thread on this somewhere? LD Don't know - but I have personally been to one of the key Muslim cities in India where we have a large 800+ student school -- and the vast majority of the students are muslim. in Christ, Bob Quote John 8:32 - The Truth will make you free“The righteousness of Christ will not cover one cherished sin." COL 316.
BobRyan Posted February 11, 2012 Posted February 11, 2012 The word that jumped out at me is "monotheistic." I would have guessed they felt better toward us because of our diet -- because I am not sure we qualify as "monotheistic" in their view. LD This is in India - if you don't think that Christians are viewed as monotheistic by Muslim's in a country where Hindus claim to have 3million+ gods to choose from - then review these facts. 1. Muslims agree with Christians on the virgin birth of christ, 2. Muslims agree with Christians on the 2nd coming being the return of Christ. 3. Muslim's agree with Christians on the fact that God created the World just as Genesis says. That means that we share much more in common with them - than do the Hindus. in Christ, Bob Quote John 8:32 - The Truth will make you free“The righteousness of Christ will not cover one cherished sin." COL 316.
Administrators Tom Wetmore Posted February 11, 2012 Administrators Posted February 11, 2012 For more info about this woman: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Brigitte_Gabriel http://www.sourcewatch.org/index.php?title=Brigitte_Gabriel http://www.loonwatch.com/2009/04/a-case-study-in-sincere-hypocrisy-brigitte-gabriel/ Quote "Absurdity reigns and confusion makes it look good." "Sinless perfection is such a shallow goal." "I love God only as much as the person I love the least." *Forgiveness is always good news. And that is the gospel truth. (And finally, the ideas expressed above are solely my person views and not that of any organization with which I am associated.)
fccool Posted February 11, 2012 Posted February 11, 2012 Godwin's law kicks in on the fourth post. Is that a new record? Actually, it kicked in with the first post :) Quote
Stan Posted February 12, 2012 Posted February 12, 2012 What is the correct answer to this. Do Adventist have Church law? Quote If you receive benefit to being here please help out with expenses. https://www.paypal.me/clubadventist Administrator of a few websites like https://adventistdating.com
Neil D Posted February 12, 2012 Posted February 12, 2012 Thanks Hamilton, I do have a life and it is in Christ Jesus. He and His word is my heart song and meditation all the day long. Remember, those voices crying out in the wilderness of these times is sorely needed. You know all the voices crying out in Apostalic time were Martyred except for John and he was exciled. These days are not days to be purring peace and safety. We are beginning the most perilous times in this worlds history. I think you and her also should have perfect freedom to voice what concerns and troubles your heart. Again I see it coming, the voices crying out the truth in these times will be shut down one way or another, Martyrs are going to be many, believe me or not. 1Jo 4:4 ¶ Ye are of God, little children, and have overcome them: because greater is he that is in you, than he that is in the world. [sigh]...I have seen so much done in the name of religion...I have seen bigotry, and the justification of violence and hatred as "this is what God would do"..... What many don't realize is that all this hatred is so contrary to who God is... We know that God is love...We know that God doesn't condemn His children...We know that God hurts just as much if not more when others do violence to us. What we forget is that not only are we, as adventists, are God's Children....what we forget is that the Atheist, and the muslim and the Catholic are also God's children. We forget that WE hold to the true character of God. WE KNOW that God is Love and we, hopefully as advenstist, experience some of that devine love. This is the base of our foundation of our faith.. Brigett is listed as a founder of a hate group. By you posting her message her on a Christian Board, you promote a hate message. You promote hate among Christians...This is why I followed your advise..I am standing up to you....You obviously don't understand what it means to empathize with your fellow human being. By promoting a hate message, You don't understand what you do....and you do it under the guise of Christianity. Why? ...worse, you do it under the Adventist banner...Why? Are you so wolfish as to put on sheep clothing and devour the flock? PLease, Gibs....get a real life...Ask Jesus for one... Quote Democracy is a device that ensures we shall be governed no better than we deserve. George Bernard Shaw
Recommended Posts
Join the conversation
You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.