olger Posted February 11, 2012 Posted February 11, 2012 The jarring arrogance of the aforementioned article is fortified by the climate in Washington - specifically the White House itself. No, liberalism is certainly not an indicator of wisdom, just the opposite at times. "We have to pass it, to see what's in it." "When we send that probe to Mars, will we be able to see the flag we planted there in 1974?" “It is wonderful to be back in Oregon,” Obama said. “Over the last 15 months, we’ve traveled to every corner of the United States. I’ve now been in 57 states." rejoice always, G [What olger is reacting to - Lower Cognitive Ability Predicts Greater...ergroup Contact ] "Please don't feed the drama queens.."
jasd Posted February 12, 2012 Posted February 12, 2012 QR frame: Ahhh, fear. Such a numinous thing... for instance: is it fear suffusing the liberal MSM which causes it to wage war, if you will, against the [conservative] Palins?—so much, as to disgustingly accuse father and daughter of incest... or is it just Academic IQuotient perniciousness? Mebbe, just good ol’fashioned liberal prejudice? Given the indicators, I’d much prefer the implied IQ of the Palins, rather than that supposed of the liberal MSM. IQ indeed. I measure well above a universal average on the scale... and have been invited to join a cliquey-clacky group of Intls. I know my limitations, so declined. Which leads to the gripe with current standards of IQ measurements: they are preloaded – and rather meaningless. Another for instance: I consider myself more Biblically conservative than the entirety of the .Org; yet, I daresay that most members [would] consider my Theology excessively liberal. So much for 'liberal'/'conservative'. Liberal/Conservative. It’s meaningless other than to determine the [conservative] sel de la terre from effervescing philogians. I mean, take a look at our liberal POTUS who is accelerating a move to the right with mind-numbing rapidity. Ain't it, like, bin thought that ‘Rightwing’ equals conservatism? Sheesh!—never mind the shuck and jive, just show me a legit birth certificate and a legit SS number, Obama. I’ve never donned tutu or liberalism; and, as might be gathered, I am so conservative as to be thought lowbrow. Color me phobic. “Oy!—mi Bebeta, bring me my pills – the ones in the dark bottle...” Ha!—on the effete! Okaayy, chill mes amis, mes amours. ;-)
Woody Posted February 12, 2012 Posted February 12, 2012 Quote: just show me a legit birth certificate and a legit SS number, Obama. Thanks for this point jasd. I appreciate it. But I fear that Obama will remain an illegal - for the nation just doesn't have the stomach to find the truth. May we be one so that the world may be won. Christian from the cradle to the grave I believe in Hematology.
jasd Posted February 12, 2012 Posted February 12, 2012 >>The extreme right wants to control speech when they don't have the intelligence to form a rational argument.<< Oh, “control speech”?—as by the imposition of a ‘Fairness Doctrine’?—which is the holy grail of today’s liberals... or, as Obama desires – the imposition of strictures on the Internet, as to control its being used by ‘dissenters’, as was the case during the Arabian Spring demonstrations? >>They only thing the extreme right has is inflammatory sound bytes.<< Like, “Tax the Wealthy!–the one per centers! Us against them!” Inflammatory?—I’d say... That ain not comin’ from the Tea Party or its like. >>They are obstructionists and have little in original ideas.<< I recall that the Republican Abe Lincoln had the idea to emancipate the slaves, which led this Nation to Civil War. >>To me that is a sure sign of either lazy, dishonest thinking, or a decided lack of intelligence. None of those are very good options.<< “Lazy" thinking is lapping the propaganda of ‘manmade global warming’ – in spite of evidence that warming is occurring throughout the Solar System – nuthin’ manmade about that. “Dishonest thinking” is thinking that Social Progressivism is nothing at all like Communism. “Lack of intelligence” is the charge leveled by rabid progressives against adversarial ideas; ie, cutting entitlement $pending to manageable level$. The only “good option” is conservatism. [/kidding] ;-) >>I'm not saying that liberals are perfect, but they aren't threatening to kill me if I disagree with them.<< Prince Philip of England cannot be considered a conservative. He stated, “In the event that I am reincarnated, I would like to return as a deadly virus, in order to contribute something to solve overpopulation.” That reads, “Kill them all.” (except for us, of course) Kissinger, though serving in the Nixon Administration, cannot be thought conservative. He said, “The elderly are useless eaters.” That reads, “Kill them all.” (except for us, of course) And, as you may recall, it was not the Tea Party that engaged in violence; rather, it were the liberal union members who took violence to the streets... an all too often occurring narrative. Ad infinitum. >>Fear and violence seem to be the tactic of choice for the far right.<< I note again: Tea Party v SEIU. >>You won't find death threats at this level by liberals on conservative blogs.<< Blogs are just that, Blogs; however, those who've taken violence to the streets used the means and language of the street. THAT, is not a good option. >>Tom does an excellent job of outlining his case, but the response against what he presents tends to be a bunch of snide remarks and tantrums. To me that is immaturity.<< There is an unhealthy dose of “snide remarks and tantrums” emanating from your post... schmaturity aside. >>I find nothing attractive in the far right Christian agenda. They look like a bunch of bullies and spoiled brats to me. I'm sick of it.<< The “far right Christian agenda” is salvaging the intent and purpose of our National Documents, as well - our Heritage - from those who cannot define either good sense or loyalty to Pais. “Bullies” You’d rather that Progressive Socialism, which seems to be the agenda of our current crop of gratuitous liberals prevail – that we may have the type of ‘bullying’ here as occurred in such as the European Eastern Bloc and the USSR? THAT’s bullying! Just one man, Stalin, is credited with killing as many if not more kulaks and peasants (mostly Ukrainians) in one year than did Hitler assortedly kill throughout the entire European Theatre during six years of War. Both were of one Socialist coin.
cardw Posted February 12, 2012 Posted February 12, 2012 >>The extreme right wants to control speech when they don't have the intelligence to form a rational argument.<< “Bullies” You’d rather that Progressive Socialism, which seems to be the agenda of our current crop of gratuitous liberals prevail – that we may have the type of ‘bullying’ here as occurred in such as the European Eastern Bloc and the USSR? THAT’s bullying! Just one man, Stalin, is credited with killing as many if not more kulaks and peasants (mostly Ukrainians) in one year than did Hitler assortedly kill throughout the entire European Theatre during six years of War. Both were of one Socialist coin. Socialism is just the sound byte used today to create fear. McCarthy did the same thing with communism. Nothing that Obama has done is even close to Stalin's methods of violence and control. Typical slander instead of reason. I may not agree with everything Obama is doing, but he is no Stalin. Using the Stalin Socialist card is basic smear and fear. Rich http://tiny.cc/CM2j8
cardw Posted February 12, 2012 Posted February 12, 2012 This article demonstrates the tendency for the right to mischaracterize liberal policies. The right is fighting a phantom left. I'm liberal, but I want a balanced budget and a government that doesn't interfere in my life. I want the poor taken care of efficiently without enabling further poverty because it is cheaper to actually take care of the poor than what we are doing in our present system. I want accountability, but Republicans simply want to cut off help. That will cost us more. It's financial policy ignorance. The problem is the right is simply against everything the left proposes even if it is a good idea. The mantra of the right is we want Obama to fail. Read this article of what Democratic Socialism is. This is what liberals want. We don't want the extreme left. We want to solve problems. We don't care if it has a republican or democrat label. Just get the job done and quit arguing against stuff that isn't there. Explaing Socialism to a Republican Rich http://tiny.cc/CM2j8
Members phkrause Posted February 12, 2012 Members Posted February 12, 2012 This was an excellent article cardw. Exactly what I've always thought was the case ever since Jr high. phkrause When the righteous are in authority, the people rejoice; But when a wicked man rules, the people groan. Proverbs 29;2
Recommended Posts