Jump to content
ClubAdventist

Recommended Posts

  • Moderators
Posted

There's something about Newt G that I really don't like. It's not so much WHAT he says but the way he says it. Is it his tone of voice or intonation? I'm not sure. I'm also thinking that there is something about the way he constructs his sentences but I can't figure it out.

Any ideas?

Great spirits have always found violent opposition from mediocrities. The latter cannot understand it when a man does not thoughtlessly submit to hereditary prejudices but honestly and courageously uses his intelligence.

Einstein

  • Administrators
Posted

Arrogance? Pomposity? Condescension? Hypocrisy?

"Absurdity reigns and confusion makes it look good."

"Sinless perfection is such a shallow goal."

"I love God only as much as the person I love the least."

*Forgiveness is always good news. And that is the gospel truth.

(And finally, the ideas expressed above are solely my person views and not that of any organization with which I am associated.)

Posted

Arrogance? Pomposity? Condescension? Hypocrisy?

I would think you like those traits.Obama is a master at all and you seem to admire him

Everything you do is based on the choices you make. It's not your parents, your past relationships, your job, the economy, the weather, an argument, or your age that is to blame. You and only you are responsible for every decision and choice you make, period ... ... Wish more people would realize this.

Quotes by Susan Gottesman

  • Moderators
Posted

I think Obama can be accused of a lot of things but probably not those. His likeability is still relatively strong.

Back to Newt. The word haughty comes to mind when I think about the way he talks. Yeah Tom, pomposity, arrogance and condescension all rolled together.

Great spirits have always found violent opposition from mediocrities. The latter cannot understand it when a man does not thoughtlessly submit to hereditary prejudices but honestly and courageously uses his intelligence.

Einstein

Posted

Ok. Question here.

Do you observe any arrogance in Barack Hussein Obama?

Do you observe any anger in him?

Not looking for a fight, just asking two honest questions.

G

"Please don't feed the drama queens.."

Posted

I remember during a State of the Union Address, during the speech, Barack Obama was called a liar while explaining a policy that he was about to impliment.

Now, I know if I was in his shoes, I would have stopped the speech and called out the man, a representative from the house, and called him on the carpet for interrupting me, the president. But, thankfully, I wasn't president. A bigger man than me was there.

He hesitated, and after some people in those chambers had told the man to be quiet, Obama went on to explain what he was doing and why.

To this day, the State of the Union has not been interupted by lesser members of congress with rude speech, let alone calling any president a liar to my knowledge. And quite frankly, I don't care if what the president is passing IS false information. You just dont interupt him when he is giving a speech to congress. Congress can pooh-hoo any presidents ideas AFTER he give his State of the Union address....they do plenty of that anyways...

Democracy is a device that ensures we shall be governed no better than we deserve.

 

George Bernard Shaw

 

  • Members
Posted

I remember during a State of the Union Address, during the speech, Barack Obama was called a liar while explaining a policy that he was about to impliment.

Now, I know if I was in his shoes, I would have stopped the speech and called out the man, a representative from the house, and called him on the carpet for interrupting me, the president. But, thankfully, I wasn't president. A bigger man than me was there.

He hesitated, and after some people in those chambers had told the man to be quiet, Obama went on to explain what he was doing and why.

To this day, the State of the Union has not been interupted by lesser members of congress with rude speech, let alone calling any president a liar to my knowledge. And quite frankly, I don't care if what the president is passing IS false information. You just dont interupt him when he is giving a speech to congress. Congress can pooh-hoo any presidents ideas AFTER he give his State of the Union address....they do plenty of that anyways...

thumbsup

phkrause

When the righteous are in authority, the people rejoice; But when a wicked man rules, the people groan. Proverbs 29;2
  • Moderators
Posted

Do you observe any arrogance in Barack Hussein Obama?

Do you observe any anger in him?

Not as distinctive traits no. I have seen him angry and perhaps sometimes arrogant as a politician but I don't get that as part of his personality.

I think he would have fared better in his presidency if he had displayed more of these attributes. My main criticism of him would be that he's too laid back. Too even tempered.

Great spirits have always found violent opposition from mediocrities. The latter cannot understand it when a man does not thoughtlessly submit to hereditary prejudices but honestly and courageously uses his intelligence.

Einstein

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

If you find some value to this community, please help out with a few dollars per month.



×
×
  • Create New...