Woody Posted March 12, 2012 Posted March 12, 2012 If you are going to be around Andrews during Easter - I highly recommend attending the Easter Passion Play: http://passionplay.andrews.edu/index.html Quote May we be one so that the world may be won. Christian from the cradle to the grave I believe in Hematology.
SivartM Posted March 12, 2012 Posted March 12, 2012 As someone at Andrews who is not going to be in the Passion Play but saw it last year, yes, go! Also, that same weekend, I will be performing in a production of Twelve Angry Men at Andrews, so if you'll be around, please come see that as well! :) Quote "Always forgive your enemies; nothing annoys them so much." - Oscar Wilde�Do to others whatever you would like them to do to you. This is the essence of all that is taught in the law and the prophets." - Jesus
Moderators Jeannieb43 Posted March 12, 2012 Moderators Posted March 12, 2012 As someone at Andrews who is not going to be in the Passion Play but saw it last year, yes, go! Also, that same weekend, I will be performing in a production of Twelve Angry Men at Andrews, so if you'll be around, please come see that as well! Neat, Sivart!! Wasn't Henry Fonda in that movie?? Will you be performing his role?? This play shows the impact one lone person can have in deliberations re: guilt or innocence. Wish I could see your performance. Quote Jeannie<br /><br /><br />...Change is inevitable; growth is optional....
SivartM Posted March 12, 2012 Posted March 12, 2012 Neat, Sivart!! Wasn't Henry Fonda in that movie?? Will you be performing his role?? This play shows the impact one lone person can have in deliberations re: guilt or innocence. Wish I could see your performance. Yes, he was! I had actually never seen it before I joined the play. I won't be playing his role; I'll be Juror 5, the youngest character. Quote "Always forgive your enemies; nothing annoys them so much." - Oscar Wilde�Do to others whatever you would like them to do to you. This is the essence of all that is taught in the law and the prophets." - Jesus
Moderators Jeannieb43 Posted March 13, 2012 Moderators Posted March 13, 2012 Are they putting any photos of the performance up on the Andrews website? I hope so. Let us all know how it goes. [How many performances will you have?] Quote Jeannie<br /><br /><br />...Change is inevitable; growth is optional....
SivartM Posted March 13, 2012 Posted March 13, 2012 Are they putting any photos of the performance up on the Andrews website? I hope so. Let us all know how it goes. [How many performances will you have?] I don't know; they may, and if not, I will probably be able to get photos from someone. We'll have at least two performances, on Saturday night and Sunday night (the 7th and 8th). Quote "Always forgive your enemies; nothing annoys them so much." - Oscar Wilde�Do to others whatever you would like them to do to you. This is the essence of all that is taught in the law and the prophets." - Jesus
Moderators Jeannieb43 Posted March 13, 2012 Moderators Posted March 13, 2012 Oh good! I'm looking forward to seeing some pictures of that play. Thanks for telling us about it. Quote Jeannie<br /><br /><br />...Change is inevitable; growth is optional....
Moderators Kevin H Posted March 13, 2012 Moderators Posted March 13, 2012 Oh wow!!! Woody, or anyone, could you find out some information for me? Is this based on Francisco DeAraujo's Jerusalem Passion Play? or is this by someone else (just wondering since DeAraujo did an excellent job and maybe some editing but no need to re-invent the wheel) I wish I could be there. Seeing the photos bring back such memories of my first job after college and my overall favorite job, as an actor in Francisco's production in Israel. I still cry over the job closing (due to the drop in tourism for the Lebanon war), and also I put on a Christmas play then Easter Play for the Brooklyn NY Seventh-day Adventist Church. Also SivartM, best wishes with your production. I was in a few plays while at Andrews, mostly for church, but the big production was as Jimmy the anarchist in the Education of Hyman Kaplan. Quote
Recommended Posts
Join the conversation
You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.