Jump to content
ClubAdventist

Sharing your Religious Views


Recommended Posts

Posted

.

post-2281-140967453051_thumb.jpg

May we be one so that the world may be won.
Christian from the cradle to the grave
I believe in Hematology.
 

Posted

People who ask you about the church you go to - often want you to ask them about their church. This can be an open door to discuss religious topics that interest them - rather than guessing about the points of interest.

Sheepishly responding that you are SDA and dismissing the following question about what SDAs believe - as something about the Sabbath and vegetarian - could be traded in for asking them what they go to and what they believe, after mentioning our focus on prophecy and the signs of the times.

in Christ,

Bob

John 8:32 - The Truth will make you free

“The righteousness of Christ will not cover one cherished sin." COL 316.

  • Administrators
Posted

Tact comes in real handy here...

I usually try to feel out where they are at and try to find something that we can praise the Lord together about as a start.

Isaiah 32:17 And the work of righteousness shall be peace; and the effect of righteousness quietness and assurance for ever.

  • Administrators
Posted

Woody, that was cute and sometimes true.

I find that people who I don't know well will say "pray for me" or I'll pray for you; something along those lines. It opens the door for a common belief ... prayer.

If they ask what church I belong to I tell them Adventist (most around here already know) and I ask where they go. Getting into deep theory just doesn't seem to come up on the first visit. Just God's love and protection and things that we all agree upon.

If they ask what is an Adventist? I will usually answer, a Bible believing Christian. What about you?

If your dreams are not big enough to scare you, they are not big enough for God

Posted

That cartoon reminds me of the lady that came to my door on Saturday with some little kid in tow. She did not want to hear my views so our conversation ended pretty quickly.

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

If you find some value to this community, please help out with a few dollars per month.



×
×
  • Create New...