Woody Posted April 4, 2012 Posted April 4, 2012 I have a couple questions it there is. I went door to door about 4-6 hours per day for one year. Don't do it now. Quote May we be one so that the world may be won. Christian from the cradle to the grave I believe in Hematology.
M. T. Cross Posted April 4, 2012 Author Posted April 4, 2012 Was that as a sales person or an Adventist Woody? Quote
Woody Posted April 4, 2012 Posted April 4, 2012 As an Adventist - going witnessing door to door. Quote May we be one so that the world may be won. Christian from the cradle to the grave I believe in Hematology.
Woody Posted April 4, 2012 Posted April 4, 2012 (Woody hanging his head in shame) Quote May we be one so that the world may be won. Christian from the cradle to the grave I believe in Hematology.
Woody Posted April 4, 2012 Posted April 4, 2012 But I did develop a number of Bible Studies from it and one actually started attending church regularly. Quote May we be one so that the world may be won. Christian from the cradle to the grave I believe in Hematology.
Administrators Naomi Posted April 4, 2012 Administrators Posted April 4, 2012 It's been a lot of years, but as a sales person I have went door-to-door a few different times in life. Probably a total of 5 years ... good times, good memories Even as a Real Estate Agent I went door-to-door to get listings. I have met some very nice people going door-to-door, some who are still friends. Always got a kick out of those who got so bent that they slammed the door in my face. Got escorted out of town by the Police in a rural area when I was selling advertising ... Green River Law. Why do you ask? Quote If your dreams are not big enough to scare you, they are not big enough for God
M. T. Cross Posted April 4, 2012 Author Posted April 4, 2012 No need to hang your head But I do have some questions inspired by a recent JW visit. The lady and the little kid that they always seem to have with them came to my door. She started into her spiel and I very politely told her I have my own beliefs and I was not interested. She assured me I was. I assured her I was not. Then she did something I found really rude (moreso than assuring me that I was interested in what she had to say). She then very matter of factly informed me that I do at least believe in Jesus. Not a question, but a statement. I was very taken back by her approach. Is this an approach you would have used? If you came to my door and I said I was not interested and had my own beliefs would you push the issue? Quote
Administrators Naomi Posted April 4, 2012 Administrators Posted April 4, 2012 Quote: Is this an approach you would have used? If you came to my door and I said I was not interested and had my own beliefs would you push the issue? I'll let Woody answer for himself, but just can't resist. NO I would not ... if a person told me they weren't interested I would always say (no matter what I was "selling") I can appreciate that, do you have a special reason? Always tried to leave a friend even if it was just a quick Hello-goodbye. I hate it, and put up an immediate wall, when I am approached in the manner in which she used. Quote If your dreams are not big enough to scare you, they are not big enough for God
M. T. Cross Posted April 4, 2012 Author Posted April 4, 2012 I used to keep a copy of the Havamal from the Nordic Eddas around. I would tell the JW's I would take their books if they would take mine. I only printed one copy and still have it somewhere. Quote
Woody Posted April 4, 2012 Posted April 4, 2012 I am watching the Lakers - Nets game. Will respond after the game. :) Quote May we be one so that the world may be won. Christian from the cradle to the grave I believe in Hematology.
M. T. Cross Posted April 4, 2012 Author Posted April 4, 2012 Is all good Woody. If I end up going to bed - I usually read the forum with my morning coffee. Quote
Woody Posted April 4, 2012 Posted April 4, 2012 I used the survey approach EC. By taking this survey I found out if there was an interest in spiritual things and in particular - the study of the Bible. If the survey indicated there was no interest - I simply thanked them for their participation and left in a friendly manner. Quote May we be one so that the world may be won. Christian from the cradle to the grave I believe in Hematology.
Woody Posted April 4, 2012 Posted April 4, 2012 How was your coffee EmptyCross. Quote May we be one so that the world may be won. Christian from the cradle to the grave I believe in Hematology.
Members phkrause Posted April 4, 2012 Members Posted April 4, 2012 I used to keep a copy of the Havamal from the Nordic Eddas around. I would tell the JW's I would take their books if they would take mine. I only printed one copy and still have it somewhere. That's an excellent approach EC. Wish I'd thought of that myself. We have many JWs around here that come every few weeks. They leave there papers, I accept and than say thank you very much and than place the paper into the recycle bin. As an Adventist I think we just go out an give piece's of literture wish invites them, if they read it, to ask for Bible studies if there interested. I myself have never done that, have always been to shy for that. For me I try to witness by living as an example to anyone that I come in contact with> It doesn't always come out the way you'd like. also used to donate to all the organizations that spread the gospel throughout the world. But now that I've retired and don't make 1/4 of the income I used to, I only give occasionally. So I figured that in retirement I'd sign up with the red cross, etc., but than a situation came up where we are now raising my grandson, so haven't had the chance to do that either. Quote phkrause When the righteous are in authority, the people rejoice; But when a wicked man rules, the people groan. Proverbs 29;2
Woody Posted April 6, 2012 Posted April 6, 2012 So EC - since you brought up this discussion - what do you think about going door to door? Do you feel it's okay for Christians to do? Or does it offend you? Quote May we be one so that the world may be won. Christian from the cradle to the grave I believe in Hematology.
M. T. Cross Posted April 6, 2012 Author Posted April 6, 2012 If they are respectful and just accept that there are people that don't want to hear it. I personally don't get it but each to their own. I do find it offensive when people bring little kids along with them though. It just reeks of brainwashing to me. I hated going ingathering when I was a kid, I hated how on halloween we got sent out to go door to door to collect canned goods for the needy and had to see all the other kids having fun. Quote
olger Posted April 7, 2012 Posted April 7, 2012 Annually we do - at GYC! Quote "Please don't feed the drama queens.."
Recommended Posts
Join the conversation
You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.