Woody Posted April 4, 2012 Posted April 4, 2012 It's been years since I personally have done my own taxes. And I am trying to figure out this mess of paper work. My question is: What is the difference between a 1040 Form and a 1040A Form? Any help would be appreciated. I don't have much more time. Deadline approaching. Quote May we be one so that the world may be won. Christian from the cradle to the grave I believe in Hematology.
Members phkrause Posted April 4, 2012 Members Posted April 4, 2012 It's been years since I personally have done my own taxes. And I am trying to figure out this mess of paper work. My question is: What is the difference between a 1040 Form and a 1040A Form? Any help would be appreciated. I don't have much more time. Deadline approaching. I have always done my own Woody, but I use Turbo Tax! So am not sure what the 1040A form is? It might be the 1040 easy form? So sorry for not being of any help. Quote phkrause When the righteous are in authority, the people rejoice; But when a wicked man rules, the people groan. Proverbs 29;2
Administrators Naomi Posted April 4, 2012 Administrators Posted April 4, 2012 1040A is the "short" form Quote If your dreams are not big enough to scare you, they are not big enough for God
Members phkrause Posted April 4, 2012 Members Posted April 4, 2012 1040A is the "short" form That's the form that is considered the ez form? Quote phkrause When the righteous are in authority, the people rejoice; But when a wicked man rules, the people groan. Proverbs 29;2
Woody Posted April 4, 2012 Author Posted April 4, 2012 I have both a 1040A form and a 1040 EZ form. They are different. Quote May we be one so that the world may be won. Christian from the cradle to the grave I believe in Hematology.
Members phkrause Posted April 4, 2012 Members Posted April 4, 2012 I guess I have no clue then! :( Quote phkrause When the righteous are in authority, the people rejoice; But when a wicked man rules, the people groan. Proverbs 29;2
Administrators Naomi Posted April 4, 2012 Administrators Posted April 4, 2012 There should be instructions in the book with your forms. Or, go to the IRS web site Quote If your dreams are not big enough to scare you, they are not big enough for God
Woody Posted April 4, 2012 Author Posted April 4, 2012 There should be instructions in the book with your forms. Or, go to the IRS web site You're asking me to learn from instructions from the government? For real? All this paperwork is total non-sense. This is getting out of hand. We do need something different. I am pulling my hair out. Where is Herman Cain when you need him? Quote May we be one so that the world may be won. Christian from the cradle to the grave I believe in Hematology.
Members phkrause Posted April 4, 2012 Members Posted April 4, 2012 Again Woody, you could use Turbo Tax. The online version lets you file the federal free. Its the easier thing in the world, it goes through everything. It takes you step by step. Quote phkrause When the righteous are in authority, the people rejoice; But when a wicked man rules, the people groan. Proverbs 29;2
Woody Posted April 4, 2012 Author Posted April 4, 2012 Thanks Pk. But for some reason - I am SO old fashioned - that I have the Turbo Tax fear. For some reason I fear it and don't trust it. Okay - I know that is silly. But for some reason - that's me. Quote May we be one so that the world may be won. Christian from the cradle to the grave I believe in Hematology.
Moderators Gerr Posted April 5, 2012 Moderators Posted April 5, 2012 I just got through with my federal and state tax filing and sent it electronically today using TurboTax. Woody, it makes it easier for you. I have used it years ago, but then because of my corporation, it got too complicated and had to use a CPA. Now I don't have that to contend with anymore, so I decided to do it myself this year and save myself $695 (that's what it cost me last year). Quote
cricket Posted April 5, 2012 Posted April 5, 2012 Woody, one of the major differences in a 1040A and the standard 1040 is that the 1040A does not allow for you to itemize your deductions. If you have a mortgage, have been a faithful tithe payer, have other charitable contributions, personal property tax, and/or medical expenses that are 7.5% above your income you may want to itemize your deductions instead of taking the standard deduction. Quote
Woody Posted April 5, 2012 Author Posted April 5, 2012 Thanks. That's a big help and explains the answer to my question. Thank you Cricket. Quote May we be one so that the world may be won. Christian from the cradle to the grave I believe in Hematology.
cricket Posted April 5, 2012 Posted April 5, 2012 You're welcome. If you have any other questions, I'll try and help! Quote
Aliensanctuary Posted April 5, 2012 Posted April 5, 2012 H&R Block charged me $267 last year. This year I did taxes at H&R Block online and saved $200. My wife had business income so we had to use 1040. Quote The Parable of the Lamb and the Pigpen https://www.createspace.com/3401451
Recommended Posts
Join the conversation
You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.