Stan Posted April 15, 2012 Posted April 15, 2012 Never viewed a sign like this before. Quote If you receive benefit to being here please help out with expenses. https://www.paypal.me/clubadventist Administrator of a few websites like https://adventistdating.com
Administrators Gail Posted April 15, 2012 Administrators Posted April 15, 2012 Our land needs more law-abiding citizens like this... Quote Isaiah 32:17 And the work of righteousness shall be peace; and the effect of righteousness quietness and assurance for ever.
Members phkrause Posted April 15, 2012 Members Posted April 15, 2012 Quote phkrause When the righteous are in authority, the people rejoice; But when a wicked man rules, the people groan. Proverbs 29;2
Administrators Tom Wetmore Posted April 15, 2012 Administrators Posted April 15, 2012 I have a similar reaction to "low shoulder" I think of slouching or "soft shoulder" I expect to see a grandmotherly type worthy of leaning on... And then there is my reaction to "slow children playing"... Quote "Absurdity reigns and confusion makes it look good." "Sinless perfection is such a shallow goal." "I love God only as much as the person I love the least." *Forgiveness is always good news. And that is the gospel truth. (And finally, the ideas expressed above are solely my person views and not that of any organization with which I am associated.)
Administrators Naomi Posted April 15, 2012 Administrators Posted April 15, 2012 It appears many of us have simular thoughts about these signs. Recently a person asked me if "Slow Children Playing" is politically correct Quote If your dreams are not big enough to scare you, they are not big enough for God
Woody Posted April 15, 2012 Posted April 15, 2012 It appears many of us have simular thoughts about these signs. Recently a person asked me if "Slow Children Playing" is politically correct I have no doubt they will be sued for that kind of sign. lol Quote May we be one so that the world may be won. Christian from the cradle to the grave I believe in Hematology.
Administrators Tom Wetmore Posted April 15, 2012 Administrators Posted April 15, 2012 Now the one that is often correct in at least two ways you could take it is "Slow Men Working". Quote "Absurdity reigns and confusion makes it look good." "Sinless perfection is such a shallow goal." "I love God only as much as the person I love the least." *Forgiveness is always good news. And that is the gospel truth. (And finally, the ideas expressed above are solely my person views and not that of any organization with which I am associated.)
Administrators Naomi Posted April 15, 2012 Administrators Posted April 15, 2012 Quote If your dreams are not big enough to scare you, they are not big enough for God
M. T. Cross Posted April 15, 2012 Posted April 15, 2012 Now the one that is often correct in at least two ways you could take it is "Slow Men Working". Tom its the weight of the salaries that city and road workers make that slows them down so much. Its so bad that they often need at least 2 guys to operate one shovel. I think we should all take a moment and appreciate those poor men and the difficult task they have of figuring out how to spend all that money for doing so little. Quote
OzarkWoman Posted April 17, 2012 Posted April 17, 2012 OK, this is something that happened when I was young, before I got married. I was still in college at the time. I was driving and my car was full of friends and we were all stoned and drunk. Yeah, I know...but it was way back in time. Anyway, I was driving down this one old road and came up on a sign that read, "Do Not Pass". I pulled the car over onto the shoulder and we sat there listening to the radio and being the idiot college kids that we were, when a cop came upon us and stopped and asked us what the problem was. I told him nothing, that we were just following the law and since the sign said to not pass, we didn't. Quote
Members phkrause Posted April 17, 2012 Members Posted April 17, 2012 OK, this is something that happened when I was young, before I got married. I was still in college at the time. I was driving and my car was full of friends and we were all stoned and drunk. Yeah, I know...but it was way back in time. Anyway, I was driving down this one old road and came up on a sign that read, "Do Not Pass". I pulled the car over onto the shoulder and we sat there listening to the radio and being the idiot college kids that we were, when a cop came upon us and stopped and asked us what the problem was. I told him nothing, that we were just following the law and since the sign said to not pass, we didn't. Quote phkrause When the righteous are in authority, the people rejoice; But when a wicked man rules, the people groan. Proverbs 29;2
Recommended Posts
Join the conversation
You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.