Stan Posted June 2, 2012 Posted June 2, 2012 "> " type="application/x-shockwave-flash" wmode="transparent" width="425" height="350"> Quote If you receive benefit to being here please help out with expenses. https://www.paypal.me/clubadventist Administrator of a few websites like https://adventistdating.com
Woody Posted June 3, 2012 Posted June 3, 2012 Excellent speaker. I invited him to come to our church to speak some years back. He certainly makes the 'excellent speaker' list. Quote May we be one so that the world may be won. Christian from the cradle to the grave I believe in Hematology.
Windsor Posted June 4, 2012 Posted June 4, 2012 Excellent speaker. I invited him to come to our church to speak some years back. He certainly makes the 'excellent speaker' list. I am going to guess he turned you down as his commencement speaking fee is approximately that of the average US salary though perhaps there is a discount for speaking in churches. Quote Remember Adventists Online?
Woody Posted June 4, 2012 Posted June 4, 2012 Nope. No discount. One main issue was that he required that we fly his entire family with him. Yeah - it turned out to be way to much expense for us to accomplish. You sound like the voice of experience. Quote May we be one so that the world may be won. Christian from the cradle to the grave I believe in Hematology.
Administrators Tom Wetmore Posted June 4, 2012 Administrators Posted June 4, 2012 Believe it or not, Dr. Carson has asked me to sub for him a number of times. And everyone survived! OK, it wasn't brain surgery... We were two of the team of teachers in our Sabbath School class for years! I always enjoyed class when he taught. But since he travels for speaking appointments quite a bit I filled in for him every so often. Quote "Absurdity reigns and confusion makes it look good." "Sinless perfection is such a shallow goal." "I love God only as much as the person I love the least." *Forgiveness is always good news. And that is the gospel truth. (And finally, the ideas expressed above are solely my person views and not that of any organization with which I am associated.)
Woody Posted June 4, 2012 Posted June 4, 2012 Quote: OK, it wasn't brain surgery... (a big sigh of relief) Quote May we be one so that the world may be won. Christian from the cradle to the grave I believe in Hematology.
Recommended Posts
Join the conversation
You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.