Woody Posted July 1, 2012 Posted July 1, 2012 "Cultivate the habit of speaking well of others. Dwell upon the good qualities of those with whom you associate, and see as little as possible of their errors and failings. When tempted to complain of what someone has said or done, praise something in that person's life or character. Cultivate thankfulness. Praise God for His wonderful love in giving Christ to die for us. It never pays to think of our grievances. God calls upon us to think of His mercy and His matchless love, that we may be inspired with praise." {MH 492.1} Quote May we be one so that the world may be won. Christian from the cradle to the grave I believe in Hematology.
olger Posted July 1, 2012 Posted July 1, 2012 Reckon I like that g Quote "Please don't feed the drama queens.."
Woody Posted July 1, 2012 Author Posted July 1, 2012 I reckon we have agreed then for the first time. Wow. Quote May we be one so that the world may be won. Christian from the cradle to the grave I believe in Hematology.
olger Posted July 2, 2012 Posted July 2, 2012 Nonsense. Both unimpressed with hopey changey thingy. Quote "Please don't feed the drama queens.."
Dottie Posted July 2, 2012 Posted July 2, 2012 Wow! Did that hit home! There is someone in my life who does their absolute best to get me annoyed, riled up, angry, crying, frustrated, and most any other negative emotion of which one can conceive, and does it daily and continually. I think I'm going to hang that on my mirror in large type! Quote
thx4mercy Posted July 2, 2012 Posted July 2, 2012 I think I'm going to hang that on my mirror in large type! That thought entered my mind also. Great EGW words! Quote
Woody Posted July 2, 2012 Author Posted July 2, 2012 Another thought: "Among some species of animals, if one of their number is wounded and falls, he is at once set upon and torn in pieces by his fellows. "The same cruel spirit is indulged by men and women who bear the name of Christians. They manifest a pharisaical zeal to stone others less guilty than themselves. There are some who point to others' faults and failures to divert attention from their own, or to gain credit for great zeal for God and the church." (5T 59) Quote May we be one so that the world may be won. Christian from the cradle to the grave I believe in Hematology.
Woody Posted July 2, 2012 Author Posted July 2, 2012 Criticism Invites Criticism--The work of judging his brother has not been placed upon any man. "Judge not," the Saviour says, "that ye be not judged; for with what judgment ye judge, ye shall be judged: and with what measure ye mete, it shall be measured to you again." He who takes upon himself the work of judging and criticizing others, lays himself open to the same degree of judgment and criticism. Those who are ready to condemn their brethren, would do well to examine their own works and character. Such an examination, honestly made, will reveal the fact that they, too, have defects of character, and have made grave blunders in their work. If the great Judge should deal with men as they deal with their fellow workers, they would regard him as unkind and unmerciful. {ChL 59.2} Quote May we be one so that the world may be won. Christian from the cradle to the grave I believe in Hematology.
Woody Posted July 2, 2012 Author Posted July 2, 2012 The love that suffers long and is kind will not magnify an indiscretion into an unpardonable offense, neither will it make capital of others' misdoings. The Scriptures plainly teach that the erring are to be treated with forbearance and consideration. If the right course is followed, the apparently obdurate heart may be won to Christ." CT 267 Quote May we be one so that the world may be won. Christian from the cradle to the grave I believe in Hematology.
Woody Posted July 2, 2012 Author Posted July 2, 2012 "I beseech you to bring yourselves under God's control. When tempted to speak provokingly, refrain from saying anything. You will be tempted on this point, because you have never overcome this objectionable trait of character. But every wrong habit must be overcome. Make a complete surrender to God. Fall on the Rock, Christ Jesus, and be broken. As husband and wife, discipline yourselves. Go to Christ for help. He will willingly supply you with His divine sympathy, His free grace." Ellen White DG 187 Quote May we be one so that the world may be won. Christian from the cradle to the grave I believe in Hematology.
Planey Posted July 2, 2012 Posted July 2, 2012 I occasionally venture timidly into the snake pit here (aka the US Politics forum). It appears that everyone there takes the OP deeply to heart, unless they are talking about the president... Graeme Quote Graeme____________________________________________________________________________________________________________
Members phkrause Posted July 2, 2012 Members Posted July 2, 2012 I occasionally venture timidly into the snake pit here (aka the US Politics forum). It appears that everyone there takes the OP deeply to heart, unless they are talking about the president... Graeme Amen Planey Quote phkrause When the righteous are in authority, the people rejoice; But when a wicked man rules, the people groan. Proverbs 29;2
Woody Posted July 2, 2012 Author Posted July 2, 2012 I occasionally venture timidly into the snake pit here (aka the US Politics forum). It appears that everyone there takes the OP deeply to heart, unless they are talking about the president... Graeme This brings up a good issue Graeme - is disagreeing with someone's beliefs - speaking ill with them personally? Quote May we be one so that the world may be won. Christian from the cradle to the grave I believe in Hematology.
Woody Posted July 2, 2012 Author Posted July 2, 2012 "While many are neglecting their own souls, they eagerly watch for an opportunity to criticize and condemn others. All have defects of character, and it is not hard to find something that jealousy can interpret to their injury." "Now," say these self-constituted judges, "we have facts. We will fasten upon them an accusation from which they can not clear themselves." 5T95 Quote May we be one so that the world may be won. Christian from the cradle to the grave I believe in Hematology.
Overaged Posted July 3, 2012 Posted July 3, 2012 You left out a sentence in this paragraph... Quote "People [rarely] see...the bright light which is in the clouds..." (Job 37:21)"I cannot know why suddenly the stormshould rage so fiercely round me in it's wrathBut this I know: God watches all my pathAnd I can trust""God helps us to draw strength from the storm" - OveragedFaith makes things possible; it does not make them easy, Steps To Christ
Recommended Posts
Join the conversation
You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.