Stan Posted July 13, 2012 Posted July 13, 2012 http://womenshistory.about.com/od/sojournertruth/a/sojourner_truth_bio.htm Quote If you receive benefit to being here please help out with expenses. https://www.paypal.me/clubadventist Administrator of a few websites like https://adventistdating.com
Woody Posted July 13, 2012 Posted July 13, 2012 Great person. I have a book on her.But mine was written by Whalin. There is a cool looking tribute to her in downtown Battle Creek. A must for anyone traveling in the area. Quote May we be one so that the world may be won. Christian from the cradle to the grave I believe in Hematology.
Woody Posted July 13, 2012 Posted July 13, 2012 Sojourner Truth: Quote: "If the first woman God ever made was strong enough to turn the world upside down all alone, these women together ought to be able to turn it back, and get it right side up again! And now they is asking to do it, the men better let them." Quote: "Where did your Christ come from? From God and a woman! Man had nothing to do with Him." Quote: Religion without humanity is poor human stuff. Quote May we be one so that the world may be won. Christian from the cradle to the grave I believe in Hematology.
Moderators Gerr Posted July 13, 2012 Moderators Posted July 13, 2012 Preaching 'rightneisus'? What is it, a new doctrine? Quote
Stan Posted July 13, 2012 Author Posted July 13, 2012 :) it seems like some typos do not show up for 24 hours Thanks for letting me know. Quote If you receive benefit to being here please help out with expenses. https://www.paypal.me/clubadventist Administrator of a few websites like https://adventistdating.com
Administrators Gail Posted July 13, 2012 Administrators Posted July 13, 2012 I remember reading a bio of her in our homeschooling days. Quote Isaiah 32:17 And the work of righteousness shall be peace; and the effect of righteousness quietness and assurance for ever.
Members phkrause Posted July 13, 2012 Members Posted July 13, 2012 http://womenshistory.about.com/od/sojournertruth/a/sojourner_truth_bio.htm Excellent article Quote phkrause When the righteous are in authority, the people rejoice; But when a wicked man rules, the people groan. Proverbs 29;2
Moderators lazarus Posted July 13, 2012 Moderators Posted July 13, 2012 Certainly a powerful Christian woman. I wonder how she would be received today and what issues would she be passionate about besides the obvious. Quote Great spirits have always found violent opposition from mediocrities. The latter cannot understand it when a man does not thoughtlessly submit to hereditary prejudices but honestly and courageously uses his intelligence. Einstein
Woody Posted July 14, 2012 Posted July 14, 2012 Certainly a powerful Christian woman. I wonder how she would be received today and what issues would she be passionate about besides the obvious. Yes indeed. I do too. Quote May we be one so that the world may be won. Christian from the cradle to the grave I believe in Hematology.
Recommended Posts
Join the conversation
You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.