Jump to content
ClubAdventist

Recommended Posts

Posted

If I may ask a question?

Why does a Garage Door Opener need to be connected to the internet?

I was thinking of buying a simple cheap garage door opener. But it seems that they have become far more technologically advanced since I last bought one.

Seems that if you want to repair one these days - you have to call the Geek Squad.

May we be one so that the world may be won.
Christian from the cradle to the grave
I believe in Hematology.
 

  • Moderators
Posted

I haven't been able to program the garage door opener on the rear view mirror of my new car, now 2,000 miles old, because it involves climbing a 10-ft ladder, pushing a little button on the opener, climbing down the ladder, and pushing a button on the mirror - all within 30 seconds. My life is in danger just thinking about it. Of course, I could ask one of my friends to help, but I somehow never think of it when one of them are here.

LD

LD

  • Moderators
Posted

Sorry, I didn't answer your question. I didn't know they were connected to the internet.

LD

LD

Posted

I haven't been able to program the garage door opener on the rear view mirror of my new car, now 2,000 miles old, because it involves climbing a 10-ft ladder, pushing a little button on the opener, climbing down the ladder, and pushing a button on the mirror - all within 30 seconds. My life is in danger just thinking about it. Of course, I could ask one of my friends to help, but I somehow never think of it when one of them are here.

LD

LOL You just may have figured out why the new ones are connected to the internet.

May we be one so that the world may be won.
Christian from the cradle to the grave
I believe in Hematology.
 

Posted

Bingo! :)

Now - all we have to do is hire a computer geek.

May we be one so that the world may be won.
Christian from the cradle to the grave
I believe in Hematology.
 

  • Administrators
Posted

The internet connection enables you to use an app for your smart phone to close or open the garage door from anywhere. For me that could be a help since I so automatically close the door when I leave the garage that it never sinks into my memory enough to remember even a few minutes down the road. I am constantly second guessing myself wondering if I did in fact close the door. Not infrequently I circle back and double check. With that little app I could just check using my phone. You could also open the garage door for someone else or even when you are not in the car. Of course, I would also need to get a smart phone...

"Absurdity reigns and confusion makes it look good."

"Sinless perfection is such a shallow goal."

"I love God only as much as the person I love the least."

*Forgiveness is always good news. And that is the gospel truth.

(And finally, the ideas expressed above are solely my person views and not that of any organization with which I am associated.)

  • Administrators
Posted

I thought you were going to show me a picture of somebody's kid...

Isaiah 32:17 And the work of righteousness shall be peace; and the effect of righteousness quietness and assurance for ever.

Posted

Thanks Tom. That is something I did not know. And it helps explain to me why I don't need it. LOL

(I have enough trouble with my lap top. I don't need the confusion of an internet door opener.

May we be one so that the world may be won.
Christian from the cradle to the grave
I believe in Hematology.
 

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

If you find some value to this community, please help out with a few dollars per month.



×
×
  • Create New...