Jump to content
ClubAdventist

Recommended Posts

Posted

At the ballgame tonight a little boy was hit in the head with a ball traveling at about 100 miles per hour. The crowds jumped up in the excitement and watched as the boy's father took him to emergency services. Then, the crowds turned around to watch the batter make an incredible hit and they began cheering.

My stomach just turned. My son and I stopped to pray for the little boy before doing anything else.

Out of curiosity, does anyone else stop to pray in situations like these? I get so aggravated with the crowds of people in general who seem to show no compassion.

Posted

Always.... Who else can possibly assist in any situation than Jesus and the angels?

Clio

A heart where He alone has first place.

Posted

That does seem rather calloused, the crowd just going on with the game as if nothing had happened. Do you think they should have ended the game there, or postponed it or something? Just wondering, how something like that could or should be handled better.

Obviously they cannot halt and call for prayer in the stadium there -- they'd have people up in arms over that ...

... but it is good that you stopped and prayed, Chrys. I sometimes pray when I see an accident on the road or something, just offer up a quick word that God will be with the people involved, provide them with good care, heal their injuries, etc. Don't know how much good it does, but ...

"After such knowledge, what forgiveness?" -- T.S. Eliot
Posted

I think they could have called a time out or something. You know, like they do when a player gets injured. Everyone stops to watch and wait (and those who pray, pray). Then, when he or she gets up, the people applause.

An acknowledgement, I guess, and respect for the little boy would be a good thing. (It would be nice if they gave him a "game ball" too.)

Posted

I would be praying for the person hurt, whether it is one of the players or someone in the crowd.

As long as I know that the person hurt is being treated, I have no problem with the game continuing. It would be nice though if they would make an announcement to the crowd on the condition of the injured party.

Denise Farquhar

"If you're all God has, is God in trouble?

-- Dr. Frederick K.C. Price

Posted

Hmmmm yes. Especially a child. Seems to me a bit of respect and compassion for the injured is as appropriate when the injured is in the stands OR on the field.

We so rarely watch professional sports... I guess I had forgotten how callous the whole system can be.

Did you ever hear Chrys the outcome for the child?

clio

A heart where He alone has first place.

Posted

Nope. No one ever said a word about it. As far as I could tell, he never returned to the game.

It is nice to know that "out there" somewhere there are others like me who will stop to pray at times like these. It is comforting.

Posted

That's really too bad... but I wonder if the officials or the park thought anyone would care or be concerned? Another very sad comment on times like these.

clio

A heart where He alone has first place.

Posted

Albert Pujols Makes a Visit

I was relaying this story tonight to my mother-in-law. She said she saw this article in the paper.

Good news to my ears! I'm so glad Pujols went to see this little boy. It renews my faith in the Cardinals; it renews my faith in humans!

  • Moderators
Posted

</font><blockquote><font class="small">Quote:</font><hr />

Out of curiosity, does anyone else stop to pray in situations like these?

<hr /></blockquote><font class="post">

I've never been in a situation like that. But I have witnessed horrific auto accidents, seen down-and-out folks, met hurting people - and in these situations I pray. It's not so much a stopping to pray, but a praying along the way.

I visualize my prayer connection to God as a long, bright tube through which my prayers ascend and His love descends. He always keeps His end open, and it is my goal to keep mine open also - so that when I pray, I don't stop to pray, I'm just continuing to pray.

LD

LD

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

If you find some value to this community, please help out with a few dollars per month.



×
×
  • Create New...