M. T. Cross Posted October 15, 2012 Posted October 15, 2012 As some of you know, the last year has been a bit rough. Last Sept. my house went into foreclosure and when it was all finalized in March I was given under a month to get out with my family. Well rentals in this little town are few and far between and we ended up having to take a little two bedroom apartment for the 6 of us. We have done our best to make it a home, but as you can imagine its a tiny little bit on the crowded side. Well this month we get a bunch of back pay from the government and we decided if a house that was affordable came up for rent we would think about moving. So Friday my wife was looking in the paper and there was a 5 bedroom house for rent. The rent was only a couple hundred more than what we are paying for this little place so she called. Turns out that the landlord was a friend of my dads from the local church here, and a guy I used to work for years back. So we drove to the address he gave us and lo and behold its a house I have wanted to live in since I was about 12. The parents of a friend of mine used to own it and I am fairly familiar with it. But it is a very old house. So we called him back again today and set up a time to go look at it. Well let me tell you. It has been pretty much totally overhauled but still retains that old house feel (which we both love). It is two stories with a full basement and is really just a huge house. Even in our last place the kids had to share rooms and finally we have a place where everyone can have their own space. The yard is massive, with a nice fenced in area for the little kids to play in. It has apple and pear trees, a garden area and a nice path leading down to the river that runs right behind it. Pretty much a dream come true. At a price that will not destroy us as well. Quote
Woody Posted October 15, 2012 Posted October 15, 2012 Quote May we be one so that the world may be won. Christian from the cradle to the grave I believe in Hematology.
Moderators Bravus Posted October 15, 2012 Moderators Posted October 15, 2012 Most excellent! Quote Truth is important
Administrators Naomi Posted October 15, 2012 Administrators Posted October 15, 2012 WOW So very happy for you-all! Quote If your dreams are not big enough to scare you, they are not big enough for God
Moderators lazarus Posted October 15, 2012 Moderators Posted October 15, 2012 Fantastic. I'm glad things are working out. Quote Great spirits have always found violent opposition from mediocrities. The latter cannot understand it when a man does not thoughtlessly submit to hereditary prejudices but honestly and courageously uses his intelligence. Einstein
LifeHiscost Posted October 15, 2012 Posted October 15, 2012 "Every good thing given and every perfect gift is from above, coming down from the Father of lights, with whom there is no variation or shifting shadow."James 1:17 NASB God blesses! Quote Lift Jesus up!!
Administrators Gail Posted October 15, 2012 Administrators Posted October 15, 2012 This is wonderful news, indeed! You have been blessed! Praise the Lord- I love happy endings! Quote Isaiah 32:17 And the work of righteousness shall be peace; and the effect of righteousness quietness and assurance for ever.
Administrators Tom Wetmore Posted October 15, 2012 Administrators Posted October 15, 2012 That is totally awesome!! Quote "Absurdity reigns and confusion makes it look good." "Sinless perfection is such a shallow goal." "I love God only as much as the person I love the least." *Forgiveness is always good news. And that is the gospel truth. (And finally, the ideas expressed above are solely my person views and not that of any organization with which I am associated.)
Neil D Posted October 15, 2012 Posted October 15, 2012 "All things work together for the good of God's people...." Quote Democracy is a device that ensures we shall be governed no better than we deserve. George Bernard Shaw
Members phkrause Posted October 17, 2012 Members Posted October 17, 2012 EC, Praise the Lord. What a blessing. Quote phkrause When the righteous are in authority, the people rejoice; But when a wicked man rules, the people groan. Proverbs 29;2
Stan Posted October 18, 2012 Posted October 18, 2012 EC Thanks for sharing that. WOW nice house.. I feel blessed that you have been blessed. Quote If you receive benefit to being here please help out with expenses. https://www.paypal.me/clubadventist Administrator of a few websites like https://adventistdating.com
M. T. Cross Posted October 27, 2012 Author Posted October 27, 2012 Well the big move is this weekend. Will be without internet until Nov 5th (hopefully the guy will show up that day). So until then, be good to each other, yourself, enjoy your life and let the Divine shine through you each day. Quote
Stan Posted October 27, 2012 Posted October 27, 2012 let us know how this plays out! How can you be without the net for so long? Are you going to be ok? Quote If you receive benefit to being here please help out with expenses. https://www.paypal.me/clubadventist Administrator of a few websites like https://adventistdating.com
M. T. Cross Posted October 27, 2012 Author Posted October 27, 2012 Everything but the furniture is already there so it should be an easy move. Stan I have 8 maple tree's worth of leaves to rake at the new place. I'm pretty sure that I'm not going to lack things to do until I get the net back Quote
Administrators Gail Posted October 27, 2012 Administrators Posted October 27, 2012 Thanks for the update, EC. I've been thinking about you, wondering how that's been going Quote Isaiah 32:17 And the work of righteousness shall be peace; and the effect of righteousness quietness and assurance for ever.
Members phkrause Posted October 27, 2012 Members Posted October 27, 2012 Well good luck, which I could help you out, but such is life. We live to far apart. :) Quote phkrause When the righteous are in authority, the people rejoice; But when a wicked man rules, the people groan. Proverbs 29;2
Recommended Posts
Join the conversation
You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.