Administrators Gail Posted November 16, 2012 Administrators Posted November 16, 2012 ... For a wonderful tour of the General Conference! I hope to post my pics when I get back home. They are on my phone and I only have a few MB of data for the US. Tom, In real life I don't have a red face (I've got a head cold at the moment). But it was a real pleasure visiting with you! We were just planning to drop in but you graciously showed us around. It was a real treat for me to visit also with Brad and Kandus Thorp. We didn't see Dan Jackson nor Shawn Boonstra, but oh, we'll. I was disappointed to discover that Lazarus is right near by... I knew that he is "out East" but if I had known sooner I would have come to haunt him for a bit. :) Quote Isaiah 32:17 And the work of righteousness shall be peace; and the effect of righteousness quietness and assurance for ever.
Woody Posted November 16, 2012 Posted November 16, 2012 Quote May we be one so that the world may be won. Christian from the cradle to the grave I believe in Hematology.
Moderators lazarus Posted November 16, 2012 Moderators Posted November 16, 2012 I'd planned to go to the GC yesterday to drop something off for somebody but ended up going somewhere else. That would have been fun to meet you Gail randomly at the GC. Glad you had a good time at the Big House. Tom hasn't given me a tour yet. Quote Great spirits have always found violent opposition from mediocrities. The latter cannot understand it when a man does not thoughtlessly submit to hereditary prejudices but honestly and courageously uses his intelligence. Einstein
Stan Posted November 16, 2012 Posted November 16, 2012 Gail, wi-fi is our best friend when we travel to foreign countries like the USA. Quote If you receive benefit to being here please help out with expenses. https://www.paypal.me/clubadventist Administrator of a few websites like https://adventistdating.com
Members phkrause Posted November 16, 2012 Members Posted November 16, 2012 I'd planned to go to the GC yesterday to drop something off for somebody but ended up going somewhere else. That would have been fun to meet you Gail randomly at the GC. Glad you had a good time at the Big House. Tom hasn't given me a tour yet. That's because your not as pretty as Gail is Lazarus. Quote phkrause When the righteous are in authority, the people rejoice; But when a wicked man rules, the people groan. Proverbs 29;2
Administrators Gail Posted November 16, 2012 Author Administrators Posted November 16, 2012 I'm not so easy to look at when I'm sick. Today I woke up with no voice too much shooting the breeze with Tom I would post a photo but that doesn't seem to be easily done with on the iPad Today we went to see the Crime & Punishment museum. That was fun! Quote Isaiah 32:17 And the work of righteousness shall be peace; and the effect of righteousness quietness and assurance for ever.
Members phkrause Posted November 16, 2012 Members Posted November 16, 2012 So I'm guessing your still in the DC area? Go and visit the Holocaust Museum if you get a chance. Quote phkrause When the righteous are in authority, the people rejoice; But when a wicked man rules, the people groan. Proverbs 29;2
Administrators Gail Posted November 16, 2012 Author Administrators Posted November 16, 2012 We were just talking about the Holocaust museum. It does sound good Quote Isaiah 32:17 And the work of righteousness shall be peace; and the effect of righteousness quietness and assurance for ever.
Members phkrause Posted November 16, 2012 Members Posted November 16, 2012 When I first went there a number of years ago and saw all those shoes as you go in, I cried and thought about my father and thanked God for being with him throughout the whole thing. Quote phkrause When the righteous are in authority, the people rejoice; But when a wicked man rules, the people groan. Proverbs 29;2
Administrators Tom Wetmore Posted November 17, 2012 Administrators Posted November 17, 2012 It was great getting to spend time visiting and take Gail and Shelley on a tour of the GC!! And Laz, just let me know when you want the grand tour! Quote "Absurdity reigns and confusion makes it look good." "Sinless perfection is such a shallow goal." "I love God only as much as the person I love the least." *Forgiveness is always good news. And that is the gospel truth. (And finally, the ideas expressed above are solely my person views and not that of any organization with which I am associated.)
Administrators Gail Posted November 17, 2012 Author Administrators Posted November 17, 2012 Tom, Shelley just read your note and wanted me to tell you how much she enjoyed the time you gave us and the tour. It really was a highlight for us. Thanks again :) Quote Isaiah 32:17 And the work of righteousness shall be peace; and the effect of righteousness quietness and assurance for ever.
Moderators lazarus Posted November 20, 2012 Moderators Posted November 20, 2012 And Laz, just let me know when you want the grand tour! I will. Just a few things though..... Can you get me access to the secret, never to be published, EGW document vault? The Jesuit initiation room? The "time of trouble" food stash? And, finally, the Presidential bunker? Quote Great spirits have always found violent opposition from mediocrities. The latter cannot understand it when a man does not thoughtlessly submit to hereditary prejudices but honestly and courageously uses his intelligence. Einstein
Administrators Tom Wetmore Posted November 20, 2012 Administrators Posted November 20, 2012 LOL Quote "Absurdity reigns and confusion makes it look good." "Sinless perfection is such a shallow goal." "I love God only as much as the person I love the least." *Forgiveness is always good news. And that is the gospel truth. (And finally, the ideas expressed above are solely my person views and not that of any organization with which I am associated.)
LifeHiscost Posted November 22, 2012 Posted November 22, 2012 Quote: When I first went there a number of years ago and saw all those shoes as you go in, I cried and thought about my father and thanked God for being with him throughout the whole thing. PK, I watch the GLC channel out of Texas quite often, as well as the Amazing Discoveries channel. While Amazing Discoveries seems to have a much broader Biblical scope than GLC, GLC narrows in on things of interest about Jewish outlook that allows, in my estimation, a more in depth understanding of the Jewish frame of mind in today's world. I have a suspicion that GLC's biblical understanding of last day events is somewhat different than SDA's, but along with the Jewish news satellite channel, one can get a much better perspective of how Jewish people think as a whole. Since ..Salvation is of the Jews... and I am a Spiritual Jew according to the Word, it would be of interest to me if you were to start a thread that included some greater detail of what you and your family might have experienced over the years as it relates to your hope for the future end time events, as well as what and how you consider the Jewish people's role is to be re: Jesus soon return. "For you are not a true Jew just because you were born of Jewish parents or because you have gone through the ceremony of circumcision. No, a true Jew is one whose heart is right with God. And true circumcision is not merely obeying the letter of the law; rather, it is a change of heart produced by God’s Spirit. And a person with a changed heart seeks praise from God, not from people." Romans 2:28-29 NLT As a side note, I remember General Dwight D Eisenhower saying, as near as I can remember, during the liberation of the Jews at the end of WWII, "Get as many pictures as you can or some (deleted expletive) will come along in 20 years and swear it never happened." If it is true that those things we forget, we are doomed to repeat in the future, then I would suggest the General was prophetic, judging by many comparatively recent events. God blesses! Quote Lift Jesus up!!
Recommended Posts
Join the conversation
You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.