Jump to content
ClubAdventist

Something to think about


Recommended Posts

Posted

I've been reading Mind, Character and Personality lately, and have come across a number of things that especially impressed me. I felt this passage was very relevant to this forum.

Quote:

Satan Diverts Minds by Controversial Subjects.-- He [the enemy] would be delighted to have minds diverted to any subject by which he might create division of sentiment and lead our people into controversy.--MS 167, 1897. {1MCP 23.1}


Catherine

God is the strength of my heart and my portion forever. Psalm 73:26.

"To be a Christian means to forgive the inexcusable, because God has forgiven the inexcusable in you." -- C. S. Lewis

Posted

Amen to that. I've been thinking lately about the "distraction" factor myself. Diversion, distraction, they are about the same thing.

"After such knowledge, what forgiveness?" -- T.S. Eliot
Posted

Quote:

Christine said:

I've been reading
Mind, Character and Personality
lately, and have come across a number of things that especially impressed me. I felt this passage was very relevant to this forum.

Quote:

Satan Diverts Minds by Controversial Subjects.-- He [the enemy] would be delighted to have minds diverted to any subject by which he might create division of sentiment and lead our people into controversy.--MS 167, 1897. {1MCP 23.1}



An important point to remember when we are together with believers of the full gospel. However some on CA are disgruntled ex-Adventists. Some believe large portions of God's word are meaningless for personal application. Some are of the synagogue of satan. It is a reason I believe this next couple of texts are a guide to spiritual insight needed for onlookers to make informed decisions about whether the remnant, whoever they are perceived to be, are of the same Spirit as their Master.

[:"red"] "Instead, you must worship Christ as Lord of your life. And if you are asked about your Christian hope, always be ready to explain it." [/] 1 Pet 3:15 NLT

[:"red"] "But he answered and said, It is written, Man shall not live by bread alone, but by every word that proceedeth out of the mouth of God." [/] Matthew 4:4 KJV

I will have to admit there are very few asking, but since many are placing posts as if all Adventists believe what they are stating as true, it seems important to at least include the Word to give onlookers opportunity to see what God has to say about the subjects.

[:"red"] "I know about your suffering and your poverty--but you are rich! I know the slander of those opposing you. They say they are Jews, but they really aren't because theirs is a synagogue of Satan." [/] Rev 2:9 NLT

[:"red"] "Dearly loved friends, I had been eagerly planning to write to you about the salvation we all share. But now I find that I must write about something else, urging you to defend the truth of the Good News. God gave this unchanging truth once for all time to his holy people." [/] Jude 1:3 NLT

DOVE.gif

Keep the faith!

Lift Jesus up!!

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

If you find some value to this community, please help out with a few dollars per month.



×
×
  • Create New...