Members phkrause Posted December 4, 2012 Members Posted December 4, 2012 A country preacher decided to skip services one Sunday to spend the day hiking in the wilderness. Rounding a sharp bend in the trail, he collided with a bear and was sent tumbling down a steep grade. He landed on a rock and broke both legs. With the ferocious bear charging at him from a distance, the preacher prayed, "O Lord, I'm so sorry for skipping services today. Please forgive me and grant me just one wish--make a Christian out of that bear that's coming at me!" At that very instant, the bear skidded to a halt, fell to his knees, clasped his paws together, and began to pray aloud at the preacher's feet: "Dear God, please bless this food I am about to receive." Quote phkrause When the righteous are in authority, the people rejoice; But when a wicked man rules, the people groan. Proverbs 29;2
Nic Samojluk Posted December 4, 2012 Posted December 4, 2012 This old story gets better every time it is reprinted! Thanks for posting it. Now let me add a real anecdote: Many decades ago, when taking pictures on Sabbath was being questioned by some Adventists, we decided to use our old camera on a Sabbath afternoon outing. I dropped the camera, and it broke. I concluded that this was a confirmation that it was wrong to engage in such a sinful behavior. Somehow, I did change my mind on this later on. Here is another anecdote. A couple of decades ago we were collecting funds for a church building in Ukraine. We sent some of the funds, and requested a picture of the small congregation. The response we got was that they did not take picture on the holy Sabbath hours. I answered that my our donors wanted some pictorial evidence before committing additional funds for the project. We got the pictures by return mail. Quote
Recommended Posts
Join the conversation
You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.