Woody Posted December 16, 2012 Posted December 16, 2012 Price of Gas. My question is the following: How can the price of gas at one station be nearly $1.50 more than the next one down the road? This week I paid $4.69 a gal. for gas at the closest station to my house. I thought that was too much so only put in a few gallons . I then went to the next one down the road and paid $3.22. How can this be? Doesn't that seem strange to you? Quote May we be one so that the world may be won. Christian from the cradle to the grave I believe in Hematology.
Members phkrause Posted December 16, 2012 Members Posted December 16, 2012 Price of Gas. My question is the following: How can the price of gas at one station be nearly $1.50 more than the next one down the road? This week I paid $4.69 a gal. for gas at the closest station to my house. I thought that was too much so only put in a few gallons . I then went to the next one down the road and paid $3.22. How can this be? Doesn't that seem strange to you? Yes, its called price gouging. Happens all the time. I think a number of months ago people in California were investigating the price difference's there. I remember back in the '90s in Mass this happened all the time until enough people complained they checked into it and started fining gas stations. Also there were a few stations in Florida that were not putting there prices out, so when someone went to get gas they had no idea until they got to the pump, they also were getting fined. Quote phkrause When the righteous are in authority, the people rejoice; But when a wicked man rules, the people groan. Proverbs 29;2
Moderators LynnDel Posted December 16, 2012 Moderators Posted December 16, 2012 When I was traveling in Oregon last month, I noticed a huge variance in gas prices, but that is really in the extreme, Woody. One thing I love about Oregon -- you don't have to get out of your car to pump gas. It's a good thing, considering the wet-ther there. Quote LD
Narcah Posted December 16, 2012 Posted December 16, 2012 I say let them charge what they want, with the exception of true emergencies. Quote -Jason Youtube.com/narcah
Recommended Posts
Join the conversation
You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.