Jump to content
ClubAdventist

Morality: Objective, Subjective, or...?


Recommended Posts

Posted

Twilight,

I just wanted to pop in here and say that I now fully understand what you are saying. And, for the most part, I agree. I didn't appreciate all the rhetoric regarding use of logic and approaches to debate; but that's a difference in styles, I suppose.

I believe that morality is absolute, and that God is never changing. It is the circumstance and situation that changes and God's moral judgement does not change. I don't believe we can know in every instance what exactly His judgement is, but I believe we can come close to knowing and can grow from that knowledge so that the next time, we'll be even closer in our walk with God.

I do apologize for disrupting the thread earlier, but appreciate your attempts at answering my questions.

No problem at all. :-)

I am happy you now understand the point I have been making.

  • Replies 151
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

  • Twilight II

    74

  • Bravus

    31

  • JoeMo

    9

  • cricket

    8

Posted

Originally Posted By: Neil D

well, here I think we are going to agree to disagree....

It isn't the absolute morality that changes...it's ME that changes...I am the dynamic..and my relationship to that absolute morality...

You see, because I understood ABSOLUTE morality, the standard, at first, and then I understood that there is more to this standard than I understood before, then the size of the standard changes...and I also change as well....

that is not to say that I give up on the Absolute Morality, as it allows me to change. It is trustworthy to continue to follow it..because I grow and understand and it's Morality grows with me...

So, morality is no longer Absolute....but it is worthy to follow, and it allows me to grow and I can watch it worthiness grow with me...

Now, I know, for you rational intellectuals, that makes no sense...You will pooh-ha this to your delight...and that's ok...I trust my loving Savior, and not some loving set of rules...I am bowing out of this, as I have seen enough that Twilight just likes the attention that he is getting....but this is weariness....and not a good discussion...making mountains out of mole hills...

So, basically you're saying that because you observe and learn more about a rock it changes. This is a mighty slippery logical slope.

This concept isn't a molehill. It's the very reason our society is collapsing. Relative morality, i.e every man does what is right in his eyes, is a very destructive force in our society today.

This concept was introduced in Eden, when satan tempted Eve to think she could engage in subjective reasoning without Gods absolute guidance...

It is as old as humanity.

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


If you find some value to this community, please help out with a few dollars per month.



×
×
  • Create New...