Woody Posted January 18, 2013 Posted January 18, 2013 Do you think Lance will make a come back? Is it not our duty as Christians to forgive him? Quote May we be one so that the world may be won. Christian from the cradle to the grave I believe in Hematology.
Ted Oplinger Posted January 18, 2013 Posted January 18, 2013 Well, he hasn't asked forgiveness, so many are still dog-piling scorn on him. I'd say yes, forgive him. While I have no intention of dredging up the "did he, didn't he" debate, I'd like to know why he's changed his story, after years and years of testing came up clean, save for one dubious result later proving negative on a retest. I know both sides have their points, but it was mostly statements from rivals that kept the rumor mill cooking. It almost appears as if he fell by attrition - people assumed guilt, and kept after him until he grew weary of fighting. Now, he seems to be out to confirm the absolute worst of the widespread rumors swirling around him. Doesn't make a whole lot of sense. Others, though, have different takes, and aren't so forgiving. Blessings, Quote "As iron sharpens iron, so also does one man sharpen another" - Proverbs 27:17 "The offense of the cross is that the cross is a confession of human frailty and sin and of inability to do any good thing. To take the cross of Christ means to depend solely on Him for everything, and this is the abasement of all human pride. Men love to fancy themselves independent. But let the cross be preached, let it be made known that in man dwells no good thing and that all must be received as a gift, and straightway someone is offended." Ellet J. Waggoner, The Glad Tidings "Courage is being scared to death - and saddling up anyway" - John Wayne "The person who pays an ounce of principle for a pound of popularity gets badly cheated" - Ronald Reagan
Woody Posted January 18, 2013 Author Posted January 18, 2013 Quote: Well, he hasn't asked forgiveness Well - I've not seen a transcript of his apology. But when someone says they are sorry - I figure as Christians - we are to forgive whether or not there is a specific request for us to forgive. I fear we as a society are too hung up on semantics. Quote May we be one so that the world may be won. Christian from the cradle to the grave I believe in Hematology.
Ted Oplinger Posted January 18, 2013 Posted January 18, 2013 Woody, I guess I haven't kept up with the latest of the Lance saga. I just haven't heard if he had asked or not. All that I have read seems to negate any penitence and highlight the worst of Lance. My personal take is that I'd forgive him, even if he never asked, because I think it was a railroad conviction in a trial by media. Even if proven all true, I'd still forgive him. If there is no sin on earth Christ cannot forgive, then we should be of the same attitude. Does that help explain? Blessings, Quote "As iron sharpens iron, so also does one man sharpen another" - Proverbs 27:17 "The offense of the cross is that the cross is a confession of human frailty and sin and of inability to do any good thing. To take the cross of Christ means to depend solely on Him for everything, and this is the abasement of all human pride. Men love to fancy themselves independent. But let the cross be preached, let it be made known that in man dwells no good thing and that all must be received as a gift, and straightway someone is offended." Ellet J. Waggoner, The Glad Tidings "Courage is being scared to death - and saddling up anyway" - John Wayne "The person who pays an ounce of principle for a pound of popularity gets badly cheated" - Ronald Reagan
Members phkrause Posted January 18, 2013 Members Posted January 18, 2013 Just as anyone else, yes we should forgive, but even in forgiveness we still need to pay the consequence's. At least here on earth. when we are forgiven by God we will not be paying those consequence's that we deserve, which is the 2nd death. I thank God each day that Jesus came and reconciled us to the Father. Quote phkrause When the righteous are in authority, the people rejoice; But when a wicked man rules, the people groan. Proverbs 29;2
olger Posted January 19, 2013 Posted January 19, 2013 Sure Quote "Please don't feed the drama queens.."
doug yowell Posted January 19, 2013 Posted January 19, 2013 Who's Lance and what did he do to me that I need to forgive him for? Quote
Stan Posted January 19, 2013 Posted January 19, 2013 Americans and most people, will forgive almost everything...... except a cover up. Quote If you receive benefit to being here please help out with expenses. https://www.paypal.me/clubadventist Administrator of a few websites like https://adventistdating.com
Woody Posted January 19, 2013 Author Posted January 19, 2013 Americans and most people, will forgive almost everything...... except a cover up. Yep - even when there's a coverup: Bill Martha Arnold Tiger Quote May we be one so that the world may be won. Christian from the cradle to the grave I believe in Hematology.
aldona Posted January 20, 2013 Posted January 20, 2013 Lance hasn't wronged us, so it is not up to us to forgive or not forgive him. That prerogative belongs to those he has sinned against: - his fellow cyclists - cycling officials - his family and friends - those he bullied and threatened with lawsuits when they accused him of cheating etc. We are just strangers to him, and his misdemeanors have nothing to do with us. Why do we think we are so important that everybody in the world who sins has to apologise to us and earn our forgiveness? Are we the Pope? or God? AJ Quote www.asrc.org.au (Asylum Seeker Resource Centre, Melbourne)Helping over 2000 refugees & asylum seekers each monthIMSLP/Petrucci Music LibraryThe Public Domain Music Score Library - Free Sheet Music DownloadsLooking for classical sheet music? Try IMSLP first!
fccool Posted January 20, 2013 Posted January 20, 2013 Do you think Lance will make a come back?Is it not our duty as Christians to forgive him? Forgive him for what? Since when is it up to us to forgive these people? LOL. Lance Armstrong have not done anything to me. My take on all of this is that it's very silly to begin with. We have 1000nds of grown men who spend years to see who can ride a bicycle faster Really? Is that the quintessential problem of mankind? Trying to figure out who can ride a bike from point A to point B faster without taking any enhancing drugs? I don't know... perhaps I'm overly cynical, but why does it matter? Why does it matter that Armstrong took or did not take drugs? Where's the line that we draw? The long distance runners jack up on caffeine, so do Hockey players. I don't see anyone complaining about that. I know plenty of triatholon people who would use blood infusion methods after training with lower blood count... something that can't be tested for. My question is - why should we care? Why is this important? Quote
Woody Posted January 20, 2013 Author Posted January 20, 2013 Lance hasn't wronged us, so it is not up to us to forgive or not forgive him. That prerogative belongs to those he has sinned against:- his fellow cyclists - cycling officials - his family and friends - those he bullied and threatened with lawsuits when they accused him of cheating etc. We are just strangers to him, and his misdemeanors have nothing to do with us. Why do we think we are so important that everybody in the world who sins has to apologise to us and earn our forgiveness? Are we the Pope? or God? AJ AJ - I've been a loyal fan of his for many many years. Faithfully watched his races on TV. Many hours of heart-wrenching nerves as I cheered him on. I was faithful to him. He was not faithful to me. He lied to me. He cheated the sport that I love. Does any of that count to you? I consider myself a fan and a friend. A betrayed fan and friend. Quote May we be one so that the world may be won. Christian from the cradle to the grave I believe in Hematology.
OzarkWoman Posted January 21, 2013 Posted January 21, 2013 I forgive Lance Armstrong. I certainly don't condone what he has done, but I'm not the one who has to pay the price for it, and like most everybody else, I have my own shortcomings to face. Quote
7daysadventist Posted January 24, 2013 Posted January 24, 2013 I've already forgiven him. But some people he touched during his career will have a much harder time. He realizes this. Ultimately, this is between him and God. Quote
Narcah Posted January 26, 2013 Posted January 26, 2013 I'm pretty sure it's not up to me to forgive him. I assumed all along he did it and enjoyed some good debates about it with my pals. Now I'm proven right. If anything I should be thanking Lance. *grin* Quote -Jason Youtube.com/narcah
Windsor Posted January 26, 2013 Posted January 26, 2013 It's not my responsibility to forgive him because I don't feel he wronged me personally. However, it's not the doping that bothers me so much. It's how vindictive he was against those who rightfully accused him of such things. He made money suing people so I think it's only just that they sue him back and then some. Quote Remember Adventists Online?
Recommended Posts
Join the conversation
You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.