Jump to content
ClubAdventist

going to Washington DC


Recommended Posts

Posted

I have seen the Capital Building....Tomorrow, I go see the NAD....Gonna put some advice into the NAD's problems... from an ol' po-dunk back west coast coasty country bumpkin........

Tell me quick what you want me to tell them......That Wilson should step down...done....what else????

Democracy is a device that ensures we shall be governed no better than we deserve.

 

George Bernard Shaw

 

  • Members
Posted

Traveling! You must be feeling better? Hope all is well with you. Have a great time and see the cherry blossoms, or are they over.

phkrause

When the righteous are in authority, the people rejoice; But when a wicked man rules, the people groan. Proverbs 29;2
Posted

Quote:
That Wilson should step down...done....what else????

If you can accomplish that one task - your trip would have been well worth it. In fact - if you get that done - I will be happy to pay all of your expenses.

May we be one so that the world may be won.
Christian from the cradle to the grave
I believe in Hematology.
 

Posted

Quote:
If you can accomplish that one task - your trip would have been well worth it.

ROFL

I'll bet you get some lively responses for that comment! We both can guess who they will come from! (discretion prevents me from naming names!)

  • Administrators
Posted

Get that camera of yours going, Neil!

Isaiah 32:17 And the work of righteousness shall be peace; and the effect of righteousness quietness and assurance for ever.

  • Members
Posted

And say hi to Tom

phkrause

When the righteous are in authority, the people rejoice; But when a wicked man rules, the people groan. Proverbs 29;2
Posted

Well, I have met the head moderator of this board....How do I describe this man? How about this.....

I intended to talk to him and get aquainted with him for just like over an hour....but danged if we didn't hit it off and I spent nearly 5 hours with the guy...

Oh, and if you didn't know, Hope TV is generated at the GC...nice set...And Gail, I heard about your fo-pah [sp]...hehehehe....

There is a wealth of information at the GC office...If you guys ever want info as to what works best on evangelism, this place has it...and how to do Ice Breakers with non-adventists are there as well...

I highly rate this place as a 7 out of 10 as a place to visit for Adventists...

PS= Wilson was not there...apparently he heard that I was coming with a petition and took off....and his secretary wasn't there either....

PPSS- Tom's secretary is moving to Oregon when she retires....[at least, I'm pretty sure she is gonna move there].

Democracy is a device that ensures we shall be governed no better than we deserve.

 

George Bernard Shaw

 

Posted

Quote:
That Wilson should step down...done....what else????

If you can accomplish that one task - your trip would have been well worth it. In fact - if you get that done - I will be happy to pay all of your expenses.

I'm not sure what the answer is, but curious if Daniel 2:21 ("He removes kings and raises up kings"), and Rom. 13:1 ("authorities that exist are appointed by God") are only referring to secular leaders?

Posted

All according to His will.

May we be one so that the world may be won.
Christian from the cradle to the grave
I believe in Hematology.
 

  • Members
Posted
I'm not sure what the answer is, but curious if Daniel 2:21 ("He removes kings and raises up kings"), and Rom. 13:1 ("authorities that exist are appointed by God") are only referring to secular leaders?
I would say "all"

phkrause

When the righteous are in authority, the people rejoice; But when a wicked man rules, the people groan. Proverbs 29;2
Posted

So guess some feel that God made a mistake with Wilson?

  • Members
Posted

Not sure I agree. Did God make a mistake with King Saul? No, Saul started out doing what was needed, but than he started relying on himself instead of God. As far as Wilson, the drury(sp) is still out. Besides who are we to determine if his choice is doing his job or not? Personally haven't seen him do anything that has gone against the Bible.

phkrause

When the righteous are in authority, the people rejoice; But when a wicked man rules, the people groan. Proverbs 29;2
  • Administrators
Posted

Yep! We had a great visit. Did my best GC tour guide impersonation. Take two guys that like to talk a lot and time flies!

"Absurdity reigns and confusion makes it look good."

"Sinless perfection is such a shallow goal."

"I love God only as much as the person I love the least."

*Forgiveness is always good news. And that is the gospel truth.

(And finally, the ideas expressed above are solely my person views and not that of any organization with which I am associated.)

Posted

Georgetown U, rah rah rah... Spent eight years in D.C. all together (not all at the U., but slow learner still applies). :)

I like Wilson myself, but good or bad, as David honored Saul, so I will honor leadership. And I note David honored Saul, but still watched his back.

  • Members
Posted

Georgetown U, rah rah rah... Spent eight years in D.C. all together (not all at the U., but slow learner still applies). :)

I like Wilson myself, but good or bad, as David honored Saul, so I will honor leadership. And I note David honored Saul, but still watched his back.

Exactly thumbsup

phkrause

When the righteous are in authority, the people rejoice; But when a wicked man rules, the people groan. Proverbs 29;2
  • Members
Posted

What ever Wilson does or does not say really makes very little difference in the day to day life of most Adventists.

thumbsup

phkrause

When the righteous are in authority, the people rejoice; But when a wicked man rules, the people groan. Proverbs 29;2
Posted

Quote:
I like Wilson myself, but good or bad, as David honored Saul, so I will honor leadership. And I note David honored Saul, but still watched his back.

and

Quote:
What ever Wilson does or does not say really makes very little difference in the day to day life of most Adventists.

I agree with both of these sentiments. While the GC President may make the Church look good...or foolish...in front of the world - it is the "mere" local Conference Presidents that really must be watched in trying to get behind one's back...

For the infantryman on the line, it's the "captains of fifties", not the field marshals, that affect the soldier's life the most.

Blessings,

"As iron sharpens iron, so also does one man sharpen another" - Proverbs 27:17

"The offense of the cross is that the cross is a confession of human frailty and sin and of inability to do any good thing. To take the cross of Christ means to depend solely on Him for everything, and this is the abasement of all human pride. Men love to fancy themselves independent. But let the cross be preached, let it be made known that in man dwells no good thing and that all must be received as a gift, and straightway someone is offended." Ellet J. Waggoner, The Glad Tidings

"Courage is being scared to death - and saddling up anyway" - John Wayne

"The person who pays an ounce of principle for a pound of popularity gets badly cheated" - Ronald Reagan

  • Administrators
Posted

What ever Wilson does or does not say really makes very little difference in the day to day life of most Adventists.

thumbsupthumbsup

If your dreams are not big enough to scare you, they are not big enough for God

Posted

What ever Wilson does or does not say really makes very little difference in the day to day life of most Adventists.

In light of that fact, especially not remembering all that Elder Wilson said, seeing my stopped up sink being cleared without the aid of a plumber over the week, being the highlight of the week, there will come a time I believe in the not too distant future, when small victories like that in answer to prayer, will be seen as reasons to believe God still reigns though much weightier issues are pressing down on our daily existence, some as a result of our own lack in being available to spread the Word, others as a result of being on the cutting edge of the pursuit of spreading the good news.

God cares! peace

Lift Jesus up!!

Posted

man, you guys take yourselves FAR too seriously....and you can't even take something humorous without making it into some personal mountain...This IS the townhouse NON-SEROIUS thread....right???

oh, and don't you guys come to me and say, "We were only joking"...'cuz that then makes you all internet trolls....

Anyone here ever met with Tom??? You guys,who haven't, are missing out on a rare and very pleasant person to visit with...And his church is a really neat place....And, Tom, Jerry Woods gave me some ideas on how to make the church more influential. Ok, I've said enough....

Democracy is a device that ensures we shall be governed no better than we deserve.

 

George Bernard Shaw

 

  • Administrators
Posted
man, you guys take yourselves FAR too seriously........
thumbsup

If your dreams are not big enough to scare you, they are not big enough for God

  • Administrators
Posted

Quote:

What ever Wilson does or does not say really makes very little difference in the day to day life of most Adventists.

we cannot measure the impact on a micro spiritual plane of Ted Wilson's prayers for the cause of God, in the lives of every member.

I can imagine through Christ that it is there.

and then also the prayers of every level of leadership down to Sabbath School leaders, and praying families and friends in the family of God.

we cannot imagine the power of the intercession of Christ for all people and those who are resisting selfishness. But I can faintly imagine it for those far away, and really see it near.

Every divinely inspired prayer comes through Christ's prayers.

deb

Love awakens love.

Let God be true and every man a liar.

Posted

Traveling! You must be feeling better? Hope all is well with you. Have a great time and see the cherry blossoms, or are they over.

"feeling better"???

The only time I felt bad was when the doctors gave me medicine....

This is a true statement.....There is just one insy tinesy problem with this statement...it lacks a very prominate trueth....it is based upon a falsehood...denial...

The truth of the matter is that I never did feel bad...but thru the use of modern medical science, there was this spot in a crucial place that needed to be attended to...perhaps I am being deceived, since I don't feel bad...

Democracy is a device that ensures we shall be governed no better than we deserve.

 

George Bernard Shaw

 

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

If you find some value to this community, please help out with a few dollars per month.



×
×
  • Create New...