Jump to content
ClubAdventist

From another denomination to SDA.


Recommended Posts

Posted

Hello All,

Just wondering if anyone who was previously a member of another Christian Denomination who then joined the SDA would like to share their testimony about that experience?

Did you visit with the SDA whilst remaining a member of your previous church, or did you make the switch straight away?

What was it about the SDA that drew you to the SDA denomination, and what is it that continues to keep you coming back to SDA meetings each Sabbath?

  • Moderators
Posted

I was raised a Catholic. When 2 relatives who became SDAs started sharing Biblical truths, it became very obvious how unscriptural many of the things I was brought up with were.

Then I was persuaded to go to a boarding school where I eventually was baptized.

Posted

SOJOURNER

well I was dissatisfied with Christianity and started to live a wild

and worldly life--then after years of the worldly life---- I started to

study with the family and when I learn the bible truths(not S.D.A. truths)

I was baptized and started attending right away---

it is the BIBLE TRUTHS and wanting that relationship with GOD AND JESUS

that keeps me coming to the S.D.A. CHURCH SERVICES

dgrimm60

:like:

  • Administrators
Posted

Talk to JoeMo...

Isaiah 32:17 And the work of righteousness shall be peace; and the effect of righteousness quietness and assurance for ever.

Posted

Excellent topic.

`G

"Please don't feed the drama queens.."

Posted

SOJOURNER

well I was dissatisfied with Christianity and started to live a wild

and worldly life--then after years of the worldly life---- I started to

study with the family and when I learn the bible truths(not S.D.A. truths)

I was baptized and started attending right away---

it is the BIBLE TRUTHS and wanting that relationship with GOD AND JESUS

that keeps me coming to the S.D.A. CHURCH SERVICES

dgrimm60

thumbsupthumbsup

May we be one so that the world may be won.
Christian from the cradle to the grave
I believe in Hematology.
 

Posted

When I became a Christian, I had to choose between my wife's Lutheran church and the Seventh-day Adventist church. I attended both for a while, until God impressed me with the thought I could not grow in the Lutheran congregation.

I went solidly SDA, and never looked back - much to my wife's chagrin. That was 27 years ago.

Even now, she teases me that in that should I forget to log out of Facebook, she would post on my page about how I've left the SDA church to become a solid Lutheran - for the shock value..but she also knows that it would be "turn about, fair play".

Blessings,

"As iron sharpens iron, so also does one man sharpen another" - Proverbs 27:17

"The offense of the cross is that the cross is a confession of human frailty and sin and of inability to do any good thing. To take the cross of Christ means to depend solely on Him for everything, and this is the abasement of all human pride. Men love to fancy themselves independent. But let the cross be preached, let it be made known that in man dwells no good thing and that all must be received as a gift, and straightway someone is offended." Ellet J. Waggoner, The Glad Tidings

"Courage is being scared to death - and saddling up anyway" - John Wayne

"The person who pays an ounce of principle for a pound of popularity gets badly cheated" - Ronald Reagan

  • Administrators
Posted

Excellent topic.

Tell us your story, olger :)

Isaiah 32:17 And the work of righteousness shall be peace; and the effect of righteousness quietness and assurance for ever.

Posted

I ain't got much. Just a dumb country kid what loves the Lord - is all.

"Please don't feed the drama queens.."

Posted

I ain't got much. Just a dumb country kid what loves the Lord - is all.

Got to disagree with you there - not dumb....just a bit modest. :)

Blessings,

"As iron sharpens iron, so also does one man sharpen another" - Proverbs 27:17

"The offense of the cross is that the cross is a confession of human frailty and sin and of inability to do any good thing. To take the cross of Christ means to depend solely on Him for everything, and this is the abasement of all human pride. Men love to fancy themselves independent. But let the cross be preached, let it be made known that in man dwells no good thing and that all must be received as a gift, and straightway someone is offended." Ellet J. Waggoner, The Glad Tidings

"Courage is being scared to death - and saddling up anyway" - John Wayne

"The person who pays an ounce of principle for a pound of popularity gets badly cheated" - Ronald Reagan

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

If you find some value to this community, please help out with a few dollars per month.



×
×
  • Create New...