M. T. Cross Posted April 29, 2013 Posted April 29, 2013 Last Wednesday was my birthday, had a lovely day with the family. Friday afternoon I sat in my bosses office for about half an hour listening to allegation and accusations that blew my mind. After he was done his tirade he informed me I was fired. As I hung out last night with the guys I spend every day with at work, none of us could figure out where our boss got any of this from as there was not a single word that came out of his mouth that was true. So after 10 years without one single disiplinary action I am out of a job. Quote
Members phkrause Posted April 29, 2013 Members Posted April 29, 2013 EC, so sorry to hear that. I will keep you in our prays. Whats the possibility of unemployment? I do feel your pain though. I worked for the company that laid me of in Feb of '08, 28 years! They actually tried the same thing, make up stuff with certain employees, so that they could fire me not just lay me off. The funny thing is all those that took part in the scam, eventually all got laid off themselves. As I say what goes around comes around. And must importantly as the Bible says, all things work together for those that love the Lord. It gave me the opportunity to move to Florida and help my Mom for about a year or so. And than become foster parents to my grandchildren now since September of last year. So even though its not an ideal situation, we are at least being able to take care of them. We praise the Lord every single day that the DCF didn't take the kids away, but allowed us, and most importantly, helped us be there foster parents, so that they didn't have to go to other people, but were able to be with family. Just have to love how God takes care of you. So don't feel down, but think something better is gonna come out of this. Will be praying for you and the family. Quote phkrause When the righteous are in authority, the people rejoice; But when a wicked man rules, the people groan. Proverbs 29;2
Administrators Naomi Posted April 29, 2013 Administrators Posted April 29, 2013 Happy Belated-Birthday I am so sorry to hear about your employer and your job. I know how much that job, the trees, etc met to you. We always go on to something better ... courage!! Quote If your dreams are not big enough to scare you, they are not big enough for God
JoeMo Posted April 29, 2013 Posted April 29, 2013 I got laid off in Aug. 2010 due to a 'Business Reorganization". The company I worked for decided the no longer needed a compliance function, even though they are a heavily regulated, multi-billion dollar company. Coincidentally, I was laid off about a month after the company settled in a lawsuit brough against them for lack of compliance concerning hiring and firing in which i had to testify (against the company, unfortunately). I persued the issue through Employee Relations; and they said that my testimony and my being laid off were to totally independent events - that their close timing was just a coincidence ... of course. EC, my heart goes out to you; and my prayers are with you that this will be an opportunity for you to find something that not only pays the bills; but gives you fulfillment and a sense of what a valuable human being you truly are. Quote
Administrators Gail Posted April 29, 2013 Administrators Posted April 29, 2013 Wow... am happy for your birthday but yeah, like the others, sorry about the job loss. I hope that those accusations don't make it hard for you to get unemployment benefits. Will add you to the prayer journal for ongoing support, if you don't mind. Let us know what happens! Quote Isaiah 32:17 And the work of righteousness shall be peace; and the effect of righteousness quietness and assurance for ever.
Woody Posted April 29, 2013 Posted April 29, 2013 Hold Your Head HIGH EC. and belated birthday blessings. Wow - that is a blow below the belt. But - you will be refined into something even better than before. Hang in there brother. This too shall pass. Woody Quote May we be one so that the world may be won. Christian from the cradle to the grave I believe in Hematology. Â
Ted Oplinger Posted April 29, 2013 Posted April 29, 2013 Also the belated happy birthday...and the sorrow for the events of last Friday. As a word of encouragement - every time a door has closed in one point, a better one opens later. The trials we go through now, prepare us for the challenges ahead. Keep the head up, and I'll keep you in my prayers. Blessings, Quote "As iron sharpens iron, so also does one man sharpen another" - Proverbs 27:17 "The offense of the cross is that the cross is a confession of human frailty and sin and of inability to do any good thing. To take the cross of Christ means to depend solely on Him for everything, and this is the abasement of all human pride. Men love to fancy themselves independent. But let the cross be preached, let it be made known that in man dwells no good thing and that all must be received as a gift, and straightway someone is offended." Ellet J. Waggoner, The Glad Tidings "Courage is being scared to death - and saddling up anyway" - John Wayne "The person who pays an ounce of principle for a pound of popularity gets badly cheated" - Ronald Reagan
Moderators Gerr Posted April 29, 2013 Moderators Posted April 29, 2013 Sorry to hear about your plight. I know how it feels to be falsely accused of something you're not guilty of. Yes, I will pray also for you. Quote
joeb Posted April 29, 2013 Posted April 29, 2013 EC, I sympathize. I've been fired unjustly too. It hurts, no doubt about it. As others have said, I'll pray you find something else to do soon. And Happy Birthday. Just how many candles was it this year? Quote Liberty cannot be established without morality, nor morality without faith.Alexis de Tocqueville
cricket Posted April 29, 2013 Posted April 29, 2013 EmptyCross, I won't bore you to tears about the unemployment year of 2012 in our family. Just want to say that I wish you well and hope that you'll be able to find employment quickly. Be sure to use every connection you have, you never know where an opportunity will turn up. What were you employed to do? Do you have a resume prepared? Are you up to date with LinkedIn and other social media? Is there anything we might be able to do to help? Quote
Administrators Gail Posted April 30, 2013 Administrators Posted April 30, 2013 And I think there are some government programs for providing skills for a new career and new job positions available, too. Getting retrained is commonplace these days. I hope that you can find work quickly! ((( EmptyCross ))) Quote Isaiah 32:17 And the work of righteousness shall be peace; and the effect of righteousness quietness and assurance for ever.
M. T. Cross Posted April 30, 2013 Author Posted April 30, 2013 Thank you all. Your thoughts and prayers are appreciated. I am employed again. I start tomorrow morning at 5 am. The son of some family friends just opened a restaurant here in town so I went and talked to him today and 5 minutes later walked out with a job. Not the same money I was making but its a lot more than no income and will put food on the table. Quote
Administrators Gail Posted April 30, 2013 Administrators Posted April 30, 2013 Wow, that was fast! Prayer works! Quote Isaiah 32:17 And the work of righteousness shall be peace; and the effect of righteousness quietness and assurance for ever.
Administrators Naomi Posted April 30, 2013 Administrators Posted April 30, 2013 Fantastic ... prayer, a good reputation and good friends can open many doors... So happy for you ... the best is yet to come! Quote If your dreams are not big enough to scare you, they are not big enough for God
M. T. Cross Posted April 30, 2013 Author Posted April 30, 2013 Yeah it was fast. To fast to really process actually LOL. Again thank you all for your prayers, there has been a lot go out between you all and some other friends from another board as well. Quote
Windsor Posted April 30, 2013 Posted April 30, 2013 I said a prayer at the first post and then as I scrolled down I saw that you had a job already. I guess my prayer worked retroactively. Quote Remember Adventists Online?
Members phkrause Posted April 30, 2013 Members Posted April 30, 2013 Thank you all. Your thoughts and prayers are appreciated. I am employed again. I start tomorrow morning at 5 am. The son of some family friends just opened a restaurant here in town so I went and talked to him today and 5 minutes later walked out with a job. Not the same money I was making but its a lot more than no income and will put food on the table. Praise the Lord, and Happy belated Birthday. :) Quote phkrause When the righteous are in authority, the people rejoice; But when a wicked man rules, the people groan. Proverbs 29;2
Administrators debbym Posted April 30, 2013 Administrators Posted April 30, 2013 Quote: none of us could figure out where our boss got any of this from as there was not a single word that came out of his mouth that was true. So after 10 years without one single disiplinary action I am out of a job. and you have no protection, you cannot make any appeal to any agency for advocacy for an injustice? can you hold anyone responsible or him for the lies? can you write him a letter explaining that everything he said had no basis and was not true, that he has made an error? Quote deb Love awakens love. Let God be true and every man a liar.
Administrators debbym Posted April 30, 2013 Administrators Posted April 30, 2013 I am so thankful you are working gain. i hope you also will be restored to the income level you lost. i am so thankful for your friends here who pray for you also. Blessings to you and your family. Quote deb Love awakens love. Let God be true and every man a liar.
Ted Oplinger Posted April 30, 2013 Posted April 30, 2013 Happy your unemployment was very short. God does provide. Blessings, Quote "As iron sharpens iron, so also does one man sharpen another" - Proverbs 27:17 "The offense of the cross is that the cross is a confession of human frailty and sin and of inability to do any good thing. To take the cross of Christ means to depend solely on Him for everything, and this is the abasement of all human pride. Men love to fancy themselves independent. But let the cross be preached, let it be made known that in man dwells no good thing and that all must be received as a gift, and straightway someone is offended." Ellet J. Waggoner, The Glad Tidings "Courage is being scared to death - and saddling up anyway" - John Wayne "The person who pays an ounce of principle for a pound of popularity gets badly cheated" - Ronald Reagan
Woody Posted April 30, 2013 Posted April 30, 2013 Wonderful that your birthday wish was granted .... (Or was it OUR wish for the next year of your life) Quote May we be one so that the world may be won. Christian from the cradle to the grave I believe in Hematology. Â
JoeMo Posted April 30, 2013 Posted April 30, 2013 Quote: I am employed again. I start tomorrow morning at 5 am. WOOO HOOO!!! Call it grace, call it karma, or simply an answer to mob prayer - whatever is good and positive! I'm gonna keep praying for better jobs and prosperity for you, bud! Quote
Liz Posted April 30, 2013 Posted April 30, 2013 Well, how did your first day and your new job go? Quote For what will a man be profited, if he gains the whole world, and forfeits his soul? Mat. 16:26Please, support the JDRF and help find a cure for Type 1 Diabetes. Please, support the March of Dimes.
Recommended Posts
Join the conversation
You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.