Moderators Gregory Matthews Posted December 14, 2012 Moderators Posted December 14, 2012 Poetic justice. Honk at an elderly person and the value of your automobile decreases by $2,000! http://dave6.posterous.com/dont-honk-at-old-people Quote Gregory
Moderators LynnDel Posted December 14, 2012 Moderators Posted December 14, 2012 I think old people are so cute. They have their characters written all over their faces. Even though there isn't much time left in their lives, they live and move at leisure and don't seem upset that it is their only option. They love to talk and have such great stories to tell. I treasure them, and this little lady was priceless. I hope someone treasures me when I get old. Quote LD
Woody Posted December 14, 2012 Posted December 14, 2012 Quote: I think old people are so cute. First of all @ Gregory - Wow - long time no see. But it sure is good to see you. Now - LynnDel ... I do appreciate you calling me "cute". You are far too kind. smile smile. Quote May we be one so that the world may be won. Christian from the cradle to the grave I believe in Hematology.
Administrators Gail Posted December 14, 2012 Administrators Posted December 14, 2012 Hi, Gregory!! Good to see you again! :) Quote Isaiah 32:17 And the work of righteousness shall be peace; and the effect of righteousness quietness and assurance for ever.
Moderators LynnDel Posted December 14, 2012 Moderators Posted December 14, 2012 Woody, you are not old enough to have reached the cute old man stage. Yet. :) Quote LD
Members phkrause Posted December 14, 2012 Members Posted December 14, 2012 Poetic justice. Honk at an elderly person and the value of your automobile decreases by $2,000! http://dave6.posterous.com/dont-honk-at-old-people Good to see you Gregory, was wondering if all was well. And now to address your post. Quote phkrause When the righteous are in authority, the people rejoice; But when a wicked man rules, the people groan. Proverbs 29;2
Moderators Gregory Matthews Posted December 14, 2012 Author Moderators Posted December 14, 2012 Yes, I have been mostly gone for several years. I have come back heare a few times without loggin in. Over the pasttwo weeks, I have registered in a couple of times and talked to Stan, while working on a project. All in all, I am doing very well for a person who celebrated his 27th {I trust you won't mind my mixing the numbers up a bit.} birthday this week. I still work full-time. My health is quite good for my age. I am not on the Internet as much now as I was when I was posting here in the past. But, I recently left a forum that had ceased to serve a useful purpose as far as I was concerned. I had eye surgery in January in which they went inside my eyeball with surgical instruments and detached a membrane from my retnia that was one cell thick! Monday I will have a cataract surgery as a side-effect of the January surgery. But, I was told that might happen. I would do the January surgery again if faced with the choice that I had. That should help my vision. Quote Gregory
Administrators Gail Posted December 14, 2012 Administrators Posted December 14, 2012 Well, make sure you come back soon! Quote Isaiah 32:17 And the work of righteousness shall be peace; and the effect of righteousness quietness and assurance for ever.
Members phkrause Posted December 15, 2012 Members Posted December 15, 2012 Thanks for sharing the info Gregory, and happy belated birthday. Quote phkrause When the righteous are in authority, the people rejoice; But when a wicked man rules, the people groan. Proverbs 29;2
Narcah Posted December 16, 2012 Posted December 16, 2012 That is a cute video! Just to clarify, there is no way a modern car is going to deploy 1 airbag (notice the passenger airbag didn't go off) with a simple whack to the nose from a handbag. Still a very funny video! Quote -Jason Youtube.com/narcah
Moderators Jeannieb43 Posted December 18, 2012 Moderators Posted December 18, 2012 That is a cute video! Just to clarify, there is no way a modern car is going to deploy 1 airbag (notice the passenger airbag didn't go off) with a simple whack to the nose from a handbag. Still a very funny video! I disagree. Some newer cars have a sensor which turns off the passenger side airbag if that seat is not occupied. [That's the reason young children should never sit in the front seat; their weight would not be sufficient to trigger the sensor so the airbag might deploy onto them and injure them.] Quote Jeannie<br /><br /><br />...Change is inevitable; growth is optional....
Moderators Gregory Matthews Posted December 19, 2012 Author Moderators Posted December 19, 2012 Earlier this year, I was involved in t aultiple vehicle accident which included an 18-wheel truch--it did not hit me. Note, I was hit on the front of the vehicle. The only airbag to deploy was a front pasaenger SIDE airbag. Not other air-bag deployed. MOdern cars have a computer that decides which air-bag to deploy. Quote Gregory
Administrators Gail Posted December 19, 2012 Administrators Posted December 19, 2012 Earlier this year, I was involved in t aultiple vehicle accident which included an 18-wheel truch--it did not hit me. Note, I was hit on the front of the vehicle. The only airbag to deploy was a front pasaenger SIDE airbag. Not other air-bag deployed. MOdern cars have a computer that decides which air-bag to deploy. You okay? Quote Isaiah 32:17 And the work of righteousness shall be peace; and the effect of righteousness quietness and assurance for ever.
Narcah Posted December 22, 2012 Posted December 22, 2012 My point was more the parked handbag to nose deploying airbag. A large reason airbags deploy is deacceleration, not just a 2 lb thump to the nose. One of the reasons? Cops were getting tired of having their airbags explode in the face when they would pull over a felon and they world reverse into the cop, deploy his airbag, and zoom off. Quote -Jason Youtube.com/narcah
Moderators Gregory Matthews Posted December 22, 2012 Author Moderators Posted December 22, 2012 Yes, Gail, I was physically O.K. from that multi-vehicle accident. My automobile was not. It cosst thousands to fix. Every person in the accident walked away from it. However, the sum total of the damages to the vehicles exceeded the total insurance coverage of the driver at fault. His vehicle was totaled. Quote Gregory
Administrators Gail Posted December 23, 2012 Administrators Posted December 23, 2012 My point was more the parked handbag to nose deploying airbag. A large reason airbags deploy is deacceleration, not just a 2 lb thump to the nose. One of the reasons? Cops were getting tired of having their airbags explode in the face when they would pull over a felon and they world reverse into the cop, deploy his airbag, and zoom off. Clever! Quote Isaiah 32:17 And the work of righteousness shall be peace; and the effect of righteousness quietness and assurance for ever.
Administrators Gail Posted December 23, 2012 Administrators Posted December 23, 2012 Yes, Gail, I was physically O.K. from that multi-vehicle accident. My automobile was not. It cosst thousands to fix. Every person in the accident walked away from it. However, the sum total of the damages to the vehicles exceeded the total insurance coverage of the driver at fault. His vehicle was totaled. Wow! Quote Isaiah 32:17 And the work of righteousness shall be peace; and the effect of righteousness quietness and assurance for ever.
Moderators Gregory Matthews Posted December 23, 2012 Author Moderators Posted December 23, 2012 Gail: I will tell you a bit more about that accident: I was driving down the Interstate (A major system of highways in the U.S.) before sunrise, as I was going to work, as I go to work early in the morning. A driver ahead of me went to sleep, I believe. He drove of the highway and ran head on into the end of a guard rail. That tore the steel guard rail off of its mounts and moved it out into the traffic lanes. The automobile immediately behind him ran into the guard rail and moved it so that it blocked two of the three lanes of traffic. The next vehicle, an 18-wheel truck, ran into the guard rail that was blocking the two traffic lanes. That punctured the radiator of the truck and as the metal guard rail ran across the side of the tractor and trailer it punctured two of the truck tires and did other damage. That caused the guard rail to act as a spring which came back at me. I saw it coming, swerved and the moving guard rail hit me on the passenger side, front, of my vehicle. That threw the right side of my car into the air, caused substantial damage to the underside of my automobile, set off my passenger side air bag, took out major parts of my airbag system, and caused one of my engine mounts to break loose from the body of the car! The total cost to repair my vehicle was over $5,000. As a learning point to all reading this: Because the guard rail was moving toward me, my collision insurance did NOT cover the damage to my vehicle. Rather, that damage was covered by my comprehensive coverage and my deductable was therefore only $50, which was much less than my collision coverage deductable. There were no injuries in this multi-vehicle accident. (Thank you Lord.) Everyone walked away from it. And the total damage to all vehicles exceeded the insurance coverage of the driver who caused it all. But, that is why I have insurance coverage. This has been an interesting year for me. In January I had eye surgery in which surgical instruments were inserted inside one of my eyeballs in order to detach a one-cell thick membrane from my retina. The entry point into my eyeball was made with a 25 gauge needle which has a nominal outside diameter of 0.05144 millimeters! That was truly microscopic surgery and I was awake, could talk to the doctors and I could see what was happening inside my eyeball! Last Monday, I had a second surgery on that eye to remove a cataract. Things appear to be going well as I recover from that. These three events in my life over the past year are in addition to more normal things that involve most people. It has been a year to remember. God is good. I am thankful for the medical coverage that I have and for my overall health. Life could have been a lot worse. Quote Gregory
Administrators Gail Posted December 23, 2012 Administrators Posted December 23, 2012 Wow again! Greg, it was amazing that no one died in that accident. Things might have quickly and easily turned tragic. Praise God that you and everyone else are well! And it's great that you got through the eye surgery in one piece, too. You certainly have much to be thankful for as we go into a new year :) Quote Isaiah 32:17 And the work of righteousness shall be peace; and the effect of righteousness quietness and assurance for ever.
Moderators Jeannieb43 Posted December 27, 2012 Moderators Posted December 27, 2012 Gregory, I have to comment on your eye surgeries. I too have had cataract surgery in the past few months -- on both eyes. It was a beautiful job. I was in "twilight sleep" with the type of anesthetic they gave me [intravenously], so I could talk or listen to the surgeon talk. But both procedures were short [a month apart], and afterward I was "good as new." I have a new intraocular lens in each eye now, which focuses both on distance and close-up. The amazing new things which are available to us nowadays, make our health insurance well worth the cost. And about your auto accident -- that was certainly divine intervention to keep you from physical harm through it all. Quote Jeannie<br /><br /><br />...Change is inevitable; growth is optional....
Moderators Gregory Matthews Posted December 29, 2012 Author Moderators Posted December 29, 2012 I am recovering well with my catarect surgery. Thanks for the good wishes. Quote Gregory
Moderators Gerr Posted February 3, 2013 Moderators Posted February 3, 2013 That was hilarious!!!!!!! My first big laugh for the day!!! I hope your vision is okay, Greg. You shouldn't stare at anything too long! Quote
Moderators Gerr Posted February 3, 2013 Moderators Posted February 3, 2013 PS Thank the Lord no one got hurt! Quote
Recommended Posts
Join the conversation
You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.