Jump to content
ClubAdventist

Recommended Posts

  • Administrators
Posted

Like the serpent who was cursed to move on his belly forevermore, spiders are universally despised.

The other day the weather was so hot I wanted to open the bathroom window to get some air. In the corner of the sliding pane, where the two panes meet and on the outside of the glass, was a HUGE spider.

I opened the window a bit and those huge legs moved a bit. That made me queasy. I opened the window all the way and heard a big CRUNCH. The spider got caught between the 2 panes.

Now all that's remaining are 2 of his long legs frozen in place. I can see them through the window. Blech!!!

What spider stories have you got to share?

Isaiah 32:17 And the work of righteousness shall be peace; and the effect of righteousness quietness and assurance for ever.

Posted

I used to drive a Monza Spyder.

Liberty cannot be established without morality, nor morality without faith.
Alexis de Tocqueville
  • Moderators
Posted

Finding redbacks inside the house on a fairly regular basis... and moving outdoor furniture when you *know* there are redbacks underneath...

Truth is important

Posted

::Shudder:: Spiders yuck!!

I walked into the bathroom and a baby tarantula was on the wall. Sadly, he didn't survive the encounter, and afterwards I felt bad--really I did.

For what will a man be profited, if he gains the whole world, and forfeits his soul? Mat. 16:26

Please, support the JDRF and help find a cure for Type 1 Diabetes. Please, support the March of Dimes.

  • Moderators
Posted

A spider crawled out from under my plate at dinner once, and I swear I got to the other side of the room without passing through the intervening space.

Truth is important

Posted

Woke in a tent on a Pathfinder camporee.

Realized I had been sleeping with the enemy (enormous wolf spider zipped in the tent with me).

  • Administrators
Posted

Wow- you guys have the really exotic types!

But I think the one I slew was a wolfie like Cricket's sleepover buddy.

Isaiah 32:17 And the work of righteousness shall be peace; and the effect of righteousness quietness and assurance for ever.

Posted

The spiders I know pose no danger I move back outside, where they can do some good (most of these are pretty small). Brown recluses and black widows, though, met and instant end.

If it poses a sting/bite issue, the bug gets terminated if I find it inside. Paper wasps are free to nest outside - well away from the house and yard. Around the house and where the kids play...they are also eliminated, just like certain spiders inside...

Blessings,

"As iron sharpens iron, so also does one man sharpen another" - Proverbs 27:17

"The offense of the cross is that the cross is a confession of human frailty and sin and of inability to do any good thing. To take the cross of Christ means to depend solely on Him for everything, and this is the abasement of all human pride. Men love to fancy themselves independent. But let the cross be preached, let it be made known that in man dwells no good thing and that all must be received as a gift, and straightway someone is offended." Ellet J. Waggoner, The Glad Tidings

"Courage is being scared to death - and saddling up anyway" - John Wayne

"The person who pays an ounce of principle for a pound of popularity gets badly cheated" - Ronald Reagan

Posted

I used to drive a Monza Spyder.

I saw what you did there..... rollingsmile

Blessings,

"As iron sharpens iron, so also does one man sharpen another" - Proverbs 27:17

"The offense of the cross is that the cross is a confession of human frailty and sin and of inability to do any good thing. To take the cross of Christ means to depend solely on Him for everything, and this is the abasement of all human pride. Men love to fancy themselves independent. But let the cross be preached, let it be made known that in man dwells no good thing and that all must be received as a gift, and straightway someone is offended." Ellet J. Waggoner, The Glad Tidings

"Courage is being scared to death - and saddling up anyway" - John Wayne

"The person who pays an ounce of principle for a pound of popularity gets badly cheated" - Ronald Reagan

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

If you find some value to this community, please help out with a few dollars per month.



×
×
  • Create New...