Members rudywoofs (Pam) Posted August 2, 2013 Members Posted August 2, 2013 well, here's what I do: when someone on C/A (or other internet areas) is rude, or otherwise annoying, cloying, or destroying, I have a list of fictional characters to which I'll refer. It helps (and is kinda fun) to choose one of the characters and apply it to the C/A neighbor: Goofy Grumpy Dudley-Do-Right Howdy Doody Calvin Dorothy (from the Wizard of Oz) The Scarecrow (WoO) Charlie Brown Wonder Woman Frasier Crane Charles Emerson Winchester (MASH) Flying Nun Tim "the toolman" Taylor Ray Barone Scarlett O'Hara The Three Stooges Snidely Whiplash The preacher in "Pollyanna": Quote Pam Meddle Not In the Affairs of Dragons; for You Are Crunchy and Taste Good with Ketchup. If we all sang the same note in the choir, there'd never be any harmony. Funny, isn't it, how we accept Grace for ourselves and demand justice for others?
cricket Posted August 2, 2013 Posted August 2, 2013 Oh how often I've been Goofy, Grumpy, Dudley-Do-Right, Charlie Brown, Wonder Woman, Flying Nun, The Three Stooges, and Snidely Whiplash! (Too funny, Pam! Love it!) Quote
Administrators Gail Posted August 2, 2013 Administrators Posted August 2, 2013 Scared to ask... :) Quote Isaiah 32:17 And the work of righteousness shall be peace; and the effect of righteousness quietness and assurance for ever.
Administrators Naomi Posted August 3, 2013 Administrators Posted August 3, 2013 Scared to ask... I second that! LOL Quote If your dreams are not big enough to scare you, they are not big enough for God
Members rudywoofs (Pam) Posted August 3, 2013 Author Members Posted August 3, 2013 LOL Probably everyone (me included) could be a number of those characters at some point. I think perhaps I should add "Sergeant Schultz"... Quote Pam Meddle Not In the Affairs of Dragons; for You Are Crunchy and Taste Good with Ketchup. If we all sang the same note in the choir, there'd never be any harmony. Funny, isn't it, how we accept Grace for ourselves and demand justice for others?
Administrators Gail Posted August 3, 2013 Administrators Posted August 3, 2013 How about the Soup Nazi? Quote Isaiah 32:17 And the work of righteousness shall be peace; and the effect of righteousness quietness and assurance for ever.
LifeHiscost Posted August 4, 2013 Posted August 4, 2013 Here's some balance from a biblical verifiable Adventist source. http://www.youtube.com/watch?annotation_...p;v=C8Bc1mS78MM God cares. Quote Lift Jesus up!!
Members rudywoofs (Pam) Posted August 4, 2013 Author Members Posted August 4, 2013 Here's some balance from a biblical verifiable Adventist source. http://www.youtube.com/watch?annotation_...p;v=C8Bc1mS78MM this has absolutely nothing whatsoever to do with the topic Quote Pam Meddle Not In the Affairs of Dragons; for You Are Crunchy and Taste Good with Ketchup. If we all sang the same note in the choir, there'd never be any harmony. Funny, isn't it, how we accept Grace for ourselves and demand justice for others?
Neil D Posted August 4, 2013 Posted August 4, 2013 Originally Posted By: Gail Scared to ask... I second that! LOL [ voice of Sargent Schulz mode-on] I know nuth-thing!....nuth-thing!! [sS mode-off] Quote Democracy is a device that ensures we shall be governed no better than we deserve. George Bernard Shaw
Members phkrause Posted August 4, 2013 Members Posted August 4, 2013 [ voice of Sargent Schulz mode-on] I know nuth-thing!....nuth-thing!! [sS mode-off] Neil you got that perfect!! LOL Quote phkrause When the righteous are in authority, the people rejoice; But when a wicked man rules, the people groan. Proverbs 29;2
Planey Posted August 5, 2013 Posted August 5, 2013 I know nuth-thing!....nuth-thing!! Unfortunately if I say that my students believe me implicitly. In fact they don't even look surprised. Graeme Quote Graeme____________________________________________________________________________________________________________
Members rudywoofs (Pam) Posted August 6, 2013 Author Members Posted August 6, 2013 Originally Posted By: Neil D I know nuth-thing!....nuth-thing!! Unfortunately if I say that my students believe me implicitly. In fact they don't even look surprised. Graeme LOLOL Quote Pam Meddle Not In the Affairs of Dragons; for You Are Crunchy and Taste Good with Ketchup. If we all sang the same note in the choir, there'd never be any harmony. Funny, isn't it, how we accept Grace for ourselves and demand justice for others?
joeb Posted August 6, 2013 Posted August 6, 2013 I guess I just don't understand this topic. Why should I be frustrated with the fact that other people who post their thoughts, just like I do, are often going to be different, think differently, act differently, etc... than I do? Don't we all have different life experiences? Haven't we all been shaped by what we're gone through? Have any two of us gone through the exact same life experiences? Is it even possible for us not to differ widely in opinions, ideas, and behaviors? Aren't we smorgasboard of temperaments and personalities? I must be socially retarded because I just don't get it. Quote Liberty cannot be established without morality, nor morality without faith.Alexis de Tocqueville
Members rudywoofs (Pam) Posted August 6, 2013 Author Members Posted August 6, 2013 I guess I just don't understand this topic. Why should I be frustrated with the fact that other people who post their thoughts, just like I do, are often going to be different, think differently, act differently, etc... than I do? Don't we all have different life experiences? Haven't we all been shaped by what we're gone through? Have any two of us gone through the exact same life experiences? Is it even possible for us not to differ widely in opinions, ideas, and behaviors? Aren't we smorgasboard of temperaments and personalities? I must be socially retarded because I just don't get it. okay, so rude people don't annoy you and you are never frustrated with anyone... congratulations! You're the first person I ever met who doesn't have those emotions!!... Quote Pam Meddle Not In the Affairs of Dragons; for You Are Crunchy and Taste Good with Ketchup. If we all sang the same note in the choir, there'd never be any harmony. Funny, isn't it, how we accept Grace for ourselves and demand justice for others?
Stan Posted August 6, 2013 Posted August 6, 2013 remember when women had to wear hats to go to a Church? Quote If you receive benefit to being here please help out with expenses. https://www.paypal.me/clubadventist Administrator of a few websites like https://adventistdating.com
joeb Posted August 6, 2013 Posted August 6, 2013 Originally Posted By: joeb I guess I just don't understand this topic. Why should I be frustrated with the fact that other people who post their thoughts, just like I do, are often going to be different, think differently, act differently, etc... than I do? Don't we all have different life experiences? Haven't we all been shaped by what we're gone through? Have any two of us gone through the exact same life experiences? Is it even possible for us not to differ widely in opinions, ideas, and behaviors? Aren't we smorgasboard of temperaments and personalities? I must be socially retarded because I just don't get it. okay, so rude people don't annoy you and you are never frustrated with anyone... congratulations! You're the first person I ever met who doesn't have those emotions!!... That's not what I'm saying so I guess I said what I said very badly. Yes, I get frustrated with people sometimes, but not to the point where I put so much thought into it that I make up characterizations of them. I put forth effort to surrender my frustrations and anger to God, not to hold onto them. I guess I finally see the futility in holding onto those emotions. I have spent most of my life nursing those things, and it was a huge waste of time, energy, and life. All it did was hurt me, not the people I held the grudge/frustration against. I'm not better than you. I'm not much different than you. I've just learned some really hard lessons because I've been so stubborn about holding onto things that hurt only me. I've had a ton of real hurts, and they could have been gone many years ago if I had only learned this lesson back then. In fact, I'd probably be healthy today rather than having a body that is just quitting on me because of all those years of internally generated stress. God seems to finally have gotten through to me, past the roadblocks I've put up most of my life. Love is a whole lot better than the alternatives. It's healing, not destroying. I just wish I had learned this many years ago. I say all this because I care, rudywoofs. Not because I think I'm somehow superior to you. I'm not. Quote Liberty cannot be established without morality, nor morality without faith.Alexis de Tocqueville
Members rudywoofs (Pam) Posted August 6, 2013 Author Members Posted August 6, 2013 remember when women had to wear hats to go to a Church? LOLOL And some STILL wear them...and they ALWAYS sit right in front of you. And if you move, they shift that way too... (and then there are the ladies with the really pouffy hairstyles...high and wide!) Quote Pam Meddle Not In the Affairs of Dragons; for You Are Crunchy and Taste Good with Ketchup. If we all sang the same note in the choir, there'd never be any harmony. Funny, isn't it, how we accept Grace for ourselves and demand justice for others?
Members rudywoofs (Pam) Posted August 6, 2013 Author Members Posted August 6, 2013 es, I get frustrated with people sometimes, but not to the point where I put so much thought into it that I make up characterizations of them. I put forth effort to surrender my frustrations and anger to God, not to hold onto them. okay, but remember, even scriptures compare people to "vipers," "lambs," "wolves," and other animate and inanimate objects.. I don't think God minds me doing the same thing in my mind... Quote Pam Meddle Not In the Affairs of Dragons; for You Are Crunchy and Taste Good with Ketchup. If we all sang the same note in the choir, there'd never be any harmony. Funny, isn't it, how we accept Grace for ourselves and demand justice for others?
LifeHiscost Posted August 6, 2013 Posted August 6, 2013 Quote: That's not what I'm saying so I guess I said what I said very badly. Yes, I get frustrated with people sometimes, but not to the point where I put so much thought into it that I make up characterizations of them. I put forth effort to surrender my frustrations and anger to God, not to hold onto them. I guess I finally see the futility in holding onto those emotions. I have spent most of my life nursing those things, and it was a huge waste of time, energy, and life. All it did was hurt me, not the people I held the grudge/frustration against. I'm not better than you. I'm not much different than you. I've just learned some really hard lessons because I've been so stubborn about holding onto things that hurt only me. I've had a ton of real hurts, and they could have been gone many years ago if I had only learned this lesson back then. In fact, I'd probably be healthy today rather than having a body that is just quitting on me because of all those years of internally generated stress. God seems to finally have gotten through to me, past the roadblocks I've put up most of my life. Love is a whole lot better than the alternatives. It's healing, not destroying. I just wish I had learned this many years ago. I say all this because I care, rudywoofs. Not because I think I'm somehow superior to you. I'm not. The joyful thing is that you took advantage of what our Father was willing to do for and in you, before it was too late to receive what He has to offer through His Son. "Remember that those who do good prove that they are God’s children, and those who do evil prove that they do not know God."3 John 1:11 NLT God cares! Quote Lift Jesus up!!
Members rudywoofs (Pam) Posted August 6, 2013 Author Members Posted August 6, 2013 Spongebob Squarepants Quote Pam Meddle Not In the Affairs of Dragons; for You Are Crunchy and Taste Good with Ketchup. If we all sang the same note in the choir, there'd never be any harmony. Funny, isn't it, how we accept Grace for ourselves and demand justice for others?
Ted Oplinger Posted August 7, 2013 Posted August 7, 2013 And there might be a Squidward or two there as well.....and a few Annoying Oranges... Quote "As iron sharpens iron, so also does one man sharpen another" - Proverbs 27:17 "The offense of the cross is that the cross is a confession of human frailty and sin and of inability to do any good thing. To take the cross of Christ means to depend solely on Him for everything, and this is the abasement of all human pride. Men love to fancy themselves independent. But let the cross be preached, let it be made known that in man dwells no good thing and that all must be received as a gift, and straightway someone is offended." Ellet J. Waggoner, The Glad Tidings "Courage is being scared to death - and saddling up anyway" - John Wayne "The person who pays an ounce of principle for a pound of popularity gets badly cheated" - Ronald Reagan
Recommended Posts
Join the conversation
You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.