Jump to content
ClubAdventist

Texas flash mob for Jesus


Recommended Posts

  • Members
Posted

pretty cool...

Pam     coffeecomputer.GIF   

Meddle Not In the Affairs of Dragons; for You Are Crunchy and Taste Good with Ketchup.

If we all sang the same note in the choir, there'd never be any harmony.

Funny, isn't it, how we accept Grace for ourselves and demand justice for others?

Posted

rudywoofs,

Please do not take the following as a criticism of you. It is not.

I find things like this disturbing in a way as I see this as their attempt to make Christianity palatable to people who don't really want to change or make sacrifices.

Dance is now Christian witnessing? That's what I see this as, an attempt to "witness". It's a very shallow form of witnessing for nowhere do I see the attributes of Jesus on display or any teaching of Biblical values. The world really needs to see the real Jesus. That's what it is really longing for, even when it doesn't realize it, and displays like this do nothing, that I can see, to tell the world how Jesus can fill the void they feel in their lives. To me that is Christian witnessing, not a bunch of people dancing in an imitation of what the world does every day.

Aren't we as Christians called to be different than the world? Aren't we called to have different values. different ideals?

Liberty cannot be established without morality, nor morality without faith.
Alexis de Tocqueville
  • Members
Posted

Very cool1 indeed

phkrause

When the righteous are in authority, the people rejoice; But when a wicked man rules, the people groan. Proverbs 29;2
Posted

Dance is now Christian witnessing?

Psalm 149:3

Let them praise his name with dancing, making melody to him with tambourine and lyre!

Jeremiah 31:13

Then shall the young women rejoice in the dance, and the young men and the old shall be merry. I will turn their mourning into joy; I will comfort them, and give them gladness for sorrow.

Ecclesiastes 3:4

A time to weep, and a time to laugh; a time to mourn, and a time to dance;

Psalm 150:4

Praise him with tambourine and dance; praise him with strings and pipe!

Psalm 30:11

You have turned for me my mourning into dancing; you have loosed my sackcloth and clothed me with gladness,

2 Samuel 6:14

And David danced before the Lord with all his might. And David was wearing a linen ephod.

Psalm 150:1-6

Praise the Lord! Praise God in his sanctuary; praise him in his mighty heavens! Praise him for his mighty deeds; praise him according to his excellent greatness! Praise him with trumpet sound; praise him with lute and harp! Praise him with tambourine and dance; praise him with strings and pipe! Praise him with sounding cymbals; praise him with loud clashing cymbals! ...

Jeremiah 31:4

Again I will build you, and you shall be built, O virgin Israel! Again you shall adorn yourself with tambourines and shall go forth in the dance of the merrymakers.

And there is lots more.

Graeme

Graeme

____________________________________________________________________________________________________________

  • Moderators
Posted
:like:

Truth is important

  • Members
Posted

bigsigh maybe the video would have been more demonstrative of Christianity if everyone had been wearing sackcloth and ashes, had sad expressions, and moved as if they were zombies...

Pam     coffeecomputer.GIF   

Meddle Not In the Affairs of Dragons; for You Are Crunchy and Taste Good with Ketchup.

If we all sang the same note in the choir, there'd never be any harmony.

Funny, isn't it, how we accept Grace for ourselves and demand justice for others?

Posted

Quote:
Aren't we as Christians called to be different than the world? Aren't we called to have different values. different ideals?

Two things come to my mind, Joeb, at your response.

John said to Jesus, “Teacher, we saw someone using your name to cast out demons, but we told him to stop because he wasn’t in our group.”

“Don’t stop him!” Jesus said. “No one who performs a miracle in my name will soon be able to speak evil of me.

Mark 9:38-39 NLT

While I am not given to grand productions in the name of Jesus, who am I to say God does not give that gift to some for the sake of His glory.

One person who decried another for their perceived over exuberance for the glory of God, was not met with any change except for a disdain for the others' lack of appreciation.

"But as the Ark of the Lord entered the City of David, Michal, the daughter of Saul, looked down from her window. When she saw King David leaping and dancing before the Lord, she was filled with contempt for him.

But when David returned to bless his household, Michal the daughter of Saul came out to meet David and said, “How the king of Israel distinguished himself today! He uncovered himself today in the eyes of his servants’ maids as one of the foolish ones shamelessly uncovers himself!”

So David said to Michal, “It was before the Lord, who chose me above your father and above all his house, to appoint me ruler over the people of the Lord, over Israel; therefore I will celebrate before the Lord. I will be more lightly esteemed than this and will be humble in my own eyes, but with the maids of whom you have spoken, with them I will be distinguished.” Michal the daughter of Saul had no child to the day of her death."2 Samuel 6:16,20-23 NASB

Even I am surprised at Michal's subsequent lack of bearing children, although it shouldn't be surprising considering David probably was not intimately involved with Michal from that point forward.

God cares! peace

Lift Jesus up!!

Posted

The world really needs to see the real Jesus. That's what it is really longing for, even when it doesn't realize it, and displays like this do nothing, that I can see, to tell the world how Jesus can fill the void they feel in their lives.

I don't know if you watched the video all the way through. Also, I don't know if the other 1,311,037 viewers watched it all the way through (probably many of them did). But, if you did watch all the way to very end, you'dve witnessed the donation of approximately 2,000 pairs of shoes to people in need.

Matthew 25:36

Naked, and ye clothed me: I was sick, and ye visited me: I was in prison, and ye came unto me.

  • Administrators
Posted
cool1

"Absurdity reigns and confusion makes it look good."

"Sinless perfection is such a shallow goal."

"I love God only as much as the person I love the least."

*Forgiveness is always good news. And that is the gospel truth.

(And finally, the ideas expressed above are solely my person views and not that of any organization with which I am associated.)

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

If you find some value to this community, please help out with a few dollars per month.



×
×
  • Create New...