Jump to content
ClubAdventist

US Thanksgiving


Recommended Posts

Posted

We should make every day a day of thanksgiving

thumbsupthumbsup

God cares!/Jesus Saves! peace

Lift Jesus up!!

Posted

Today is also a day of mourning for some Native Americans

http://www.syracuse.com/opinion/index.ss..._commentar.html

I'm reminded, after reading the article, how when serving a customer while clerking in a 7/11 overnight, pleasantly saying "Thank you, sir.", and before leaving the store he reached across the counter to shake my hand, thanking me for addressing him as "sir", making it plain it was not a common occurrence for him to experience.

To me he was just another customer/human being that deserved to be treated politely, but after collecting my wits I recognized him to be a native American that had flabbergasted me that he felt so disdained by enough of the population, he rewarded me for remembering him for who he was.

If I'd have been Christian enough at the time, I would have told him it wasn't anything Jesus wouldn't do for any of His children.

I've never lost the sense of regret for my lack at that particular time.

God cares!/Jesus saves!

Lift Jesus up!!

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

If you find some value to this community, please help out with a few dollars per month.



×
×
  • Create New...