Kountzer Posted November 27, 2013 Posted November 27, 2013 I am Not a Member of the Jehovah's Witness! I am a Seventh Day Adventist christian. If I were a jehovah's witness I would admit to it, straight up. I bring this up because a co-worker asked yesterday why am I excited about thanksgiving, being I am JW and 'you' don't celebrate holidays, birthdays, etc. How ignorant and bigoted can you get? She is not the first one at work to tell me that. A supervisor told me the same thing once. Personally i don't have a problem with Jehovah's Witness. They can be a bit too zealous at times when they are passing out their pamphlets and tracts at the corner store that I stop at on my way to work in the mornings. I politely refuse to take them and that's that. I have no idea what holidays and traditions they keep or don't keep. I've heard this and that from other sunday church members, but they could be wrong. To be honest I really don't care what JWs believe. They are no more in error than a lot of other main stream churches. This is still the USA. We still have religious liberty. They can believe whatever they want. It doesn't bother me. It is just that I am not a jehovah witness. If I were I would be bold, and up front about it, but I am not one. I am looking forward to a great thanksgiving holiday, and to all the holidays and birthdays that come my way. Who knows? Maybe members of the Jehovah's Witness denomination feel the same way. Quote I prayed for twenty years but received no answer until I prayed with my legs. Frederick Douglass
Liz Posted November 27, 2013 Posted November 27, 2013 I have lots of aunts, uncles and cousins that are JW's. Being confused with one is no biggie for me, I just set them straight--that I'm a member of that "other" cult Adventism*. My Grandfather-in-law would always call me his Hebrew granddaughter. He would introduce me this way. And no amount of trying to set him straight would work, so I just started accepting it and answering to it. *Don't get your nickers in a bunch--it's a joke. Quote For what will a man be profited, if he gains the whole world, and forfeits his soul? Mat. 16:26Please, support the JDRF and help find a cure for Type 1 Diabetes. Please, support the March of Dimes.
Kountzer Posted November 27, 2013 Author Posted November 27, 2013 I'm over it now. It's just the idea of someone telling me what I believe, or what holidays I observe. The gall. Quote I prayed for twenty years but received no answer until I prayed with my legs. Frederick Douglass
Administrators Gail Posted November 27, 2013 Administrators Posted November 27, 2013 It would be nice, though, if they could identify us OR the JWs for what they DO do, instead of what they don't... Quote Isaiah 32:17 And the work of righteousness shall be peace; and the effect of righteousness quietness and assurance for ever.
Johann Posted November 27, 2013 Posted November 27, 2013 Is this where we like to be? Deserved? Quote
Kountzer Posted November 28, 2013 Author Posted November 28, 2013 KOUNTZER I am a member the the S.D.A. CHURCH and not a Jehovah's Witness either but I have talk with many of them and this is what they have told me dgrimm60 Thanks dgrimm60 Quote I prayed for twenty years but received no answer until I prayed with my legs. Frederick Douglass
Johann Posted November 28, 2013 Posted November 28, 2013 Some years back a General Conference of Seventh-day Adventist Lay Activities director was brought up as a Jehovah's Witness. He made it meaningful to be a Seventh-day Adventist. - Leave your tracts and pamphlets at home and get acquainted with your neighbors, was his message. He baptized quite a few of them. Quote
Administrators Gail Posted November 28, 2013 Administrators Posted November 28, 2013 Quote Isaiah 32:17 And the work of righteousness shall be peace; and the effect of righteousness quietness and assurance for ever.
Johann Posted December 3, 2013 Posted December 3, 2013 Reminds me of what a friend used to say, (In Scandinavia anyone can use the mailboxes unless it has a sign that no unsolicited items are wanted) - By now we have converted all the mailboxes in town. It's about time we deal with the people who live behind them. Quote
Neil D Posted December 4, 2013 Posted December 4, 2013 - By now we have converted all the mailboxes in town. It's about time we deal with the people who live behind them. Quote Democracy is a device that ensures we shall be governed no better than we deserve. George Bernard Shaw
Members phkrause Posted December 5, 2013 Members Posted December 5, 2013 Originally Posted By: Johann - By now we have converted all the mailboxes in town. It's about time we deal with the people who live behind them. Quote phkrause When the righteous are in authority, the people rejoice; But when a wicked man rules, the people groan. Proverbs 29;2
Johann Posted December 5, 2013 Posted December 5, 2013 Are we scared dealing with people about our religion? Isn't it a lot easier giving a few dollars to a featured televangelist who knows some of the tricks of the trade to get a several more dollars out of people who worship his way of picking up some outlandish doctrines, discovering the weaknesses in our leaders, claiming he is the only one in the world who knows the pure doctrines? Quote
Recommended Posts
Join the conversation
You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.