Dr. Shane Posted October 28, 2005 Posted October 28, 2005 What do we drink? []http://www.clubadventist.com/ubbtreads/attachments/192852-beverage.jpg[/] Quote Pastoral Family Counselor... Find me at www.PostumCafe.com Author of Peculiar Christianity
aldona Posted October 28, 2005 Posted October 28, 2005 17% drink vegetable juices! I'm surprised it's so high. I LOVE tomato juice and V8. I could drink it all day. But when I take it through the checkout counter at the grocery store, people look at it as if it's from a different planet. (while unloading their Coke and flavored milk...) aldona Quote www.asrc.org.au (Asylum Seeker Resource Centre, Melbourne)Helping over 2000 refugees & asylum seekers each monthIMSLP/Petrucci Music LibraryThe Public Domain Music Score Library - Free Sheet Music DownloadsLooking for classical sheet music? Try IMSLP first!
Administrators Naomi Posted October 28, 2005 Administrators Posted October 28, 2005 </font><blockquote><font class="small">Quote:</font><hr /> dgrimm60 said: HEY TO SHANE this is interesting where I work we can have water bottles with us in the factory but all other drinks have to be drunk in the break room. dgrimm60 <hr /></blockquote><font class="post"> just tacking on here ... but almost every place I go when in a meeting water bottles are acceptable and most people have them. When going out to a business luncheon most people order water with lemon or lime. Needless to say, coffee is usually available in conference rooms and at trade shows. I don't see as much soda being consumed and on airplanes it appears that a lot of people are ordering juices. Naomi Quote If your dreams are not big enough to scare you, they are not big enough for God
Neil D Posted October 28, 2005 Posted October 28, 2005 Ah, now I know that I am in the refreshing 17% catagory.... Although, I occassionally sip bottled water, and, my one vice, a rootbeer occassionally..And lately, I have been looking at green teas... Quote Democracy is a device that ensures we shall be governed no better than we deserve. George Bernard Shaw
Moderators LynnDel Posted October 28, 2005 Moderators Posted October 28, 2005 Fruit juices are enjoying a revival in popularity since a recent study indicated that those who drink fruit juice daily are less likely to suffer memory problems in old age. I believe I've heard reference to a study that also shows that fresh fruit has the same benefit. All the above info comes from broadcast media - the "bible" of the modern age for the weaker minded. LD Quote LD
Moderators Nan Posted October 28, 2005 Moderators Posted October 28, 2005 This is written from a privileged country where the tap water is safe to drink - I think the trade in bottled water in places like Australia is a big commercial windfall. Some studies have shown the tap water to be just as 'safe'. Having said that I have drunk a lot of bottled - or boiled - water over the last few weeks and my other favourites go well in this group, tomato juice and the occasional root beer or sarsaparilla. Quote
Dr. Shane Posted October 28, 2005 Author Posted October 28, 2005 </font><blockquote><font class="small">Quote:</font><hr /> 17% drink vegetable juices! I'm surprised it's so high. <hr /></blockquote><font class="post"> I normally buy my V8 at the convience store in the morning with my breakfast taco. I rarely buy it at the grocery store. I buy bottled water too and kick myself everytime I do. We buy the 5 gallon bottled water for our home because, while our tap water is safe, it tastes like the the river it comes out of. I get my 5 gallon jug refilled for 75¢ so I hate paying $1.19 for a 20 oz bottle at the convience store. Rootbeer is my weakness too. I try to only drink diet. I eat enough calories as it is, I don't need to drink more. Quote Pastoral Family Counselor... Find me at www.PostumCafe.com Author of Peculiar Christianity
Recommended Posts
Join the conversation
You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.