Jump to content
ClubAdventist

reasons for being a member of C/A


Recommended Posts

  • Members
Posted

Why do folks post on C/A? This is just a preliminary list... anyone have suggestions for additional reasons? Wanna discuss it?? pontificator

Social reasons

a) to find new friends

B) to chat with old friends

c) to see what others think of your new idea

d) to share interesting videos

e) to share interesting photos

f) to find a mate

g) to share humor

Intellectual reasons:

a) to discuss secular issues

B) to see what others think of your new idea

c) to *discuss* (as opposed to *attack*) theological issues

Selfish reasons

a) to get attention

B) to argue and bait

c) to "teach and preach" without listening

d) to promote your own agendas

e) to make "trite" comments (the same/similar comments on multiple threads)

Mean/aggressive reasons:

a) to attack others

B) to attack Adventism

c) to attack EGW

d) to attack other religions

Spiritual reasons:

a) to request prayer

B) to share uplifting stories and scripture

c) to discuss issues in worship and spiritual life

Pam     coffeecomputer.GIF   

Meddle Not In the Affairs of Dragons; for You Are Crunchy and Taste Good with Ketchup.

If we all sang the same note in the choir, there'd never be any harmony.

Funny, isn't it, how we accept Grace for ourselves and demand justice for others?

  • Administrators
Posted

i came here to listen and speak about what the SDA community of believers is all about.

i came in really inexperienced in communicating in this kind of forum. after a year i have really brushed up on my communication skills. I soon was finding the difference between what i was saying, and what i wanted to be saying, and refining my process of listening and responding.

it has made a difference in my life and in my communication of my faith around me.

i found it a great source of inspiration for prayer, for others, for needs, and for my own needs of more love and grace.

is there a 12 step thread around here?

deb

Love awakens love.

Let God be true and every man a liar.

  • Administrators
Posted

The forum has changed a great deal since I have been here. I initially came here because I traveled for work almost all week, every week and was seeking SDA people with whom I could communicate. I suppose you could call it a mix of Social and Spiritual reasons.

If your dreams are not big enough to scare you, they are not big enough for God

  • Moderators
Posted

All the above except for the mean/aggressive reasons. Yes, we have had different trends here, sometimes I'd be our conservative other times I'd be our liberal I'm glad to be back where I belong someplace in the middle. I enjoy our friendship here. And since my career is in health care I need someplace to release what I learned at AUC and Andrews and the Jerusalem Center for Biblical Studies when I had studied to be a Bible teacher.

Posted

Mean/aggressive reasons:

a) to attack others

B) to attack Adventism

c) to attack EGW

d) to attack other religions

I have seen that more than once.

And given that - I think there are one or two here who post in defense of what the denomination actually teaches.

And who knows - maybe -- just maybe there are one or two non-SDAs that come here to find out what our denomination teaches about a certain Bible subject.

Does anyone here know of someone who actually came to C/A and became SDA as a result of finding out about what the Bible says on certain important subjects? One?

in Christ,

Bob

John 8:32 - The Truth will make you free

“The righteousness of Christ will not cover one cherished sin." COL 316.

  • Moderators
Posted

There are several reasons why I am a member here.

One major reason is that I believe that I have something to contribure to this forum.

If I did not, I would not remain a member.

Gregory

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

If you find some value to this community, please help out with a few dollars per month.



×
×
  • Create New...