Jump to content
ClubAdventist

Dreadlocks?


Recommended Posts

Posted

I'm just curious about what you all think about a christian/adventist having dreadlocks. I think it's a really cool hairstyle, and kind of want to get them, but am not sure if it's a good idea. Dreadlocks are actually clean and you have to maintain them, which includes washing regularly. Dirty hair doesn't dread to well. Anyway, what do you guys think? :)

  • Members
Posted

I see no problem at all and have no problem with them, so go for it. Unfortunately people will associate them with drugs etc. Just like years ago, long hair had a bad rap, beards also, etc. Its who you are that's important. God looks at the heart.

phkrause

When the righteous are in authority, the people rejoice; But when a wicked man rules, the people groan. Proverbs 29;2
  • Members
Posted

I think dreadlocks look like fat pipe cleaners, but it wouldn't bother me in the least if someone else wanted to wear their hair that way...

Pam     coffeecomputer.GIF   

Meddle Not In the Affairs of Dragons; for You Are Crunchy and Taste Good with Ketchup.

If we all sang the same note in the choir, there'd never be any harmony.

Funny, isn't it, how we accept Grace for ourselves and demand justice for others?

  • Administrators
Posted

I suppose that if it is what you want to wear and the image you wish to project then go for it. However, I would certainly question how it well it would play in my professional and social life.

My personal opinion (and please do not feel offended) is dreadlocks never appear clean. Secondly, my first thought is of the drug culture/gangs, etc.

I am not sure of your reason for pushing for a discussion on the subject. Whatever your reason the decision is obviously personal. It must be your decision and you must own it. The reaction you receive, whether negative or positive, is yours to accept.

For the record there are fashion trends I would like to indulge in, however they would not be the statement/example that I wish to make ...

If your dreams are not big enough to scare you, they are not big enough for God

  • Moderators
Posted

One of the top sales persons in a local automobile dealer has long dreadlocks. Some of his hair is very long. He otherwise dresses professionally.

He is a top sales person due to the fact that he provides superior service and people who use him recommend him to their friends.

Gregory

Posted

Unusual topic thread for this message board.

I prayed for twenty years but received no answer until I prayed with my legs.

Frederick Douglass

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

If you find some value to this community, please help out with a few dollars per month.



×
×
  • Create New...