Jump to content
ClubAdventist

Recommended Posts

  • Moderators
Posted

How would you broach or would you even do it that your friend has bad breath?

  • Moderators
Posted

If your friend, you may know enough about that person to know how to approach the subject.

Being up-front and not beating around the bush may be the way to go. But do it privately.

I am reminded of the first class I took at the Seminary. It was the first lecture. There were both female and male students in the class. The professor was walking back and forth in front of the class. His zipper was open.

I stood up, and while walking up to the professor I said: In view of what you just said, I wonder how you would consider what the author of the textbook said on this page and I showed the textbook to the professor.

There was a piece of paper on which I had written: Your zipper is open.

With me standing in front of him, the professor closed his zipper. Then he said: You have raised a good point, but I do not believe that what I said conflicts with the author of the textbook. I believe that the author of the textbook would agree with what I said.

I returned to my seat.

On the other hand, I was on "rounds" with a group of hospital physicians. I noted that a senior female physician, whom I knew pretty well had a large slit in the back of her outer garment. I simply maneuvered her outside the circle and then I directly told her of her wardrobe malfunction. She was grateful to me and for the rest of the rounds, she saw to it that no one was behind her.

Gregory

  • Members
Posted

This reminds me of an incident at the hospital where I worked. One night I was working with a physician who had terrible breath. Everyone knew it, except him. I finally went and got a mint, and offered it to him. He declined, so I said, "It's a gift you really need to accept." He got the message fast, and was *so* grateful!

Gerry, you might try doing something like that...

Pam     coffeecomputer.GIF   

Meddle Not In the Affairs of Dragons; for You Are Crunchy and Taste Good with Ketchup.

If we all sang the same note in the choir, there'd never be any harmony.

Funny, isn't it, how we accept Grace for ourselves and demand justice for others?

  • Administrators
Posted
thumbsup

Isaiah 32:17 And the work of righteousness shall be peace; and the effect of righteousness quietness and assurance for ever.

  • Administrators
Posted

Along those same lines, but from the recipient perspective, someone once offered this helpful tip - "Never refuse an offer of a breath mint or chewing gum. It may be just the thing you need."

Now if there was something similar to offer to those with BO...

"Absurdity reigns and confusion makes it look good."

"Sinless perfection is such a shallow goal."

"I love God only as much as the person I love the least."

*Forgiveness is always good news. And that is the gospel truth.

(And finally, the ideas expressed above are solely my person views and not that of any organization with which I am associated.)

  • Members
Posted
:like:

phkrause

When the righteous are in authority, the people rejoice; But when a wicked man rules, the people groan. Proverbs 29;2
  • Moderators
Posted

color:blue]Thank you all for the suggestions!

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

If you find some value to this community, please help out with a few dollars per month.



×
×
  • Create New...