JoeMo Posted May 31, 2014 Posted May 31, 2014 Interesting article. Since it involves psychology more than religion, I thought this was the best place to post this. http://www.cnn.com/2014/05/31/health/ocd-scrupulosity-religion/index.html?hpt=hp_t3 Quote
Members phkrause Posted June 1, 2014 Members Posted June 1, 2014 Crazy is all I can say. :) Quote phkrause When the righteous are in authority, the people rejoice; But when a wicked man rules, the people groan. Proverbs 29;2
Administrators debbym Posted June 1, 2014 Administrators Posted June 1, 2014 the scripture that comes to mind in response to this article is Isaiah 32:17 And the work of righteousness shall be peace; and the effect of righteousness quietness and assurance for ever. ocd is a lot of suffering. Quote deb Love awakens love. Let God be true and every man a liar.
Moderators Gregory Matthews Posted June 1, 2014 Moderators Posted June 1, 2014 Mental illness can express itself in religious patterns. But, that correlation does not mean that religion causes the illness. Quote Gregory
Administrators Gail Posted June 1, 2014 Administrators Posted June 1, 2014 I have thought that if religion is around the sufferer that mental illness will take it on. Is that how it happens, Gregory? Quote Isaiah 32:17 And the work of righteousness shall be peace; and the effect of righteousness quietness and assurance for ever.
Administrators Gail Posted June 1, 2014 Administrators Posted June 1, 2014 OCD might be its own hell (like schizophrenia) and the sufferer doesn't have to wait till they die to know what he'll is like. :( Quote Isaiah 32:17 And the work of righteousness shall be peace; and the effect of righteousness quietness and assurance for ever.
LifeHiscost Posted June 1, 2014 Posted June 1, 2014 Interesting article. Since it involves psychology more than religion, I thought this was the best place to post this.http://www.cnn.com/2014/05/31/health/ocd-scrupulosity-religion/index.html?hpt=hp_t3 "And ye shall know the truth, and the truth shall make you free."John 8:32 KJV "Jesus saith unto him, I am....the truth..."John 14:6 KJV "Great peace have they which love thy law: and nothing shall offend them."Psalm 119:165 KJV God cares! Jesus saves! Quote Lift Jesus up!!
JoeMo Posted June 1, 2014 Author Posted June 1, 2014 Quote: But, that correlation does not mean that religion causes the illness. I absolutely agree. That's one of the reasons I posted this in Townhall rather than Theological Townhall. That being said,I think many of us have known people in the church that have been OCD about some aspect of their faith. For some it is righteousness. For some it is cleanliness, For others it is nutrition. IMO these people would have these OCD manifestations with or without religion. However, once they discover religion, it gives them someplace on which to hang their affliction rather than own up to the fact that they need help. In my own experience with depression, I was only helped when I admitted that the problem was within me and not due to something or someone else. Quote
LifeHiscost Posted June 1, 2014 Posted June 1, 2014 Quote: In my own experience with depression, I was only helped when I admitted that the problem was within me and not due to something or someone else. I repeated this one other time on this forum as it was stated to me by a sister in our church body, but it bears repeating again. Quote: There is no trial or difficulty too small or too big that we can't find someone else to blame it on. God cares! Jesus saves! Quote Lift Jesus up!!
Recommended Posts
Join the conversation
You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.