Administrators Gail Posted July 26, 2014 Administrators Posted July 26, 2014 Who do you reckon has bigger burdens in this life, men or women? Quote Isaiah 32:17 And the work of righteousness shall be peace; and the effect of righteousness quietness and assurance for ever.
JoeMo Posted July 26, 2014 Posted July 26, 2014 I don't know if I could say one has bigger burdens than the other; I would say that they have different burdens. Not trying to sound preachy, but our burdens are only as big as we let them be; and only really heavy when we don't entrust them to Christ. That being said, it isn't always easy to LEAVE them with Christ. Quote
Administrators Gail Posted July 26, 2014 Author Administrators Posted July 26, 2014 And by, "different," can you give me some examples of what you mean? Quote Isaiah 32:17 And the work of righteousness shall be peace; and the effect of righteousness quietness and assurance for ever.
Administrators Gail Posted July 28, 2014 Author Administrators Posted July 28, 2014 How about sorrow? Do you think men or women are heavier laden? Or not? Quote Isaiah 32:17 And the work of righteousness shall be peace; and the effect of righteousness quietness and assurance for ever.
Administrators Naomi Posted July 28, 2014 Administrators Posted July 28, 2014 I believe that burdens, sorrow in particular, are more difficult for many men. Women appear to be more open with their feelings and I do believe this facilitates a speedier recovery. To display public emotion is just not always the "manly" thing to do. However, fortunately that stereo type is changing and men who display public emotion are more widely accepted. When Christ was on earth He had companionship and if we consider His time in the garden and how hurt He must have been when He discovered the disciples were sleeping. To me that is indicative of His needing human support. I believe that men and women all have heavy burdens at various stages in their lives; often the same burdens. Giving our problems to God and learning to let go and let God certainly takes much pressure from us. We still need our human support group. And, must do all we can to rectify the issue, allowing the Holy Spirit to guide. Quote If your dreams are not big enough to scare you, they are not big enough for God
Members rudywoofs (Pam) Posted July 28, 2014 Members Posted July 28, 2014 I don't know if I could say one has bigger burdens than the other; I would say that they have different burdens. Not trying to sound preachy, but our burdens are only as big as we let them be; and only really heavy when we don't entrust them to Christ. That being said, it isn't always easy to LEAVE them with Christ. I tend to drag mine around, take them out and examine them at times, give them to Christ, take some back, add those of my friends and family, drag them around again, and repeat the process... Quote Pam Meddle Not In the Affairs of Dragons; for You Are Crunchy and Taste Good with Ketchup. If we all sang the same note in the choir, there'd never be any harmony. Funny, isn't it, how we accept Grace for ourselves and demand justice for others?
JoeMo Posted July 28, 2014 Posted July 28, 2014 I think, in general, that women carry their burdens and men bury their burdens. Naomi has a good point about men burying their negative emotions rather than expressing them. However, I think men are better at dismissing burdens over which they have no control (e.g., the weather, geopolitics, etc); and women tend to obsess over things they have no control over. At least that's been my experience with the women in my life. I have enough stress over those things that I do have control of. Maybe the control I think I have is just an illusion. We've all been the victim of ""poop" happens. Quote
Recommended Posts
Join the conversation
You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.