Administrators Gail Posted October 10, 2014 Administrators Posted October 10, 2014 What do enjoy quenching your thirst with? Soda? Smoothie? Something icy? Quote Isaiah 32:17 And the work of righteousness shall be peace; and the effect of righteousness quietness and assurance for ever.
Moderators LynnDel Posted October 10, 2014 Moderators Posted October 10, 2014 Water. Cool, clear water. Quote LD
Members phkrause Posted October 10, 2014 Members Posted October 10, 2014 Water Water w/lemons Quote phkrause When the righteous are in authority, the people rejoice; But when a wicked man rules, the people groan. Proverbs 29;2
Members rudywoofs (Pam) Posted October 10, 2014 Members Posted October 10, 2014 I like the caffeine-laden, disease-attributed aspartame-riddled Diet Mountain Dew.. D. Allan 1 Quote Pam Meddle Not In the Affairs of Dragons; for You Are Crunchy and Taste Good with Ketchup. If we all sang the same note in the choir, there'd never be any harmony. Funny, isn't it, how we accept Grace for ourselves and demand justice for others?
CoAspen Posted October 11, 2014 Posted October 11, 2014 Tall glass of good down home ice tea....southern style that is! Meaning, its brewed with the sugar in it, the only rel ice tea!!! Liz and Gail 2 Quote
Geoarrge Posted October 11, 2014 Posted October 11, 2014 I prefer quenching my thirst with water so I can enjoy a tastier beverage without ending up chugging it. Like for instance, homemade ginger ale. Syrup recipe: In a pot: 2 cups water, 2 cups brown sugar, toss in one sliced ginger root (at least 1/4 lb). Let it soak while doing the next steps. Whole spices: 2 tsp cardamom pods, 1 tsp allspice, 1 tsp peppercorns, a few star anise pods. Toast the whole spices in a sauté pan until they are fragrant and lightly browned, then dump them in the pot. Bring the mixture to a simmer for 15 minutes. Let it steep until cool, then strain into a 1 quart pitcher. Add to carbonated water. Quote To be an agent of creation is to serve the Creator.
Administrators Gail Posted October 11, 2014 Author Administrators Posted October 11, 2014 Wow! That looks tasty! Quote Isaiah 32:17 And the work of righteousness shall be peace; and the effect of righteousness quietness and assurance for ever.
LifeHiscost Posted October 11, 2014 Posted October 11, 2014 Water. Cool, clear water. When thirsty, definitely. However when our mouth or tongues get to the place, dry enough to thirst, I understand we're already dehydrated enough for it to be unhealthy. In fact some years ago I began suffering severe vertebral pain, to the point of considering going to a doctor. Praise God I remembered some advice about dehydration already in progress before the tongue reminds one and it not only started a habit of drinking about 40 0z. each morning, usually, and the pains totally vanished within 36 hours, only reoccuring when failing to drink faithfully. God is Love! Jesus saves! Gail 1 Quote Lift Jesus up!!
Liz Posted October 12, 2014 Posted October 12, 2014 Water at home, when out and about diet coke or sweet tea, and in the fall/winter hot apple cider. Quote For what will a man be profited, if he gains the whole world, and forfeits his soul? Mat. 16:26Please, support the JDRF and help find a cure for Type 1 Diabetes. Please, support the March of Dimes.
Moderators LynnDel Posted October 12, 2014 Moderators Posted October 12, 2014 When I am driving and starting to fight a deadly-dangerous sleepiness, I go for caffeine. I've discovered that both Dr. Pepper and coffee will keep me awake for the drive, but that Dr. Pepper will prevent me from sleeping that night when I want to, while a cup of coffee will let me have a solid night's rest. Neither are satisfying for thirst, however. I really do love good water more than any other possible thing to drink. Quote LD
Moderators Bravus Posted October 13, 2014 Moderators Posted October 13, 2014 I mostly drink water - lots of it. But sometimes with a meal I feel like something a bit fancier, so I tend to have soda water with half a lemon squeezed into it, over ice. Quote Truth is important
Sojourner Posted October 13, 2014 Posted October 13, 2014 Favourite would be Coca-Cola, yet that would be seldom if ever these days! Regulars are weak Green Tea flavoured with lemon juice or Diet Coke or simply water. Quote
Moderators Gerr Posted October 13, 2014 Moderators Posted October 13, 2014 "Oh Dan & I, our throats burnt dry for cool water, Cool water." And mango lahsi. Quote
Recommended Posts
Join the conversation
You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.