Members phkrause Posted January 12, 2015 Members Posted January 12, 2015 Unfortunately, Shmuel's wife Hetty passes away during the night. As is the Jewish custom for speedy burials, Shmuel immediately phone's Yankel, a member of the chevrah kedushah (burial society). Yankel awakens somewhat disoriented. "Hello!!! What time is it? Oy gevalt, it's 3am." "Yankel," says Shmuel, "this is Shmuel Rosen. My wife has just died and I need the chevrah kedushah to deal with her body." "Shmuel," says Yankel, "you're having a bad dream. We buried your wife 3 years ago." "You don't understand," says Shmuel, "I remarried last year." "You got married again?" says Yankel. "I didn't know this. Mazel Tov!" Quote phkrause When the righteous are in authority, the people rejoice; But when a wicked man rules, the people groan. Proverbs 29;2
Recommended Posts
Join the conversation
You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.