Stan Posted January 17, 2015 Posted January 17, 2015 As of today, I have been 43 years with out my father... seems long and it seems like yesterday.. Naomi and Kevin H 2 Quote If you receive benefit to being here please help out with expenses. https://www.paypal.me/clubadventist Administrator of a few websites like https://adventistdating.com
Members rudywoofs (Pam) Posted January 17, 2015 Members Posted January 17, 2015 I know what you mean... I can still hear the voice of my father... Kevin H, Stan and Naomi 3 Quote Pam Meddle Not In the Affairs of Dragons; for You Are Crunchy and Taste Good with Ketchup. If we all sang the same note in the choir, there'd never be any harmony. Funny, isn't it, how we accept Grace for ourselves and demand justice for others?
Administrators Gail Posted January 17, 2015 Administrators Posted January 17, 2015 That reminds me I really need to call mine... ((( Stan ))) ((( Pam ))) Kevin H 1 Quote Isaiah 32:17 And the work of righteousness shall be peace; and the effect of righteousness quietness and assurance for ever.
Administrators Naomi Posted January 17, 2015 Administrators Posted January 17, 2015 Yes, Gail, call if you can. I wish I could call my mother and/or father..... those every evening calls used to be a burden at times ... now I wish I could be bothered with having to take time to make that call. Kevin H 1 Quote If your dreams are not big enough to scare you, they are not big enough for God
LifeHiscost Posted January 22, 2015 Posted January 22, 2015 As of today, I have been 43 years with out my father... seems long and it seems like yesterday.. While it has been many years since my father's death, I'm satisfied this information gives the best reason for me not to be unhappy about the loss. There are cases where God works decidedly by His divine power in the restoration of health. But not all the sick are healed. Many are laid away to sleep in Jesus. John on the Isle of Patmos was bidden to write: “Blessed are the dead which die in the Lord from henceforth: Yea, saith the Spirit, that they may rest from their labors; and their works do follow them.” Revelation 14:13. From this we see that if persons are not raised to health, they should not on this account be judged as wanting in faith.{CCh 305.4} Many Laid to Rest Before Time of Trouble It is not always safe to ask for unconditional healing.... He knows whether or not those for whom petitions are offered would be able to endure the trial and test that would come upon them if they lived. He knows the end from the beginning. Many will be laid away to sleep before the fiery ordeal of the time of trouble shall come upon our world.—Counsels on Health, 375 (1897).{LDE 255.2} The Lord has often instructed me that many little ones are to be laid away before the time of trouble. We shall see our children again. We shall meet them and know them in the heavenly courts.—Selected Messages 2:259 (1899).{LDE 255.3} God is Love! Jesus saves! Quote Lift Jesus up!!
Recommended Posts
Join the conversation
You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.