Jump to content
ClubAdventist

Lucid Dreaming and Problem Solving


Recommended Posts

  • Administrators
Posted

"Absurdity reigns and confusion makes it look good."

"Sinless perfection is such a shallow goal."

"I love God only as much as the person I love the least."

*Forgiveness is always good news. And that is the gospel truth.

(And finally, the ideas expressed above are solely my person views and not that of any organization with which I am associated.)

  • Moderators
Posted

I've had some very vivid dreams and some fuzzy ones.  There are also dreams I knew  I had but could not remember.  Last night I had a vivid one.  I dreamed I did my first colonoscopy.  Everything went well except that instead of looking through the scope or watching what the scope was showing on the screen, I was watching the x-ray video showing the advancing scope.  So I had to do it over!  I also had a vivid dream about the Second Coming once, in technicolor no less.  I've only had one other dream in color.  Does that qualify me as a problem solver?

  • Like 1
  • Members
Posted

a number of times I've awoken from a dream with a GREAT idea for a business... but I go back to sleep, and in the morning I can't remember what my "great" idea was...

 

(I always dream in technicolor)

Pam     coffeecomputer.GIF   

Meddle Not In the Affairs of Dragons; for You Are Crunchy and Taste Good with Ketchup.

If we all sang the same note in the choir, there'd never be any harmony.

Funny, isn't it, how we accept Grace for ourselves and demand justice for others?

  • Moderators
Posted

Many times I'm aware I'm just dreaming.  I've occasionally awaken from and dream, go back to sleep and resume the dream.

  • Moderators
Posted

a number of times I've awoken from a dream with a GREAT idea for a business... but I go back to sleep, and in the morning I can't remember what my "great" idea was...

 

(I always dream in technicolor)

That's interesting, Pam,  because most of my dreams are like the black & white movies or shades of gray.

Posted

As part of some New Age meditation classes I took in a "previous" life, we were learning the steps to initiate lucid dreaming as the first step towards astral projection.  The first step was to realize you were dreaming and clap your hands (which would immediately wake you up).  After a while, I could turn a nightmare (like not being able to run away from a threat) into a flying dream; which is the best!  Since becoming a believer, I have stopped "exercising" my lucid dreaming skills; because I now believe that astral projection can put one in real danger of encountering (or maybe even being pocessed by) evil spiritual forces.

  • Administrators
Posted

That's an interesting twist!  For those of us who have come by the ability naturally (I don't remember when I couldn't dream lucidly. I did not have to learn how since it just happened that I discovered the awareness and began actively participating in the dream.) that would tend to make it sound like we are at risk, somehow.  I know little to nothing about astral projection, but I would see it as more probable that the opposite would be true in most instances of lucid dreaming.  I think that being more consciously aware and in control of ones dreams would put one in a better position than the passive experience of a dream taking over ones sleep state.  Being in control of one's mental function seems a worthwhile objective.

"Absurdity reigns and confusion makes it look good."

"Sinless perfection is such a shallow goal."

"I love God only as much as the person I love the least."

*Forgiveness is always good news. And that is the gospel truth.

(And finally, the ideas expressed above are solely my person views and not that of any organization with which I am associated.)

  • Members
Posted

astral projection can put one in real danger of encountering (or maybe even being pocessed by) evil spiritual forces.

 

and that's an understatement...

Pam     coffeecomputer.GIF   

Meddle Not In the Affairs of Dragons; for You Are Crunchy and Taste Good with Ketchup.

If we all sang the same note in the choir, there'd never be any harmony.

Funny, isn't it, how we accept Grace for ourselves and demand justice for others?

Posted

Lyndon says:

" I have seen no evidence that demons can invade your dreams."

 

I have; and I have experienced it when I decided to leave the New Age movement and dedicate my devotion exclusively to YHVH and His Son.  It is a mistake to discount the power of demons and principalities in dark places.  Ask missionaries from animist countries how powerful demonic influence is in that kind of society.

 

For the record, I did not say I abandoned lucid dreaming; I abandoned further pursuing astral projection.  You can think what you want; I know what I have experienced.  Lucid dreaming does give you a choice - to pursue evil/horrific dreams or to turn from them and pursue good or "fun"  dreams.  I don't get much opportunity, cuz I don't remember my dreams very well any more.

 

FYI - God and angels can "invade" your dreams as well.  That's how the prophets received a lot of their revelation.  The trick is in verifying the information you receive in a dream with scripture.  If it doesn't jive, it may be demonic influence.

Posted

Lyndon says:

"I do not really believe God invades dreams either."

 

Suit yourself.  I don't believe in putting God in a box by telling Him what He can and cannot do.  I hope God jumps out of the box and invades your dreams sometime real soon.

Personally, I would warmly welcome Him into my dreams.

  • Administrators
Posted

As I understand it, the reported physical evidence when EGW was in vision would suggest something unusual in the sense that she seemed to be disconnected and not present other than physically.  And her reported experience while in vision seems sort of consistent with an out of body experience.  

 

While I am also skeptical of claims along these lines, I don't discount the possible supernatural reality that is a real experience unlike anything we normally would encounter.  While that may be just a vivid imagination, I am not so sure that we can totally chalk it up to that.  

 

I am inclined to agree with you that we may just be doing some sort of entices dance.  But I am not so sure about your distinction between normal sleep dreams and supernaturally introduced dreams.  I do think those ideas can be introduced in our minds by God or the devil.  How it happens is a mystery, but I don't think it is something that is outside of our mind any more than a dream is. I would not be so sure that demon cannot invade you mind, including your dreams.  What would demon possession be if it were not so?  Perhaps you could explain what you consider to be happening in demon possession if it is not a demon invading the whole person.  If as you are saying that there isn't a separate body and soul, what would a demon in possession be invading if not both mind and body as an inseparable singular person?

"Absurdity reigns and confusion makes it look good."

"Sinless perfection is such a shallow goal."

"I love God only as much as the person I love the least."

*Forgiveness is always good news. And that is the gospel truth.

(And finally, the ideas expressed above are solely my person views and not that of any organization with which I am associated.)

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

If you find some value to this community, please help out with a few dollars per month.



×
×
  • Create New...