Jump to content
ClubAdventist

Rabbi Shmuley Boteach on American Sniper


Recommended Posts

Posted

Very interesting article this week from Rabbi Shmuley Boteach as a commentary to the reaction to a movie proving popular in the cinema. 

"If you don’t hate Kim Jong Un, who is starving his people to feed his military; if you feel only indifferent to the Klan when they blow up black kids; if you are not filled with odium at Hamas terrorists who use Palestinian children as bullet-proof vests, you have a broken moral compass".

http://observer.com/2015/01/why-the-left-hates-american-sniper/

  • Members
Posted

Great article, but I would like to see statistics that the "left" doesn't like this movie! Just because Micheal Moore and few others doesn't prove anything to me. Must of those, that I know, who are considered "left" love this movie. And most Jews are considered on the "left." As a Christian I would not want this movie idolized or glorified by no means.

phkrause

When the righteous are in authority, the people rejoice; But when a wicked man rules, the people groan. Proverbs 29;2
Posted

Very interesting article this week from Rabbi Shmuley Boteach as a commentary to the reaction to a movie proving popular in the cinema. 

"If you don’t hate Kim Jong Un, who is starving his people to feed his military; if you feel only indifferent to the Klan when they blow up black kids; if you are not filled with odium at Hamas terrorists who use Palestinian children as bullet-proof vests, you have a broken moral compass".

http://observer.com/2015/01/why-the-left-hates-american-sniper/

By that description there are a lot of people with broken moral compasses in this world, including a few on this site who support organizations such as Hamas. 

 

I don't know that I hate Kim Jong Un, or even individual terrorists, but I do hate what they stand for, and their actions.  I do hate their ideology, and any ideology that causes anyone to think these kinds of people are on the right track. 

Liberty cannot be established without morality, nor morality without faith.
Alexis de Tocqueville
  • Moderators
Posted

I would agree with those sentiments but *add* that if American drone strikes killing innocent civilians of all ages don't sicken you, you *also* have a broken moral compass. Same with Israeli missiles.

In humanity, and in inhumanity, there is no 'our side' and 'their side', there is only human beings living and dying, saving and killing.

By all means point your outrage, and your work, in the direction of killers. Just don't discriminate.

Truth is important

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

If you find some value to this community, please help out with a few dollars per month.



×
×
  • Create New...