Dr. Shane Posted December 1, 2005 Posted December 1, 2005 Our old Spanish forum couldn't make the move to the new server so we had to close it and start a new one. The old forum had over 300 members that had joined in the nearly 3 years that it had been around. However most of them were not active and hadn't visited the forum in many months. So we only carried over about 40 of the members to start out the new forum. November was the first complete month for the new forum. We had over 17,000 hits in November. And 50 new members joined - which places us with more than 100 members. The forum is active every day. Most of our members live in Latin America and do not have computers in their homes. Most of them have access to the internet either at work or school. Access is also available in Latin America at little shops but they charge by the hour and I don't know of any of our members accessing the forum from such places. Saddly, most libraries in Latin America do not have internet access for the public. Internet ministries like Club Adventist do a lot to feed the flock. I am sure we reach some that are not already Adventists but I think our main purpose is to edify the church so its members can in turn, lead happy and spiritual lives in which they reach others for Christ. The Spanish forum is most greatful for all the support it recieves from its brothers and sisters at Club Adventist. Quote Pastoral Family Counselor... Find me at www.PostumCafe.com Author of Peculiar Christianity
Taylor Posted December 2, 2005 Posted December 2, 2005 That is great Shane! Thanks for the report!! Since I was raised a missionary's kid in Central America, it is great to hear that you have such good participation from those countries. Quote
Stan Posted December 7, 2005 Posted December 7, 2005 Shane... doing a great job on www.foroadventista.com Quote If you receive benefit to being here please help out with expenses. https://www.paypal.me/clubadventist Administrator of a few websites like https://adventistdating.com
Susie Posted December 7, 2005 Posted December 7, 2005 I have debated what forum in which I should write concerning this matter--or if I should write at all. But I have been troubled by an ad that I have found on Page 4 of the December 2005 Mid-America Outlook. I am sorry to break right in on a discussion about the Spanish Forum but I do not know how to start a new subject on my own. Anyway, I see that the Seventh-Day Adventist Church in North America will Present "All is Bright' on various cable and satellite stations. It is billed as a heartwarming Holiday Story for the Whole Family. I really believe that our SDA families need more Christian Entertainment. However,the thing that troubles me is that we are putting on a holiday special which stars the very actors who are seen everyday on the suggestive soap operas and grammy shows on TV and in the movie houses across America. We are allowing these people who have become stars in very worldly activities to invade our homes and encourage our young people to hold these actors as models and superstars who will certainly impress young children to follow in their footsteps. If the soap operas and grammy winners are admired in our homes as examples to our young folks,are we going to be surprised when they decide to go to Hollywood or New York to strike it rich on their own? I may indeed be too conservative for my own good. I just wanted to raise the question to see if anyone else has an idea about this story. Or do I need to lighten up a bit? Quote
Dr. Shane Posted December 7, 2005 Author Posted December 7, 2005 Looks like tomorrow, less than one week into December, we will hit the 17,000 hits mark for December. Incredible that in less than a week in December we will get as many hits as we got in November. I am still trying to get more moderators to sign up. And we already have our first arguement between members. Quote Pastoral Family Counselor... Find me at www.PostumCafe.com Author of Peculiar Christianity
Moderators Jeannieb43 Posted December 7, 2005 Moderators Posted December 7, 2005 Susie, your post deserves a reply. I just happened onto this thread tonight and find your thoughts intriguing. Perhaps if you will go to Natter Matters, or Welcome Inn, you'll be able to start a new thread under this title, and then get some conversation started on the subject. Quote Jeannie<br /><br /><br />...Change is inevitable; growth is optional....
Dr. Shane Posted January 18, 2006 Author Posted January 18, 2006 We have now reached our 200 member mark. We had over 43,000 hits last month and have added a Portuguese section which is active and may break off on its own some day. Quote Pastoral Family Counselor... Find me at www.PostumCafe.com Author of Peculiar Christianity
Recommended Posts
Join the conversation
You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.