Stan Posted December 10, 2005 Posted December 10, 2005 FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE - - FRIDAY DECEMBER 9, 2005, LOS ANGELES, CA The movie rights to the life story of EVA B DYKES, the first African-American woman to complete the requirements for a PhD, has been acquired by STAN JENSEN and GREGORY CROSBY. CROSBY is a third Generation film maker and eldest Grandson of the late Bing Crosby. JENSEN is a Communication Director for the Seventh-day Adventist Church. Dr DYKES, though short in stature, pioneered the way and continually pressed forward against all odds in this giant step towards recognizing the intellectually capability of females with an African Heritage. "This little known story of an Adventist Hero" said Jensen "is one of many examples of Black Adventists who have made a significant difference. These need to be told by Hollywood" JENSEN and CROSBY are negotiating with a major 'Hollywood' studio, and are eager to mount this project with in the next months. For further information contact []StanJensen@evabdykes.com[/] Quote If you receive benefit to being here please help out with expenses. https://www.paypal.me/clubadventist Administrator of a few websites like https://adventistdating.com
Stan Posted December 10, 2005 Author Posted December 10, 2005 Well.... I am pretty exicted about this, it took 5 years to get these rights.. Quote If you receive benefit to being here please help out with expenses. https://www.paypal.me/clubadventist Administrator of a few websites like https://adventistdating.com
cricket Posted December 10, 2005 Posted December 10, 2005 Stan, When I read the breaking news this morning, my first reaction was: WOW. I'll look forward to seeing what becomes of your project! Chrys Quote
Moderators LynnDel Posted December 10, 2005 Moderators Posted December 10, 2005 So this is what you've been working on (one of the many "thises" I suppose)! Excellent! LD Quote LD
Dr. Shane Posted December 10, 2005 Posted December 10, 2005 Congratulations, I look forward to see where God will take this. Quote Pastoral Family Counselor... Find me at www.PostumCafe.com Author of Peculiar Christianity
Clio Posted December 10, 2005 Posted December 10, 2005 Congrats Stan! Can I post my book's news release? Clio Quote A heart where He alone has first place.
Moderators Jeannieb43 Posted December 10, 2005 Moderators Posted December 10, 2005 CONGRATULATIONS, STAN!! I'm one of the fortunate few still living who heard Dr. Eva B. Dykes in person, conducting the Oakwood College choir. She was a powerhouse, as I recall. Many good wishes for your success. Quote Jeannie<br /><br /><br />...Change is inevitable; growth is optional....
Ellen Posted December 11, 2005 Posted December 11, 2005 Congratulations Stan, we DO need to hear about our important intellectual minorities. (I don't know if I put that right). I'm certainly going to see that one when it's ready. Quote
Taylor Posted December 11, 2005 Posted December 11, 2005 Congratulations Stan! This is exciting news!! Do keep us posted! Can't wait to see the movie when you get it done! Will keep this in my prayers. Quote
Stan Posted December 11, 2005 Author Posted December 11, 2005 Thanks!!!!! We need more of our story told to the public. Quote If you receive benefit to being here please help out with expenses. https://www.paypal.me/clubadventist Administrator of a few websites like https://adventistdating.com
Stan Posted December 11, 2005 Author Posted December 11, 2005 </font><blockquote><font class="small">Quote:</font><hr /> Clio said: Congrats Stan! Can I post my book's news release? Clio <hr /></blockquote><font class="post"> Sure, can you do it in the book section??????? Thanks Stan (The) Quote If you receive benefit to being here please help out with expenses. https://www.paypal.me/clubadventist Administrator of a few websites like https://adventistdating.com
Clio Posted December 11, 2005 Posted December 11, 2005 Yup... Quote A heart where He alone has first place.
Recommended Posts
Join the conversation
You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.