Stan Posted August 14, 2015 Posted August 14, 2015 Why is it that most of the sexual offenders I have known coming in spring from the far right? Self supporting schools seem to be a breeding ground for this Perhaps others have had different experiences. ????? Quote If you receive benefit to being here please help out with expenses. https://www.paypal.me/clubadventist Administrator of a few websites like https://adventistdating.com
Stan Posted August 14, 2015 Author Posted August 14, 2015 At what point to hey pay their debt to society? Am not talking about those who violate children. Quote If you receive benefit to being here please help out with expenses. https://www.paypal.me/clubadventist Administrator of a few websites like https://adventistdating.com
Members rudywoofs (Pam) Posted August 14, 2015 Members Posted August 14, 2015 I'm not sure that the majority of sex offenders come from the "far right" (i.e, conservative). Kinda depends on who gets caught. Of the 7 who I've known personally, 2 were SDA liberals, 2 SDA conservatives, 1 middle-of-the-road Baptist, 1 liberal atheist, and 1 hard-line Muslim. Quote Pam Meddle Not In the Affairs of Dragons; for You Are Crunchy and Taste Good with Ketchup. If we all sang the same note in the choir, there'd never be any harmony. Funny, isn't it, how we accept Grace for ourselves and demand justice for others?
Stan Posted August 14, 2015 Author Posted August 14, 2015 That has been more my experience.. glad others have differing.. Quote If you receive benefit to being here please help out with expenses. https://www.paypal.me/clubadventist Administrator of a few websites like https://adventistdating.com
B/W Photodude Posted August 14, 2015 Posted August 14, 2015 A posting of mine detailing liberal and radfems efforts to promote sexual activity with minors went the way of the bit bucket here. It is thru the efforts of gay activists in Holland that the age of consent was lowered to 12! While you hear often that this sort of thing originates from the conservative community, it really is primarily because whenever anything happens in the conservative community it draws attention because conservatives are against it. It becomes a "gotcha" moment. The same thing happening in the liberal or left wing communities doesn't draw as much attention as that is what they do! I realize that this is a sensitive topic, but it to go where it needs to go will make some unhappy. Quote >>>Texts in blue type are quotes<<< ***************************************************************************** And therefore as a stranger give it welcome. There are more things in heaven and earth, Horatio, Than are dreamt of in your philosophy. --Shakespeare from Hamlet ***************************************************************************** Bill Liversidge Seminars The Emergent Church and the Invasion of Spiritualism
bonnie Posted August 14, 2015 Posted August 14, 2015 I wonder if it is meant to imply being a conservative tends to make someone a sexual offender? Out of nine sexual offenders that I am familiar with,three were ultra liberal SDA pastors two were conservative,two catholic priests I have no idea liberal or conservative,one non denominational and the 9th is a question. I wonder if being a catholic priest makes some pedophiles?Or are they pedophiles that become priests? Quote Everything you do is based on the choices you make. It's not your parents, your past relationships, your job, the economy, the weather, an argument, or your age that is to blame. You and only you are responsible for every decision and choice you make, period ... ... Wish more people would realize this. Quotes by Susan Gottesman
Stan Posted August 14, 2015 Author Posted August 14, 2015 According to one repost, protestant had a higher percentage that Catholics did for pedophiles pedophiles are their own bread, I am asking more about other sexual offenders. Can we please not talk about the victims being under 16. Quote If you receive benefit to being here please help out with expenses. https://www.paypal.me/clubadventist Administrator of a few websites like https://adventistdating.com
B/W Photodude Posted August 14, 2015 Posted August 14, 2015 Can we please not talk about the victims being under 16. Sorry! Your first post sounded like that was the topic. But politically compare these recent and more distant cases: Bob Packwood (R) kicked out of the Senate for kissing aides. Bill Clinton (D),who of course didn't have sex with that girl, was impeached but an insufficient number of senators were able to muster the moral outrage or courage to do anything about it. Barney Frank, (D) and gay, was accused of keeping underage male prostitutes. He left congress under his own power. Not a lot was made of that guy from Peter, Paul, and Mary who had relations with an underage (14) relative of Senator McCarthy. I do remember Neil Goldschmidt (D), former mayor of Portland, transportation secretary under Carter, and former governor of Oregon who descended into oblivion after his long term affair with a young woman became public. She ultimately committed suicide. The former mayor of Portland Sam Adams, (D) and gay, was revealed to have had an ongoing relationship with an underage boy (17) while running for mayor. He left office under his own power. Now how does Bob Packwoods offenses sound now, compared to how he was treated and how the rest were treated? Can you really envision a Republican/conservative committing any of the (D)s offenses and surviving in office? I do not see conservatives and liberals being held to the same standard. Quote >>>Texts in blue type are quotes<<< ***************************************************************************** And therefore as a stranger give it welcome. There are more things in heaven and earth, Horatio, Than are dreamt of in your philosophy. --Shakespeare from Hamlet ***************************************************************************** Bill Liversidge Seminars The Emergent Church and the Invasion of Spiritualism
Stan Posted August 14, 2015 Author Posted August 14, 2015 It is irritating to me and other by defining people by (D) or (R) keep the US Politics out of this. phkrause and Tom Wetmore 2 Quote If you receive benefit to being here please help out with expenses. https://www.paypal.me/clubadventist Administrator of a few websites like https://adventistdating.com
Members phkrause Posted August 14, 2015 Members Posted August 14, 2015 It is amazing Stan!! Quote phkrause When the righteous are in authority, the people rejoice; But when a wicked man rules, the people groan. Proverbs 29;2
Stan Posted August 14, 2015 Author Posted August 14, 2015 I am neither a conservative nor a liberal, what I am is Adventist. There is a forum on here for US politics this is not it. Quote If you receive benefit to being here please help out with expenses. https://www.paypal.me/clubadventist Administrator of a few websites like https://adventistdating.com
Moderators Gregory Matthews Posted August 14, 2015 Moderators Posted August 14, 2015 Here is the bottom line: The SDA denomination has some pretty clear requirements that involve the protection of people who come to and/or participate in SDA events/programs. Those requirement include both legal and ethical obligations. Perhaps, the administrative staff of CA will need to consider how it should relate in the event that it becomes known that people with a criminal background and/or a background of sexual offenses begin posting here. I will suggest that there may be both legal and moral/ethical obligations involved. Quote Gregory
bonnie Posted August 14, 2015 Posted August 14, 2015 It begins by identifying sexual offenders known to some as seeming to be more frequent if they are of the far right mind set. It would be interesting to know what is meant by some as being far right. If you are of the far right does that make you more likely to be a sexual offender. Does being of the right make you more likely to be a sexual offender? Are sexual offenders of the left offenders because of their more liberal mindset? Or do sexual offenders hide behind whatever they find most useful to achieve their ends? DreamWeaver 1 Quote Everything you do is based on the choices you make. It's not your parents, your past relationships, your job, the economy, the weather, an argument, or your age that is to blame. You and only you are responsible for every decision and choice you make, period ... ... Wish more people would realize this. Quotes by Susan Gottesman
LifeHiscost Posted August 14, 2015 Posted August 14, 2015 Or do sexual offenders hide behind whatever they find most useful to achieve their ends? Or it could be that opportunists work within the framework of their chosen field. God is Love! Jesus saves! Liz and DreamWeaver 2 Quote Lift Jesus up!!
Administrators Gail Posted August 15, 2015 Administrators Posted August 15, 2015 Personally I think they come from all sorts of backgrounds. The two I know are fairly liberally-minded. If you consider those in the media right now, say, Bill Cosby (who has by now admitted to drugging women for sex so I would consider that rape) and others I would say that many performers as well as politicians are from the left. But I don't think there is a limit to the range of places you might find a perp. Quote Isaiah 32:17 And the work of righteousness shall be peace; and the effect of righteousness quietness and assurance for ever.
Moderators Bravus Posted August 15, 2015 Moderators Posted August 15, 2015 (edited) I suspect the correlation is actually more related to residential schools and similar environments where adults and children spend time together with the children under the control of the adults. There's a correlation between more-conservative subcultures and that. So it's not being conservative that causes the crimes: conservatism, ironically, causes parents to try to protect their kids from 'the world' by putting them in church academies... and predators seek work in those environments (I've worked in one of those environments myself, so I'm absolutely not saying everyone who works in an academy is a predator).Of course, this is not only religion-related: the treatment of indigenous children in Australia and Canada who were taken from their parents and placed in residential schools was similar.The bottom line of my comments here is that, while I generally identify as being on the left, I'm rejecting the notion of a causal link between sex offending and having political views on the right.Having said that, I think Stan in the OP said that he wasn't talking about children: maybe more clarity on what he *did* mean would yield a more coherent discussion? Edited August 15, 2015 by Bravus Quote Truth is important
Administrators Gail Posted August 15, 2015 Administrators Posted August 15, 2015 I thought he mentioned pedophiles as being another breed or something to that effect. Quote Isaiah 32:17 And the work of righteousness shall be peace; and the effect of righteousness quietness and assurance for ever.
DreamWeaver Posted August 15, 2015 Posted August 15, 2015 Excuse me, but where did my post go? I don't understand why it was taken down. I came back to see how other people would respond to my questions and then....poof. Its gone. Quote
Administrators Gail Posted August 15, 2015 Administrators Posted August 15, 2015 Excuse me, but where did my post go? I don't understand why it was taken down. I came back to see how other people would respond to my questions and then....poof. Its gone. I had to check above to see... I suspect that it was hidden due to the political reference. Quote Isaiah 32:17 And the work of righteousness shall be peace; and the effect of righteousness quietness and assurance for ever.
Administrators Gail Posted August 15, 2015 Administrators Posted August 15, 2015 Quite a few of them were. Quote Isaiah 32:17 And the work of righteousness shall be peace; and the effect of righteousness quietness and assurance for ever.
DreamWeaver Posted August 15, 2015 Posted August 15, 2015 I'm sorry, but that doesn't make sense to me. I stated my post in a politically neutral way. I merely used a couple of words, I was not arguing on behalf of a party. I also made some statements that I really would have liked genuine answers to. And as I stated before, this thread doesn't make any sense to me...even more so because my posts were mysteriously deleted faster than I could finish a YouTube video (literally). I'm seriously curious about what I did "wrong". And can someone also tell me how this OP is acceptable but not my post? How is the term "right" any different from referencing a party. And how many people actually mention that term without in some way referring to someone's political/social stance? The way I'm seeing things this thread seems a bit nit-picky. Quote
Administrators Gail Posted August 15, 2015 Administrators Posted August 15, 2015 I was guessing as to what happened. I don't know who has been moderating but I thought I saw somewhere a request to refrain from political references. DreamWeaver 1 Quote Isaiah 32:17 And the work of righteousness shall be peace; and the effect of righteousness quietness and assurance for ever.
Administrators Tom Wetmore Posted August 15, 2015 Administrators Posted August 15, 2015 I believe that some misread the reference in the OP to the "far right" as being about secular politics even though the context indicated it was talking about being conservative/fundamentalist in a religious sense. Stan was clear when he said to keep politics out of this. But some just kept forging ahead in that direction anyway. One way to get people to stop is to remove the political posts for others to comment on. Otherwise a topic just keeps getting further and further side-tracked. Once a topic gets mired in political comments the best thing to do is to dump it in the political forum where political sharks can enjoy a political feeding frenzy. phkrause and DreamWeaver 2 Quote "Absurdity reigns and confusion makes it look good." "Sinless perfection is such a shallow goal." "I love God only as much as the person I love the least." *Forgiveness is always good news. And that is the gospel truth. (And finally, the ideas expressed above are solely my person views and not that of any organization with which I am associated.)
DreamWeaver Posted August 15, 2015 Posted August 15, 2015 Thank you for making that clear to me. It helped me to see what was really going on. Quote
Moderators Bravus Posted August 15, 2015 Moderators Posted August 15, 2015 You may need to be more specific about what you mean, Stan. If we're not talking about underage victims, are we talking about rape? Of either sex by either sex? Otherwise I'm struggling a bit: I would not consider those participating in consensual sexual relationships to be 'sexual offenders'. If they're betraying their partners or their vows there's definitely a moral dimension to their actions, but I'm not sure that label fits. Certainly Jesus said strong things about adultery and divorce and nothing about, for example, homosexuality, and there are plenty of prominent finger-pointing pastors who have been divorced and remarried. Just not sure what the topic is, specifically, and it'd be easier to make clear comments if we all knew. Liz 1 Quote Truth is important
Recommended Posts
Join the conversation
You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.