Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Gregory Matthews

Step Great Grandfather

Today, my step-Grandaughter gave birth to baby Noah and I became a step-Great Grandfather.

Noah had previously been scheduled to enter the world on July 17.  But, he got restless and entered our lives today weighing in at 5 pounds one ounce.

All in all he was healthy.  However, as he was premature, his respiration is being closely watched and  he is on oxygen.  He is expected to stay in the neo-natal intensive care unit for the next 4 - 6 weeks.   But, that will give moma a chance to recover and get set to enter into full-time child care.

 

All of us are thankful for his good health considering his pre-mature status.

The Wanderer, Stan, LifeHiscost and 1 other like this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
44 minutes ago, Gregory Matthews said:

All of us are thankful for his good health considering his pre-mature status.

I was just thinking that when I read the first part of your post!

The Wanderer likes this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Today, Noah is breathing without supplemental oxygen!

 

 

 

The Wanderer likes this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, Gregory Matthews said:

Today, Noah is breathing without supplemental oxygen!

Praise the Lord! :prayer:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Noah has transferred out of the neonatal unit to a regular bed for a newborn.  He is off oxygen and breathing fine on his own.

Staff does not feel that he should attempt to eat on his own, so he is getting food through a tube.

All in all, he is doing well for a pre-mature baby.

 

 

phkrause likes this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

As one who has retired from working in a teaching hospital for some 20 years, I think I have some minimum knowledge of what happens in a hospital, even if I do have more to learn.  But, the hospital where I worked did not do delivery.  Any female patient who was going to deliver was transferred to the hospital next door.  We were one of three hospitals that were side-by-side.  So, I have learned something in this experience with the birth of Noah and how he is fed since it is not thought that he is ready to eat on his own.

Very simple:  Mama is attached to an electric milking machine.  I did not know that they existed for humans.  The milk is collected and fed to Noah through a tube.  The result:  Noah get the benefit of human milk even if it is not from a more natural delivery method.

 

 

 

The Wanderer and phkrause like this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

The attached photo is of Noah, my step-great grandson who is being held by my wife.  It was taken yesterday, July 4, 2016. 

I am sorry about the orientation of the photo.  It is upright on my computer.  But, it rotated when it was copied to this post.

 

DSC_0418.JPG

phkrause and The Wanderer like this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

He looks pretty healthy for a preemie.   He'll be bouncing around there in no time, I predict.

 

phkrause likes this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

photo of Noah.htmphoto of Noah.htm

The above link will take you to a Facebook photo of my step-great-grandson, Noah, at 3 months.

Click on the link.

Then click on <open>   at the bottom of your screen.

NOTE:  I have been informed that people using a smart phone to access this thread may not be able to open the photo as the pop-up does not appear on their phone.  I do not know.  From my desk-top computer and Wikndows 10, I can  open the  photo and the pop-up appears.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 5/23/2016 at 5:43 AM, Gregory Matthews said:

As one who has retired from working in a teaching hospital for some 20 years, I think I have some minimum knowledge of what happens in a hospital, even if I do have more to learn.  But, the hospital where I worked did not do delivery.  Any female patient who was going to deliver was transferred to the hospital next door.  We were one of three hospitals that were side-by-side.  So, I have learned something in this experience with the birth of Noah and how he is fed since it is not thought that he is ready to eat on his own.

Very simple:  Mama is attached to an electric milking machine.  I did not know that they existed for humans.  The milk is collected and fed to Noah through a tube.  The result:  Noah get the benefit of human milk even if it is not from a more natural delivery method.

 

 

 

That is very good! babies so need that in order to have optimal immune system development!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 7/5/2016 at 5:18 AM, Gregory Matthews said:

The attached photo is of Noah, my step-great grandson who is being held by my wife.  It was taken yesterday, July 4, 2016. 

I am sorry about the orientation of the photo.  It is upright on my computer.  But, it rotated when it was copied to this post.

 

DSC_0418.JPG

Noah does look very good for being a preemie. My youngest son was two months early, and I know what you must feel to see Noah pull through like this. Better warn the Mom, my son now has size 13 shoes. :)

Edited by The Wanderer
spelling/grammar
phkrause likes this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

The following photo is of my 7-month old step- grandson.  It was taken yesterday, December 24, 2016.

 

 

DSC_0527[1].JPG

The Wanderer and phkrause like this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Guest
You are commenting as a guest. If you have an account, please sign in.
Reply to this topic...

×   You have pasted content with formatting.   Remove formatting

  Only 75 emoticons maximum are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

Mega Footer

You can configure this content inside your ACP under Customization > Edit > Mega Footer.

Mega Footer

You can configure this content inside your ACP under Customization > Edit > Mega Footer.