Gregory Matthews

Windows 11

O.K.  The formal title that Microsoft has given to their new OS is Windows 10 Build 1607.  But it is clearly such a major revision that in the past it might have been called Windows 11.  NOTE, it is a free upgrade.

This is a mandatory upgrade that Microsoft is automatically installing on Windows 10 computers.  It began installing in August and Microsoft states that it will continue being installed on Windows 10 computers well into November.  If you have Windows 10, it will be automatically installed on your computer at such a time as Microsoft decides to install it on your computer.

MS installed it on this computer yesterday and will install it on our other two computers at some  time in the future.  It took a good two hours to install it on this computer.

I just thought that I would open up a thread on this new OS for people to comment as they desire.

At this point Microsoft is charging $199.00 for MS10. Glad I upgraded while it was still free.I like it until I find it no longer allows me to make my own choices.

God is Love!~Jesus saves!  :D

I let it update to 10 on my wife's Dell. It must've done a few updates since and I got an email for a few more. As of right now some drivers need updating for sure. Will have to check it out this weekend! Otherwise 10 seems pretty nice. So far!! :)

Many of those who tried to force the update early, including myself, found that if they hadn't been prompt with updating their antivirus software (I had been using AVG for a while), Windows would fail to start on rebooting. I had to do a clean install to fix it.   It appears that more patient people did not experience this problem. 

The Wanderer likes this

Windows 10 brought so many good features, but the time has come for Windows 11 to be unveiled. There has been so many speculation about the release date of the new OS circulating over the internet. Some rumors indicate that the Windows 10 is actually the last operating system from Microsoft, but many people are skeptical about this information as they are eagerly waiting for the confirmation of Windows 11.

People are so optimistic about the new arrival, and their expectations are going through the roof and this may be one of the reasons why the launch is postponed. We believe that Microsoft will soon officially announce the Windows 11, but until then, let’s take a look at what we know.

Source: https://www.opptrends.com/2017/01/windows-11-news-updates/

Oh, am I glad I left MS behind a long time ago.  They are going to a system which will be run by them and them alone as it will be cloud oriented.  They will always have a back door into your files, and because of that so will the government for MS gives the government the key to get in.  They cooperate fully with the NSA.  Privacy?  There will be none.

I will never pay for an upgrade and I have software that is fully updated by me on a daily basis.  Anything new comes down the pike on any software on my computer and I have the updates from one place no matter who made the software.  Plus, I really like the concept of open source software and the GNU public licensing.

The Wanderer likes this

You are commenting as a guest. If you have an account, please sign in.
Reply to this topic...

×   You have pasted content with formatting.   Remove formatting

Only 75 emoticons maximum are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

Mega Footer

You can configure this content inside your ACP under Customization > Edit > Mega Footer.

Mega Footer

You can configure this content inside your ACP under Customization > Edit > Mega Footer.