Jump to content
ClubAdventist

How the Sabbath will become the focus at the end...


Recommended Posts

Posted

It is hard to imagine how the Sabbath could become a test in the last days before Christ comes, but I came across this article that EGW wrote and it makes it clear...

"...The Lord gave me the following view in 1847, while at Topsham, Me. The brethren were assembled on the Sabbath.

We felt an unusual spirit of prayer. And as we prayed, the Holy Ghost fell upon us. We were very happy. Soon I was lost to earthly things, and was wrapped up in a vision of God's glory. I saw an angel swiftly flying to me. He quickly carried me from the earth to the Holy City. In the City I saw a temple, which I entered. I passed through a door before I came to the first vail. This veil was raised, and I passed into the Holy Place. Here I saw the altar of incense, the candlestick with seven lamps, and the table on which was the shew-bread. After viewing the glory of the Holy, Jesus raised the second vail, and I passed into the Holy of Holies.

In the Holiest I saw an ark; on the top and sides of it was purest gold. On each end of the ark was a lovely cherub, with their wings spread out over it. Their faces were turned towards each other, and they looked downwards. Between the angels was a golden censer. Above the ark, where the angels stood, was an exceeding bright glory, that appeared like a throne where God dwelt. Jesus stood by the ark. And as the saints' prayers came up to Jesus, the incense in the censer would smoke, and he offered up the prayers of the saints with the smoke of the incense to his Father. In the ark, was the golden pot of manna, Aaron's rod that budded, and the tables of stone which folded together like a book. Jesus opened them, and I saw the ten commandments written on them with the finger of God. On one table was four, and on the other six. The four on the first table shone brighter than the other six. But the fourth (the Sabbath commandment,) shone above them all; for the Sabbath was set apart to be kept in honor of God's holy name. The Holy Sabbath looked glorious--a halo of glory was all around it. I saw that the Sabbath was not nailed to the cross. If it was, the other nine commandments were; and we are at liberty to go forth and break them all, as well as to break the fourth. I saw that God had not changed the Sabbath for he never changes. But the Pope had changed it from the seventh to the first day of the week; for he was to change times and laws.

And I saw that if God had changed the Sabbath, from the seventh to the first day, he would have changed the writing of the Sabbath commandment, written on the tables of stone, which are now in the ark, in the Most Holy Place of the Temple in heaven; and it would read thus: The first day is the Sabbath of the Lord thy God. But I saw that it read the same as when written on the tables of stone by the finger of God, and delivered to Moses in Sinai, "But the seventh day is the Sabbath of the Lord thy God." I saw that the Holy Sabbath is, and will be, the separating wall between the true Israel of God and unbelievers; and that the Sabbath is the great question, to unite the hearts of God's dear waiting saints.

I saw that God had children, who do not see and keep the Sabbath. They had not rejected the light on it. And at the commencement of the time of trouble, we were filled with the Holy Ghost as we went forth and proclaimed the Sabbath more fully. This enraged the churches, and nominal Adventists, as they could not refute the Sabbath truth. And at this time God's chosen all saw clearly that we had the truth, and they came out and endured the persecution with us...." A Vision, April 7, 1847....See also A Word to the “Little Flock,” p. 19; Experience and Views, p. 17; Early Writings, p. 33.
__________________
Posted

I agree that "who do you worship?" will become an end-time test of loyalty and trust in Christ; but unlike EGW, I doubt very much if it will be exclusively over Sabbath.  I believe that many people who allegedly keep the Sabbath will fall prey to habitually breaking one of the other 9 commandments; thus losing eternal life if they are not under grace.  "Remember the Sabbath" is only one of 10 commandments God has laid out for us.

Posted
13 hours ago, Reddogs said:
"...The Lord gave me the following view in 1847, while at Topsham, Me. The brethren were assembled on the Sabbath.

We felt an unusual spirit of prayer. And as we prayed, the Holy Ghost fell upon us. We were very happy. Soon I was lost to earthly things, and was wrapped up in a vision of God's glory. I saw an angel swiftly flying to me. He quickly carried me from the earth to the Holy City. In the City I saw a temple, which I entered. I passed through a door before I came to the first vail. This veil was raised, and I passed into the Holy Place. Here I saw the altar of incense, the candlestick with seven lamps, and the table on which was the shew-bread. After viewing the glory of the Holy, Jesus raised the second vail, and I passed into the Holy of Holies.
__________________

John the Revelator - writing many years after Jesus returned to Heaven. 

Revelation 21:22 "I saw no temple in the city, for its temple is the Lord God the Almighty and the Lamb." (NRS)

Heaven itself IS "the true Tabernacle" (Temple). (Heb 8:2, 9:24)

Heaven would not fit inside of the Holy City. 

 

 

8thdaypriest

Posted
5 hours ago, JoeMo said:

I agree that "who do you worship?" will become an end-time test of loyalty and trust in Christ; but unlike EGW, I doubt very much if it will be exclusively over Sabbath.  I believe that many people who allegedly keep the Sabbath will fall prey to habitually breaking one of the other 9 commandments; thus losing eternal life if they are not under grace.  "Remember the Sabbath" is only one of 10 commandments God has laid out for us.

God has blest us in that all those who accept Jesus, the gift of life as a result of Jesus accepting our penalty for sin, we are able to receive the reward that is rightfully His for we have all sinned and are falling short of the glory of God.

…11And this is that testimony: God has given us eternal life, and this life is in His Son. 12Whoever has the Son has life; whoever does not have the Son of God does not have life. 13I have written these things to you who believe in the name of the Son of God, so that you may know that you have eternal life.…1 John 5

God is Love!~Jesus saves!  :D     :prayer:     :offtobed:

Lift Jesus up!!

  • Moderators
Posted

Not "will be", it IS coming into focus now.  The evolution-creation debate/controversy is about the worship of a Creator of which the Sabbath is a memorial.

  • Like 1

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

If you find some value to this community, please help out with a few dollars per month.



×
×
  • Create New...