Jump to content
ClubAdventist

Senior moment at work tonight....


Recommended Posts

  • Moderators
Posted

Tonight at work I was assigned to the Children and Adolescent unit. One of the patients asked if she could call her sister. We have a book that tells who the patients can call and their phone numbers. I dialed the number, the phone rang and only got the voicemail and I left a message.

 

I then went to the patient and said "I'm sorry, your sister did not answer I only got her answering machine and left a message."

 

The patient had a confused look on her face and asked what I meant by answering machine. It had to be explained to her that I got her voice mail and that there use to be a machine connected to phones that took the messages and that they were called answering machines.

 

The girl was so excited and said "You mean they really had a machine by the phones that took the messages before they had voice mail? Wow, that must have been cool....

  • Like 2

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

If you find some value to this community, please help out with a few dollars per month.



×
×
  • Create New...